Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 141 to 144 of 144

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,593

    Default End Round 5 - Begin Round 6

    Somehow, be it through fate or the will of the Force, the appearance of an intimidating Bothan brandishing a weapon unnerved all of the technicians. They stopped all work at their stations to stare in fear. Though the battle still raged, two thirds of the stormtroopers in the chamber were dead or incapacitated. The techs looked at one another and bolted for the door. Alsia, Kadrien and Tahla were confused when the hatch behind them hissed open with two Imps passing by on their way out. Three more followed quickly behind. Meanwhile, stormtroopers took their feet and more blasts resounded around the chamber. Alsia took the worst of it, another burn digging through her flightsuit, grazing her left wrist.

    Seeing the techs leave their stations further enraged Nessa. She screamed, ordering them back, but it was too late. She simply focused on the jedi, and raced on the offense. The quicker these rebels died, the more readily order would be restored. She circled Tahla and Kadrien, blades up and ready to impact counterattacks. Nessa crouched a bit low, positioning on the balls of her feet. With a whir, she experimentally slashed high, toying with her brother. Kadrien ducked away safely from the crimson blade, but the intent was there.

    This fight was not over. Not yet.

    OOC:

    Shayle, I am tweaking your Destiny roll a bit. I know what you are trying to do, so let’s see if the dice are kind.

    Shayle expends a Destiny point to affect his CHA bonus worth of technicians (+5) with a Persuasion check to Intimidate.
    I am ruling that since one squad is dead, and another is prone, the techs see this as evenly matched, so only a -5 to the check.
    Shayle DC18 Persuasion check to Intimidate = 1D20(19) + 16 – 5 (evenly matched) = 30, success. The techs will flee on their movement.
    The tractor beams will stay active without the techs at their station.

    Imperial’s Turn:

    Techs #4-5 take Run actions out of the room.
    Techs #1-3 take double move actions. #1 also took a swift action to open the door.

    S1 takes a full-round action to Double Attack Tahla and Kadrien:
    Kadrien: 1D20(13) + 19 = 32, Force point (3,3) = 35, miss.
    Tahla: 1D20(3) + 19 = 22, miss.

    S3 stands as a move action.
    S3 takes one swift action to begin moving back up the track.
    S3 attacks Alsia: 1D20(15) + 20 – 1 (condition) = 34, hit.
    3D8(14) + 5 = 19 damage

    Nessa Soth uses a swift action to begin moving up the track.
    Nessa Soth moves one square N, one squares NE and one square SE to not provoke AoO
    Nessa Soth attacks Kadien with double lightsaber as a standard action, fighting defensively:
    1D20(14) + 17 + 1 (Inquisition) – 1 (Condition) – 5 (fighting defensively) = 26, miss.
    Nessa is + 2 to Reflex Defense until the next round.

    Your turns!

    Final.jpg
    Last edited by rogue; 09-22-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    Tahla menaced the Sith warrior, testing her defenses. She jabbed at the air with a few short, half-hearted thrusts, probing. With a flick of the wrist, she let the tip of her saber blade tip low before reversing into an underhand slash toward Nessa's chin.

    OOC: Swift Action to activate Battle Strike - UtF 1d20(13)+18=31. +1 to next attack. Spending a Force Point for +5d6 damage. Standard to attack Nessa - 1d20(13)+17 (Rapid Strike)=30. Force Point 2d6(2,2)=2+29=32.

    That doesn't hit, so nevermind the damage roll.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,593

    Default

    Nessa whirled her sabers against the probe, each blast impacting with sparks as the blades howled and flashed. On the last, she countered with a one-handed riposte that easily swatted away the jedi master's strike. Nessa smiled, eager to test Tahla's mettle.

    OOC: Both attacks miss due to Nessa fighting defensively. :(
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    Kadrien fell back, trusting the Force that Tahla would be able to hold of Nessa for a few more minutes. He hated leaving her with his sister, who really should have been his to handle, but he had to admit Tahla was more suited to going toe to toe with Nessa Soth. He would do his best to dispatch the troopers so that one lucky shot didn't kill one of them. Hoping he was making the right choice, Kadrien focused his fire on blasting apart the weakest looking trooper squad.

    OOC:
    Kadrien will move 4 squares South (taking an AoO) and then autofire attack on S3

    Attack:(11) + 18= 29. Spending a force point:(1,4) = 33.

    damage:(18) + (16) + 14= 48 damage. Half if its a miss.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •