Thread: Dragonlance Accelerated!

Default Dragonlance Accelerated!

A few years back, when I first started tooling around with Fate, I tried converting DL to that system. The results reflected my inexperience with game design in general, and Fate in particular. I like to think I've learned a few things since then. I haven't reinvented the wheel or anything, but there are a couple of original ideas, and everything seems to be working as intended. Also, I tried to incorporate little things here and there from every iteration of DL. Peruse at your leisure. Feedback is always appreciated.

https://sites.google.com/view/dragon...celerated/home

Talking

Awesome! After much pondering and examining systems, I came to the same conclusion as you did (I think): Fate Accelerated seems to be the perfect RPG system to incorporate directly into the game play the themes and ideas of Dragonlance which, IMHO, are not well-suited to D&D (any edition), even though the setting originated in that gaming environment.

I'll give your website a careful read as soon as I have some free time on my hands but, in the mean time, thanks a lot for sharing! I'll probably use this in the future

All the best,

Felipe
    Writer, editor & translator / Escritor, editor y traductor

Thanks, Felipe!

Very nice! I love FAE (not a fan of FATE, though.) Have you playtested it?

A comment about the rules: having played extensively with 13th Age, I have come to realise that I don't really need three different distinctions of armour: light and heavy is more than enough. I think the same would work for FAE, too.
    Last edited by Turambar; 03-28-2017 at 05:03 AM.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.
    E. G. Gygax, Dungeon Masters Guide, 1979.

Nice hack! Its a very simple but unique! It seems to capt the setting´s feel.

It always seemed to me like a good system for heroic settings.

Just a note regarding the size ladder, I'm a bit surprised by the Griffon < Dragon < Giant size ladder. Dragons seem bad exemples since their size vary significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Very nice! I love FAE (not a fan of FATE, though.) Have you playtested it?

A comment about the rules: having played extensively with 13th Age, I have come to realise that I don't really need three different distinctions of armour: light and heavy is more than enough. I think the same would work for FAE, too.
    I'm playtesting it right now with my wife and kids. We've played one game so far, but I'll pay attention to your tip. Three stunts for armor does seem a bit much. i'll let you know how my experience goes once we get a few more games under our belts.

Quote Originally Posted by HurinTheCursed View Post
    It always seemed to me like a good system for heroic settings.

Just a note regarding the size ladder, I'm a bit surprised by the Griffon < Dragon < Giant size ladder. Dragons seem bad exemples since their size vary significantly.
    Yes. Those are bad. I was looking at them yesterday. I wrote them in hurry, but I'm going to go back and revise. Suggestions are always welcome.

Nice work!

Very interesting!