Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 244

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Voltarus was taken aback by the ferocity tis creature attacked with. This thing was down here and their host knew nothing about it? He was wondering if they had been set up. He was unsure of what to do, then he remembered his ring. He clutched his crossbow in his left hand and raised his right arm, his hand was balled into a fist as his signet ring pointed towards the creature. He concentrated on the ring as a bolt of fire flew from it towards the creature fighting with Aphra. It was something he had never done and he looked at his ring in amazement.

    OOC: Range touch attack against creature into melee... 1d20(17)+3-4= 16 touch

    If hits does 1d6(4)+1= 5 fire damage
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    The bolt of fire flew from a very surprised Voltarus, straight over Aphra's shoulder, and collided into the dark mass of feathered flesh. The creature shrieked and howled as the fire burned away. The smell of burnt flesh and feathers filled the air. To everyone's amazement however, the creature continued it's assault. It looked dead on it's feet, but somehow rage propelled it onward. The creature lashed out at Aphra even while blood poured from it's wounds and fell onto the slick stone floor below.

    OOC:
    Voltarus hits and does 5 fire damage! Creature at -7 but still standing.

    Claw attack at Aphra:(10) + 5=15. Miss. Creature takes 1 point of damage.

    You guys back up!

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  3. #223
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Surprised by both the fireball and the thing's tenacity, the Page struck out a gain. But he knew that his efforts were in vain as soon as he made his move.



    ooc:
    Longsword: +3, 1d8+3 (19-20x2)
    1d20(5)+3=6
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,454

    Default

    Jaem plucked another arrow and fitted it to the bowstring, drawing and rising in a few counts. It was a simple movement, honed from his time on campaign with the Thrunes. with the flurry of movement, he couldn't track the arrow, but at least it wasn't stuck in one of his companions.

    OOC: fire another arrow at the bird-thing - 1d20(14)+1=15. I'm guessing that's a miss.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    This creature was ferocious and who knew what it would do if it actually got ahold of one of them. He began to weave a spell, one that had worked all day, he hoped it would for one more this day. He stared at it intently, conjuring whatever it feared, this had to work.

    OOC: Cast cause fear, DC 15 if fails frightened for 1d4(2) rounds. If makes it shaken for 1 round
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 08-31-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    The cold hard steel of his companions may have momentarily failed, but Voltarus knew magic could be stronger still. His spell took hold of the creature's mind and caused it a fear such that it had never known. It's screeches of pain and rage turned to one of terror as it turned to flee. Blood poured from it's multiple wounds as it ran in a slow wounded shuffle away from them. As it turned it's back, both Aphra and the Page were ready, striking out with their blades. Both sunk deep and skewered the creature to the floor, Aphra slicing through one side and the Page through the other. The creature gave out one last scream of hatred, agony, and terror and then fell to the floor, dead.

    The four could only savor the sudden silence for a moment before a voice rang out, coming from the room to their left. It sounded tired and scared. "Is....Is she dead?" They all heard in common.

    OOC:
    Creature DC15 Will Save:(3) +3= 6. Fail. Is Frightened for two rounds. Turns to run 30', provoking AoO's from Aphra and Page.
    Aphra:(10) + 5= 15. Hit.
    damage:(4) + 3= 7.

    Page:(17) + 3= 20. Hit.
    damage:(8) +3= 11. Dead! Creature dies.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #227
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    The Page whirled to see who, or what, was speaking to them. "Come out into the light. We will discuss your predicament at that time." he warned.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,454

    Default

    Jaem, prepared for anything, set a new arrow against the bow string and turned toward the sound.

    OOC: Elder beat me to it. I'll ready an action to attack the source of the voice.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Light flicked into being in the other room and three figures walked out of it, stopping just past the caved in entrance way. They were also birdlike and human shaped, but where the creature they had just fought had been a bestial thing, these three looked much more civilized. Though not common necessarily, Tengu were not rare either, especially in Kintargo. The one in the middle held a sunrod in one hand and a curved dagger in the other. The other two held short swords at the ready though they clearly looked nervous. All three were dressed in loose fitting baggy clothes under a chain shirt.

    "Look, Korva, she's dead," the one on the left said to the one in the middle.

    "Shut up," Korva replied. She stopped about thirty feet away from the group and held her curved dagger in front of her. "Who are you?" she asked forcefully. "Are you from Riddleport? Or are you with Thrune?" The hand holding the dagger shook as she spoke.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #230
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    "You are in no position to threaten us, or ask questions." The Page glowered at them. "We are most definitely not with Thrune. But who we are and who we are with depends upon your answers to those same questions and what you do with those weapons in the next few moments."

    ooc intimidate 1d20(14)+12=26
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •