Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 391

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #341
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Dalvin took in the collapsed building before him. He turned to his companions and said “This is going to take a good deal of time and effort to properly search. Nevertheless, that is why we came here, and I, for one, think it wise to take the extra time if it could yield useful information. If the two of you have no objections I suggest we do just that." He paused for a moment, thinking of just how many complications could arise from such a drawn out hunt for clues, and how exposed they were to passing patrols who surely would not look kindly on their activities.

    “However, such an extended excursion is far more likely to draw attention to ourselves than our searches of the previous two locations." Dalvin continued. "I’ve never been especially observant, and I trust I need not remind you of my, uh, louder-than-intended examination of the Victocora Estate. I fear I would only be a hindrance if I were to attempt it again. Since a setting a guard during such lengthy search seems prudent, I nominate myself for that particular duty. I may not have the keenest senses, but I'm fairly confident that I can tell if a patrol is headed this way."

    –OOC–
    Assuming that you two are on board with searching the rubble, I suggest Dalvin stays outside on the lookout since it'll take a long time and he's terrible at both stealth and perception. I assume he would need to make...some sort of check to remain unobtrusive while outside. Hopefully bluff or disguise or something to pretend to be doing other things (it's probably stealth though). If you guys would rather Dalvin search with the rest of the party, I'll do that instead (again, assuming you guys want to search).
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,570

    Default

    Jaem pumped his legs at a run and crossed the street in three strides. He whipped the cloak around him and faded into the wreckage. Dropping into the remains of the building’s foundation, looking for a way through.

    OOC: Stealth check 1d20(16)+17=33. Perception check 1d20(10)+6=16.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,863

    Default

    They had spent the day looking for anything that would help them and all they had learned was that the Thrunes were as powerful as originally thought. They needed a win. The nascent rebellion needed it. The Page took his time, looking through the remnants, looking for anything that would help. He was confident that the others would be able to warn him of any impending danger.

    ooc: as discussed, take 20+10=30
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  4. #344
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    94

    Default

    As he watched his two companions look through what remained of the Silver Star, Dalvin cast his eye around the rest of the street. He assumed from the lack of objections that they approved of him standing guard, and so he quickly found a building with a good view of both the alleyway and the ruin. Leaning up against the wall, he tried his best to look nonchalant as he kept his eyes peeled for danger.

    –OOC–
    Roll to casually lean? (16)+/-?= ? I’m not sure what skill to use here, or if a roll would even be needed at all. But just in case you’d like a “how unobtrusive are you” roll, there it is. If not, please feel free to ignore.
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    The Page and Jaem began combing through the rubble. As they searched they quickly became aware that the ruins were very unstable and could shift under them at any moment. The charred stone of the music hall had collapsed into the rooms below and it was clear that too much weight could cause it to shift all over again.

    Jaem and the Page moved slowly through the ruins, shifting and searching through the charred and melted stone. The Page eventually saw a glint of metal poking out from underneath the stone and in his excitement moved a little too quickly to uncover it. The rubble shifted below him and his leg slipped down into a recess. As the rubble settled on top of him he felt incredible pain as his leg was caught in a landslide of rubble. Despite the pain he grabbed onto the metal object he had seen and gripped it tight as he waited for the rubble to settle again. The item seemed to be a metal coffer that was burned but intact. Pushing through the pain, he stood up from the rubble with his only find.

    Dalvin had been doing his best to look nonchalant even as the burned out building behind him rumbled and roared with shifting stone. At the exact moment that a bleeding Prydewyld was standing up in a puff of white dust was when three Dottari rounded the corner. "Oy!" one of them shouted as they approached. "What do you think you're doing?"

    OOC:
    Everyone searching makes a DC 15 Reflex Save or takes 3d6 damage from the shifting rubble.
    The Page:(6) +3= 9. Fail. 3d6 damage=(2, 5, 6)= 13. Ouch.
    Jaem:(20) +7= 27. Pass.

    The Page finds a metal coffer.

    50% chance of guards:(3)= guards! Guard perception:(19) +5=24. They see the Page in the rubble.
    Last edited by jake; 12-23-2017 at 08:46 AM.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  6. #346
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    94

    Default

    “I was leaning against this building when it collapsed! Incidentally, do any of you know the way to Crissali’s bookstore? I was told it was around here somewhere.” Dalvin looked around as if searching for the aforementioned shop. His eyes alighted on a very battered looking Page of the Inheritor standing amidst the rubble, covered in dust and ash. The guards had surely noticed him.

    “Officers, there’s a man over here in need of our help! He can barely stand and if that building suffers another collapse he could very well die. We’ve got to help him!” Without waiting for a response from the three guardsmen, Dalvin started off toward the Page. His friend looked to be barely conscious through the pain and so Dalvin prepared to do what he could to alleviate it.

    —OOC—
    Bluff to convince the guards that I’m just a concerned citizen (16) + 4 = 20
    Diplomacy to improve disposition (8) + 8 = 16
    Intend to lay on hands the Page once Dalvin reaches him, but I wasn’t sure if the guards would start fighting before then
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  7. #347
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,863

    Default

    The Page cursed in pain as he pulled himself from the rubble. Part of him knew that something like this would happen but at least he had something to show for it. However, is curses of pain turned to a different sort when he saw the guards approaching.

    "Oy!" one of them shouted as they approached. "What do you think you're doing?"
    "Surviving." He muttered through a dust filled cough. "Is this how it is done these days, leaving burnt out buildings so that children can play in them? Thank all that is good that it was I rather than some child. You should tell your supervisors that they need to do a better job. People's lives are at stake." The Page demanded of them as he pulled himself to his entire height as he waded out of the rubble.

    ooc: Try to change their attitude with Intimidate 1d20(19)+13=32
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,570

    Default

    Jaem heard the Dottari calling out, and threw himself against a pile of rubble, lifting the hood of his cloak with one hand, yanking the shortbow free with the other. He tried to calm his pounding heart, and cursed the situation. The Silver Ravens had no quarrel with the City Watch as a sovereign organization, but they were in league with the House of Thrune, though he hoped unwillingly in at least some cases. If it came to blows, he’d have to defend himself and his fellow officers. Jaem was loathe to make an enemy of the Watch, but to fall into their hands was effectively the same as being captured by the Thrune menace.

    He waited, and listened, and hoped.

    OOC: Jaem will hide himself in the rubble - Stealth check 1d20(18)+17=35. He’ll ready his blow if the Watch presses them.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #349
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    The guards took in the strange pair suspiciously. "This place burned down weeks ago," one of them said as he approached.

    "Yeah," another guard said. "It's bloody safe if you don't go messing in it. Whatchu got there, anyway?" he asked, looking at the large metal coffer in the Page's hands.

    OOC:
    I'll use the diplomacy/intimidate rolls after a little more conversation (it take's about 1 minute). Jaem, the one stealth is fine.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #350
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,863

    Default

    "If it burnt down weeks ago, why hasnt this place been secured and cleaned up? The last thing this city needs is another charred structure chasing away the locals." The Page started forward as if it were the right thing to do. When the guards ask about the chest, "Honestly, I dont know. I just picked it up not too long ago. And then this burnt out husk fell on me." He tried to walk the line of truth with vagueness. "But you are correct, I shouldnt have been poking around here. I should have just been on my way once I picked up this delivery." He emphasized by patting the box.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •