Thread: WotC Announces Dragonflix!

Default WotC Announces Dragonflix!

Renton, WA – Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., has announced a new agreement with Netflix to produce Dungeons & Dragons-based shows under the “Dragonflix" banner.

Mike Mearls commented on this new move. “We’re looking to expand Dungeons & Dragons into the realm of movies and TV shows. Our new agreement with Netflix allows us to do both. As both mediums are very story-driven, we looked towards Dragonlance, our greatest storytelling world, to lead the way.”

Per Mearls, Wizards plans to reboot Dragonlance for purposes of movies and TV. In a move similar to the Star Wars continuity reboot, all storylines beyond the Chronicles trilogy will be under the “Legends” banner. Mearls explained that Wizards didn’t want any confusion.

The following is a tentative list of programs expected to come out of this initiative:

The Bachelor - Dargaard Edition: Krynn’s infamous death knight, Lord Soth, looks for love, handing out a black rose to one unlucky woman.

Gunthar’s Angels: Once upon a time, there were three very different little girls…Laurana, Goldmoon, and Tika...who grew up to be three very different women. But they have three things in common: They're brilliant, they're beautiful, and they work for me. My name is Gunthar.

Extreme Makeover - Taladas Edition: Ty Pennington sees what he can do to rebuild Taladas after the Chris Pierson trilogy.

Little People, Big Pockets: A kender family in wanderlust, seeking to find the One Spoon to rule them all.

Tika Takes a Bath: Margaret Weis stars in this show featuring her dog, Tika, and focusing on dog grooming techniques. What, did you think this would have the infamous lost NSFW pic of Tika Waylan that Elmore drew? Shame on you, you perv!
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

You just made me swear!

Every year you do this. It didn't fall for last years. But I'm not proud of how far I read before it hit me.
    "And me being strictly neutral I bashed everyone in sight!"

I got all the way to Dragonlance before I realized.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhelm View Post
    Tika Takes a Bath: Margaret Weis stars in this show featuring her dog, Tika, and focusing on dog grooming techniques.
    Brilliant!

Game on!
    Seriously; what's the point of being a minotaur if you're not going to skewer something, anything, on those beautiful horns....

"Here's to the successful end of another stupid and poorly planned adventure." — Aram Anni-Padda

Haha, Trampas! You never fail me!

Tika was really excited, though. Now she's disappointed.

Margaret

Hahaha!

Not bad.

Looking forward to a few of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Darkness View Post
    Haha, Trampas! You never fail me!

Tika was really excited, though. Now she's disappointed.

Margaret
    For the uninitiated: Tika is a dog. And she is awesome.
    Sallis the Silver Blaze
    Member of the Whitestone Council
    I don't want to be the bad guy anymore.