Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 248

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    "You little !@#$%." The Page mumbled as crawled to his side and stood up.

    ooc: double move to crawl 5 north and stand up
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    Jaem put himself between the Page and one of the troublesome creatures. His tail wrapped around the hilt of his sheathed sword, and he grasped it just as the other point drove toward their enemies.

    OOC: Move action - 5 ft. Step W. Swift action - retrieve short sword with prehensile tail. I need a positive base attack bonus, or quickdraw. Standard action - attack #1 1d20(3)+4=7. Yuck.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    With most of the creatures dead on the floor the two remaining seemed to think better of their chances. They both threw their arms into the air and bolted for the door. One turned its back to Jaem who quickly took the opportunity to skewer the disgusting little creature with his shortsword. It fell to the ground, dead. The other ran and stopped just short of the door to the room with the ladder.

    OOC:
    They run.

    Creature #1 provokes an AoO from Jaem:(19) +4= 23
    damage:(5) +1= 6. Creature #1 dies!

    Creature #2 double moves to the door.

    You guys back up!

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|.
    .|. .P.P.P. . . . . . . . . . . .d.
    .|. .P.P.P. . . . . . . . . . . .2.
    .|. .P.P.P. . . . . . . .X.R.V. .|.
    .|. . . . . . . . . .A. .X.X. . .|.
    .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . .X.X.|.
    .|. . . . . . . . . .P. . . .X.S.). . . . . . . . . .
    .|. . . . . . . . . .X.X. . . . .). . . . . . . . . .
    .|. . . . . . . . .J.X.X. . . . .). . . . . . . . . .
    .|. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .). . . . . . . . . .
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    d=doors; )= metal grate; P= pile of pillows and blankets 
    Last edited by jake; 05-17-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  4. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,364

    Default

    As the little creature ran by Voltarus, another wave of nausea passed through him. The thought of the creature spewing that filth again at him almost made his knees buckle. He moved away from the creature, around the slick area and towards the pile of pillows and blankets. Perhaps when this passed (if it ever did) he could clean himself off with the blankets.

    OOC: Round 3 of being nauseated! Move action 1 square N, 5 squares W
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    The Page was not one to let a grievance go. He took off running after the little beast, with plans to finish it, charging recklessly across the room, his blade leading going straight for the monster.

    1d20(17)+7=24; dmg 1d8(5)+5=10



    Last edited by elder; 05-23-2017 at 05:02 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Prydewyld was lucky and found one spot free from the slick spell of the creature so he could keep his footing. His sword swung with the full force of his run behind it, sliding deeply into the vicious little creature. It stood perfectly still for a moment as it was cleanly cut through, and then it fall to the ground.

    For a few heartbeats all was silent in the room, but once again the haunting melody of far off pipes was clearly audible to them all. It was a lonely sound. The sound reverberated throughout the halls, clearly coming from deeper inside.

    Rexus whispered a spell, causing his hand to glow green. He waved it around his clothes, cleaning off the horrid vomit of the creature. He rushed over to Voltarus and did the same to the poor man, who finally found himself in control of his stomach. "There there, old chap," Rexus said consolingly, with a pat on the man's now clean shoulder.

    He looked about the room to others. "Anyone else?" he asked, holding up his glowing hand.

    OOC:
    I PM'ed elder and informed him that he had a path to charge, so he kills #2! Out of combat.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,473

    Default

    The mysterious nuisance dealt with, Jaem replaced his sword and retrieved his tool kit, ready to go to work on the lock that barred their way deeper into the subterranean area below the stable. He examined the rusted lock. "This is old." He informed the others. "It's in bad shape, too. I can get past it." The leather bundle unrolled by his knees, the kneeling rogue removed a heavy pick. It was a short, thick steel rod rounded smooth, which tapered to a fine point. He slid the tapered end into the rusted keyhole, feeling around for a minute. His other hand worked sightlessly, pulling a delicate mallet from the loop holding it in place. Raising the little hammer, the tiefling delivered two sharp blows to the thick end of the pick, driving the sharp point into the lock's workings.

    OOC: Disable Device check on the rusted lock - 1d20(19)+8=27.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,364

    Default

    "Just give me a moment or two." Voltarus said aloud to everyone as he had his hands on his knees trying to collect himself. Once the nausea passed he looked at Rexus while wiping the tears from his face. "Thank you my friend." He said with a pat on the man's shoulder. "Shall we continue? Or perhaps there are things hiding in this room." Voltarus once again wove his detection spell and began concentrating, still moving closer to the pile of pillows and blankets.

    OOC: Cast Detect Magic. Will kick around the pillows and blankets... Perception check 1d20(7)+1= 8 haha, not much on the perceptive side... or he just set off a trap lol
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Jaem worked diligently on the door, finding the rusty lock difficult to deal with. Picking it was no problem, but the long years of rust meant he had to push the iron grate open as hard as he could. It screeched as it was dragged open, but it was eventually wide enough for them all to pass through.

    Voltarus meanwhile centered himself within his magic. He felt a tingle and sensed magic nestled inside the pillows and blankets. As he focused on it the glow solidified into a light blue sheen around a beat up looking piece of cloth. Voltarus picked it up and saw that it was actually a worn cloak, with dozens of little bite marks marring its otherwise fine threads. He focused on it further and began to sense that it was a relatively common enchantment that offered some protection against ill effects. The bites likely wouldn't interfere with the magic, he thought. While kicking the other blankets around he saw coins and other items skitter across the floor. Rexus came over and offered his assistance and together they collected what must have been the hoard of the disgusting creatures. A small pile of different coins, some silver buttons, and a pair of earrings stood now stood near the pillows. "Please, keep it all," Rexus said to the others. "I'm sure you'll need it."

    OOC:
    Jaem opens the door!

    Voltarus detects a faint aura of abjuration on the cloak. Spellcraft:(12) +8= 20. Success. Identifies a Cloak of Resistance +1.

    If you guys spend a minute or two searching the pillows, you find the following loot:

    12 gp, 185 sp, 342 cp, a pair of quartz earrings worth 10 gp each, and a set of nine silver coat buttons worth 5 gp each
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    "Anyone know what those little turds were?" The Page asks as he cleans his blade before sliding it back into the sheath.

    He helped the others poked around and when they started to pool together the things they found, he wondered how the beasts were able to collect a little horde like this in such an abandoned place.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •