Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guess the D&D Movie Joe Manganiello want to help make!

Has anyone been able to read the second page?

I can see a couple words, most notably Vingaard Keep.

I think I see dragon and "lord a dive.."

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    You can be as close-minded as you want, but if a movie is made, it would be crazy to think there would be no following merchandise in the form of games, toys and....books.
    I think the more important thing is it would lead directly to book sales.

Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter are still in the Amazon Top 10 for Fantasy books. A good Autumn Twilight could bump sales and get WOTC to release all of the novels onto Kindle. That would be a boon for Dragonlance.
    Last edited by ITA_CRX; 04-13-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    You can be as close-minded as you want, but if a movie is made, it would be crazy to think there would be no following merchandise in the form of games, toys and....books.
    Don't mistake our "Glass Half Empty VS. Glass Half Full" disagreement as me being "close minded".

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhelm View Post
    I completely disagree. If it was, then why all the focus on it in the 5e products? It gets mentioned from time to time in their posts too.

We have seen so-called "dead" properties come back before, most notably with 4e. Dark Sun came back with a killer reboot, and Gamma World was all sorts of fun.

I'd say go with the familiar story, as you're going to get your existing fan base in as well as new fans. Then we could transition to spin-offs from there.

I get where you're coming from. The past makes me a bit cautious too. However, this is good supportive evidence of something in the works. So I'm trying to be very supportive. The key is that we want Dragonlance to live.
    To maintain copyright ownership of an IP you need to show your still using it in some way. Hence, all the reference to DL charactors. Its actually a smart move on WOTC's part (though some like Disney has done much to undermine the concept of Copyright, but that's another discussion).

I should be more thorough. Under the current leadership at WOTC, DL (especially DL novels and perhaps all D&D novels) is concidered over. They're not responding to W&H strongly indicate this. Until that leadership changes, the fandom has to do heavy work of can keeping DL alive. If something ever does change for the better (particularly this "one story to tell" BS) we'll be here. Until than, all we have is each other and those new fans we ourselves bring in via exsisting novels and games.
    Last edited by DaemonAngel; 04-13-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Hey wow...more coverage of the topic. http://geekandsundry.com/delving-int...onlance-movie/
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Either way it's nice to see DL mentioned like this. It keeps the name alive. I enjoyed the animated film, it was what it was and I didn't expect no big budget film. The Legend of Huma would be the best start imo but I'll settle for anything at this point!

May be running out of time? Wheel of Time TV series announced: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/whee...ny-1202390897/
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain