Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help RE: Dragonlance Chronicles

Smile Help RE: Dragonlance Chronicles

Hi.
    I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I lost my Dragonlance Chronicles first edition boxed set in a landslide and am having huge difficulty in obtaining some idea of the replacement cost of these items as part of my insurance claim. Does anyone here have any idea of the value of this boxed set please? They were in near new condition (no spine or cover creases; some yellowing from age). (Please advise whether your indication of value is in US dollars, Euros or whatever the particular currency is you are referring to). Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xepheus View Post
    Hi.
    I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I lost my Dragonlance Chronicles first edition boxed set in a landslide and am having huge difficulty in obtaining some idea of the replacement cost of these items as part of my insurance claim. Does anyone here have any idea of the value of this boxed set please? They were in near new condition (no spine or cover creases; some yellowing from age). (Please advise whether your indication of value is in US dollars, Euros or whatever the particular currency is you are referring to). Thanks for the assistance in advance.
    There were two boxed sets published. The earliest featured Larry Elmore art. The second featured Matt Stawicki's art. Do you know which set you had?

Margaret

The ISBN is 0880381728, if that helps. Here is a copy on AbeBooks: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...bi=14745346472 selling for $21. There are also one or two on Amazon. It seems to me to be very rare, but also not very well-known or very highly sought-after. The stock picture and information are wrong, or somehow relate to a different product or products with the same ISBN. To me, its worth every penny of $25, if its in very good condition, especially considering how hard it is to find very good copies of the individual volumes in those printings (DoAT is 2nd printing, DoWN and DoSD are 1st printings). This is one of those things which you want to hope to stumble across in a bookstore rather than pay premium price for online. I picked up a beautiful set on Sunday for $4!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Darkness View Post
    There were two boxed sets published. The earliest featured Larry Elmore art. The second featured Matt Stawicki's art. Do you know which set you had?

Margaret
    It was the set with the Larry Elmore art, not the later version. I should have clarified. Any ideas? And thank you btw for responding - much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
    The ISBN is 0880381728, if that helps. Here is a copy on AbeBooks: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...bi=14745346472 selling for $21. There are also one or two on Amazon. It seems to me to be very rare, but also not very well-known or very highly sought-after. The stock picture and information are wrong, or somehow relate to a different product or products with the same ISBN. To me, its worth every penny of $25, if its in very good condition, especially considering how hard it is to find very good copies of the individual volumes in those printings (DoAT is 2nd printing, DoWN and DoSD are 1st printings). This is one of those things which you want to hope to stumble across in a bookstore rather than pay premium price for online. I picked up a beautiful set on Sunday for $4!
    Thanks for the info - all 3 in my set were 1st editions - not sure if the seller I purchased from had a 1st that he exchanged for the original first book in the series, but they were in fact all 1st eds when I bought them around 2001. They also had near to no shelf wear on the covers and pristine spines. Any idea what this would be worth if it was 1st ed of all of the books with Larry Eldmore art? Grateful thanks if you've seen anything like this around recently and can give me some idea.

You can go on eBay, and create an auction not all the way, but begin as if youre selling a set. eBay lets sellers look at previous auctions of the same product. That could give you a good idea of what it might have gone for in the past.

In a landslide? Where do you live?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    In a landslide? Where do you live?
    New Zealand

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
    You can go on eBay, and create an auction not all the way, but begin as if youre selling a set. eBay lets sellers look at previous auctions of the same product. That could give you a good idea of what it might have gone for in the past.
    Cheers - Appreciate the suggestion. Will go and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Xepheus View Post
    New Zealand
    Ah ok, that makes sense then. Sorry for being nosy, I've just never heard the "I lost this or that in a landslide" before. Usually, it's a flood, or a fire or something.