Thread: Sharing a 5e Dragonlance adaptation

Default Sharing a 5e Dragonlance adaptation

Hi, I just want to share this simple Dragonlance adaptation to the D&D 5th edition rules that I made for my group.
    Please enjoy and feel free to comment if you want.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...G43VEtyb05EZVk

Nice! I wish I had done this for my RPG club kids before we started playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi, I just want to share this simple Dragonlance adaptation to the D&D 5th edition rules that I made for my group.
    Please enjoy and feel free to comment if you want.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...G43VEtyb05EZVk

Nice work!

Would be interesting to know your take about all the spellcasting classes/subclasses (like bards, rangers, paladins, eldritch knights, arcane tricksters, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Delazar View Post
    Nice work!

Would be interesting to know your take about all the spellcasting classes/subclasses (like bards, rangers, paladins, eldritch knights, arcane tricksters, etc).
    Thanks!

Well, I opted for a simple approach and I (like I wrote in the document) divided the magic sources in five: the Moon Magic, Magic from the Gods, Magic from Krynn itself, Magic from the Heart and Pact Magic (I added it to include the Warlock class).
    My idea was to made an adaptation which sounds familiar to every D&D player, and not only the Dragonlance fans. With this in mind, I didnīt even wrote about the subclasses magic sources (I did wrote about the core classes), but I supouse that the Eldricht Knight and the Arcane Trickster use the moons to obtain magic powers, even if they are not powerfull enough to pass the Test of High Sorcery.
    I didnīt write anything about the Bardīs magic source because it is an eternal debate, and I think it should be determined by the DM or the players in group. In my table the Bards use Krynn as a source of magic, like a Sorcerer.

Nice work!

Been considering doing that myself for my next 5th game.