Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 323

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    The Page sized up the man bearing down on him. He was going to easy on him before the attacker attempted to draw first blood. Feeling like he had no choice, he whipped up the point of his blade and thrust it forward, hoping to silence the man in the crowd.

    ooc: attack w/ longsword 1d20(13)+3=16; dmg 1d8(6)+3=9
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus watched as the young woman drew first blood but was now flanked by the thugs. He couldn't let her die not when she carried so much weight with the people. He seethed inside wishing he was good with a blade, but had more than just a weapon at their disposal. He began to gesture with his hands and spoke the spidery words of the arcane. "LEAVE HER ALONE!" He shouted at one of the men, shaking him to his core.

    OOC: Cast Cause Fear at C2 Will save DC 15 If he fails he is frightened for 1d4 rounds, if he makes it he is just shaken for 1 round.

    If fails frightened for 1d4= 2 rounds

    Not sure if I need a concentration check because of the crowd or not but here's one 1d20(15)+5= 20
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    The Page's blade slid point first through leather and flesh. It ripped a grievous wound through the man's side, spilling red blood onto the cobblestones. He still somehow stood but he swayed on his feet and his face had gone bone white. This was clearly not the type of opposition he had expected, and it looked like he wanted no more of it.

    He was not the only thug to feel such fear. One of the men threatening Aphra suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of dread settle onto him. He had to get away, now, get far away. Voltarus watched with pleasure as he saw his magic settle onto the man. Fear would do just as well as swords, he thought.

    OOC:
    The Page hits c4 for 9 damage.

    c2 Will Save vs Cause Fear:(6) -1= 5. Fails. c2 is frightened for 2 rounds.

    Still Jaem and Aphra to go!

    Code:
    ________________.-.-.-.-._______________________________
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . .1. .2. .3. .4. .5. .6. .7. .8. .9. .11. .12. .13. . . 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.c3.A.c2.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.P.c4.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.J.V.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . .  
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page
    N=Nox; 1-13=Dottari; c1-c4= Citizens Group Thugs
    x=crowds (counts as difficult terrain for all except Voltarus)
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    The thug fell to the ground, screaming and bleeding profusely from both legs.

    Aphra's vengeance in her flush face was red as the blood pooling round her boots and gleaming in dripping trickles off her curved sword.

    She had never never murdered a man before. She would be forever changed, though no thought of that occurred to her now. She knew only she'd murdered a man and there'd be consequences and her life would never be the same...and for that price, she knew she had to take full advantage of this grisly crossroads. For the people of Kintargo. Yes, she would have his head cleaved off and held high in her hands for all to see. She brought her rare blade around after her elegant but deadly swing, now bent on beheading the man at her feet - to grab and raise into the air as a symbolic gesture that the people of Kintargo were not weak - that they were capable, capable of anything. After all, she herself was no strong or especially skilled woman with a sword. Just fed-up.

    Spitting her own hair from her mouth from her quick action, she paused suddenly - just short of the downward arc that would be the brutal act of decapitation. Another red bandanna was moving toward her. There was a quick flash in her mind. She liked that term - red bandanna. When she killed a red bandanna, she could hide from the fact she was committing murder. But indeed it was only a flash.

    "You're next?" she spat with wild venom with no hesitation as the second red bandanna came for her. There was also at least one more behind her in the chaos.

    "You learn the hard way!?" she hurled. After all, he'd practically stepped right in front of the arc of her downswing meant for his fallen cohort's neck.

    "Are you paid enough gold coins worth this!!"

    With her downward arc she aimed for the crook of his neck and shoulder where veins of hot blood were most vulnerable. The moment steel slit flesh she followed through shutting her eyes from...from...

    She felt the blood spray her and in her blink of blindness the cries of the crowd were intensified to her senses. She opened her eyes alertly, but did not look down at her own carnage. She gripped her sword tighter for an upswing as she whirled around in the other direction. There it was, a third red bandanna. The man that wore it didn't seem so eager to be cut, though Aphra knew not it was Voltarus's doing.

    "Don't tell me you are so stupid!" she taunted amidst all the shouting, her white blouse splattered with blood, sword dancing in the tight grip of both her gauntleted hands. "Are YOU paid enough gold coins worth it!? Know that your mace, every spare mace - like their's - will end up in yet another citizen's hands!"

    OOC
    standard swing at c3. d20(13)+6= 19. damage 1d10(8)+4= 12 slashing.
    move none, whirl around to face c2.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 03-14-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Jaem pushed past Voltarus, coming to the Page's aid. He contorted through the crowd, stopping shoulder to shoulder with the man being attacked by a Cheliax supporter. The short, thrusting blades that were his memories of service to the empire that he despised were now put to work against them. One swept out in front of his torso, ready to intercept a blow. The other dipped and drove upward at the agitator. "Run!" He hissed to the stranger.

    OOC: Move action - 1 square NE, 1sq E. standard - attack the Page's opponent 1d20(11)+4=15. Possible damage 1d6(3)+1=4.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    Aphra's steel swung through the air and sank into flesh and bone. When her swing was through, another corpse fell to the cobblestones below. Had Voltarus's magic not been enough to put pure fear into the lone remaining thug, her act of murder would probably have been. The man turned tail and ran, spurred on by magic and the murderous woman he was leaving behind.

    Jaem moved with practical efficiency and skills honed by years in the service. His short sword struck swift and true against his wounded opponent, and in the wake of the deadly stab another man fell to the ground.

    Drawn together by fate and chance against a powerful enemy, the four strangers stood in the crowd. A cheer went up at their success, but the joy was short lived. The nearby Dottari had noticed them and were organizing to push through the crowd towards them. An unearthly howl escaped the opera house and struck fear into all who heard it. Reinforcements were coming, and they didn't sound human. The crowd began to panic and suddenly realized that the repercussions of their actions might be dire indeed. There were only a few moments before Hell truly broke loose.

    OOC:
    Aphra hits and kills c3.
    Jaem hits and kills c4.
    c2 is frightened for two rounds and flees, using the withdraw action.
    The Dottari begin pushing forward through the crowd towards you guys. You all hear something howl from inside the Opera House.

    You guys are up!

    Code:
    ________________.-.-.-.-._______________________________
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.1.x.2.x.3.x.4.x.5.x.6.x.7.x.8.x.9.x.11.x.12.x.13.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.A.x.x.x.x.x.x.c2.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.P.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.J.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.V.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . .  
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page
    N=Nox; 1-13=Dottari; c1-c4= Citizens Group Thugs
    x=crowds (counts as difficult terrain for all except Voltarus)
    Last edited by jake; 03-15-2017 at 07:27 PM.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Jaem flicked the blood off his blade. His tail whipped up, grabbing the mysterious Page by the arm. "We need to get out of here, now. I know a safe place."

    OOC: Come with me?
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    The Page cocked his eye brow in question as the tiefling slew the bully. He spared a glance at the young woman, the guards were advancing quickly on her location. He could not risk his own mission to help her, even if she would have been of use later. Turning back to the tiefling, "Lead on."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    When Aphra had whirled to slaugt-

    "Am I a slaughterer?"

    -er the third red bandanna, he'd retreated by the time she focused to do the deed. She didn't have to the make the decision of how to do it, or whether or not to do it all. But she had started what point was there in stopping now? There was an ominous undertone. She was at least a murderer, now. Of red bandannas, not people. An unearthly howl seemed to split the world. Aphra was tempted to charge into it. One of the Dottari was close enough for her to cut down, and she almost did so in the heat of her fury and confusion if not deadly attention. She would perish, she knew, as panic beset the streets, in blood and flame. She had done what she could, but only so far. She could do more, and cut down the Dottari.

    "I am at least a murderer," she thought, a sense of peace suddenly jolting her to her senses and a firmer grip on reality that was already firm in her grip on her sword. At least she was not a senseless slaughterer. She did not feel good about being a murderer, so in anger Aphra grit her teeth and spat at the face of the fallen red bandanna, redder because of she. She leaned down, grabbing his - its - light mace from the ground. She also felt a huge sense of satisfaction. Perhaps she had sparked a revolution. The events of this day would not soon be forgotten by any witness. Hell was coming. It would be remembered.

    "I told you so," she whispered at the unhearing corpse still squirting crimson spray. Her voice was not without a sense of mad mirth, because of what Aphra had just done. And yet the light mace would be a fine weapon in the hands of one of the rebellion, as promised. The four men. Voltarus.

    "GOOD PEOPLE OF KINTARGO, OUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD BUT NOT TODAY."

    The words of Voltarus. He could rule in House Thrune's stead. But suddenly the thought became unimportant in the least. If she didn't run now...

    Mace in one hand and sword in the other, she fled through the panic as part of its mayhem. Though she kept her sword awkwardly faced down, she was still dangerous enough to throw elbows to keep going in the direction she had last seen Voltarus. She ran smack dab into the face of another fleeing protester, both butting heads and stunning each other, but both blindly continuing to run, uncaring of each other's fate. When her vision cleared, Aphra spotted Voltarus and he was close.

    "Run!" she yelled over the panic, as their eyes met again for the second time - this time during the revolution instead of before it. Despite the mass panic there was strength and determination in her stride, her eyes. "Secret safehouse!" she cried out as she came upon him. Though red-faced and angry she seemed uninjured - none of the blood sprayed across her seemed to be hers. She slowed her flight only long enough to maintain a barrier between Voltarus and Hell.

    OOC
    move pick up nearest light mace from the fallen.
    standard max move S toward Voltarus and everyone!
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 03-17-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus was next to a tiefling and the man in the hat. He heard the tiefling say something about a safe place, that sounded perfect right now. He lost the woman in the crowd then there she was, just a few feet from him. He didn't know if the two next to him were trying to escape without taking other people, he would watch where they went and follow regardless. He waved to the woman, "This way!" He yelled. I will not leave her. he thought as he kept eye on the men next to him.

    OOC: Voltarus will hold while watching to see where Jaem and the Page go. He'll wait for Aphra before running.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •