Thread: DC's Dragonlance comics

Default DC's Dragonlance comics

I was wondering if these comics fit in continuity-wise with the novels. Or are there a ton of continuity mistakes?

Thinking of buying them, but I like things that fit with each other. Also, does anybody know if IDW is planning on releasing the rest of the series in trade format? They're up to, what? Issue 25 or so?
    Last edited by BountyHunter; 02-26-2017 at 10:01 AM.

They fit in pretty well with the continuity of the novels that existed at the time. I believe elements have since been overwritten by other novels, such as the Lost Chronicles and the Defenders of Magic Trilogy.
    Matthew L. Martin, Chronicler of the Martinian Canon, the Anti-Canon, Desolate Krynn and numerous other 'wrong' versions of Krynn.

OH. Oh well. That sucks. Maybe I'll just grab the Forgotten Realms series instead.

Note that if you're looking for strong continuity, Dragonlance is not the place to be looking for it. Even the 'core novels' contradict each other, and once or twice even themselves.
    Matthew L. Martin, Chronicler of the Martinian Canon, the Anti-Canon, Desolate Krynn and numerous other 'wrong' versions of Krynn.

Really? I've read all the core books, and don't think I noticed. It's been a while though, I may have just forgotten.

Default Comics

I remember that comic series. It was a lot of fun to read, but has been compromised a bit by the novels.

I'd buy them for sheer reading pleasure. It is fun to see characters in the DL world in colour.