Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 271

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    The Page was cursing the darkness when the sunrod, like Earthfall itself, come from higher up the shaft. The Page had to be careful, so transfixed was he at the light that he almost forgot to get out of its way. He produced his sword in his left hand. "A moment to those above me, it is a little tight down here."

    ooc: retrieve sword
    Last edited by elder; 04-24-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Now bathed in light, Jaem saw the Page and Aphra make their way down the ladder. Prydewyld drew a sword, ready for anything, and Aphra took a lithe, defensive posture.

    On the floor above, Rexus looked nervous. "Should we head down there?" he asked Voltarus.

    OOC:
    The sunrod is bright enough that the entire room is currently lit. Just Spas!

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . .
    |. . . . . .L. . . .x.| 
    |. . . . .P.A. . . .x.|
    d. . . . . .J. . . .x.|
    d. . . . . . . . .x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x. . . .x.x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.|
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    L=Ladder; x=crates and barrels; d=doors
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus looked at Rexus. "I guess we should huh?" He said a little nervously to the other noble as he saw weapons drawn down below. He stowed his crossbow away and looked down again. "I'll go first I guess. But first..." He weaved a cantrip that most arcane users would recognize immediately and prepared to go down the ladder.

    OOC: Move action to put crossbow away, standard to cast Detect Magic... nothing will happen yet but it's more of a just in case we missed something.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Voltarus fell into his magic and Rexus waited with him, looking anxiously down the ladder and trying to see what was going on below.

    In the cellar room Jaem heard the skittering grow louder and saw three of the largest rats he had ever seen emerge from the ruined crates and debris. They were the size of small dogs, jet black and mangy looking. Their eyes glittered in the light with an unexpected malevolence. Two ran straight for him while the third charged at Aphra. The rats' filthy looking mouths and oversized teeth snapped at them but thanks to their defensive postures Jaem and Aphra were both ready. They both managed to dodge the bites of the disgusting creatures and stood poised to retaliate.

    OOC:
    Three big rats enter from the crates in the southeast corner.

    Rat #1 charges Jaem:(14) + 3=17. Miss thanks to total defense!
    Rat #2 charges Jaem:(1) +3=4. Miss!
    Rat #3 charges Aphra:(1) +3=4. Miss. Another 1! Gosh darn.

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . .
    |. . . . . .L. . . .x.| 
    |. . . . .P.A.3. . .x.|
    d. . . . . .J.2. . .x.|
    d. . . . . . .1. .x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x. . . .x.x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.|
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    L=Ladder; x=crates and barrels; d=doors
    1-3=Rats
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Aphra had been ready of anything.

    Rats.

    Rats were a common nuisance in the slums of Kintargo where Aphra had spent her life. She'd never killed one herself, but she'd seen bigger in the form of red beady eyes staring out from under broken barrels and glass at night, or in the form of a heaping scampering mass across the edge of shack's rooftop. Her first thought was Voltarus coming down the ladder over her. She stepped away from under it, drawing her curved sword from its long sheathe, its blade reflecting off the glowing tip of the sunrod nearby as she raised the elven weapon with both gauntlets. She took a serious look at the frothing varmint, and decided not to underestimate it.

    It could be diseased.

    Her eyes turned serious, as if she was fighting a dragon. Dodging in a fashion to keep her sword between her and its nasty little fangs, Aphra made a swift but tentative slash at the rat. Maybe it would just go away.

    OOC
    5-foot step NE
    move draw sword
    standard Fight Defensively (-4 att/+2 dodge to AC) 1d20(9)+1= 10.
    AC=19 this round.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Aphra moved swiftly out of the way of the ladder for her companions and lashed out with her sword, trying her best to keep the rat away. It dodged the blow and stared at her with dark angry eyes.

    Upstairs, Voltarus was sure there were no magic spells or objects anywhere on his level. It didn't seem that they had missed anything.

    OOC:
    Aphra misses, Voltarus senses no magic.

    Everyone but Aphra up!
    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . .
    |. . . . . .L.A. . .x.| 
    |. . . . .P. .3. . .x.|
    d. . . . . .J.2. . .x.|
    d. . . . . . .1. .x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x. . . .x.x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.|
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    L=Ladder; x=crates and barrels; d=doors
    1-3=Rats
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    "Looks clear, lets go down." Voltarus said to Rexus. He looked down and began to descend the ladder while continuing to concentrate on his spell. He saw the rats and knew he didn't want to get near them so when he got to the bottom he stepped behind Prydwild. He scanned the room hoping to pick up any magical auras.

    OOC: Descend ladder and move to the left behind the Page. Continue to concentrate on Detect Magic
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    The Page took a step towards the nearest rat, hoping to end it quickly. He brought his sword around in a quick slash but he knew his angle was off.

    ooc: 5 foot step to the east, attack 3
    Longsword: +3, 1d8+3 (19-20x2)

    1d20(9)+3=12
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Jaem shifted his weight to the balls of his feet, wary of the huge rats that flooded out of hiding. He all of a sudden wished that his boots were in better repair. Nimbly, he stepped carefully around the sewer chamber, taking care to avoid the rodents. His tail whipped up, plucking the second blade from the scabbard at his waist. Finding himself in a better position, he plunged the thrusting blade down at the creatures.

    OOC: Acrobatics check to tumble - 1d20(12)+8=20. Will move 1 sq. S, 1 sq. SE, 1 sq. NE. Should be flanking #2 diagonally with elder. Swift, prehensile tail to draw short sword. Standard action to attack #2 - 1d20(8)+6=14. Possible damage - 2d6(3,1)=4+1=5.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Voltarus climbed down the ladder, his eyes glowing blue as he searched for any signs of magic in the room. He detected a faint signature of magic, but knew it would take more concentration to determine what it's source was. Rexus followed close behind the wizard, sword cane at the ready. For now he took a defensive posture, taking in the threats in the room.

    Prydewyld slashed out with his blade but it caught only the stone floor. It skittered and screeched as it drew a small white line in the stonework. It was all the distraction Jaem needed, though. He stepped gracefully around the rats and stabbed at the one distracted by the Page. His short sword slid through flesh, bone, and sinew and separated the vile rats head from its body.

    The two remaining rats both tried to bite at anyone nearest them. Jaem and Aphra both small the wicked little things reach for them, but their filthy yellowed teeth closed only on air.

    OOC:
    The Page misses, but Jaem hits and kills rat #2.

    Rat #1 attacks Jaem:(7) +1= 8. Miss.

    Rat #3 attacks Aphra:(1)+1= 2. Miss.

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . .
    |. . . . .V.L.A. . .x.| 
    |. . . .R. .P.3. . .x.|
    d. . . . . . . . . .x.|
    d. . . . . . .1.J.x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x. . . .x.x.x.| 
    |.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.|
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    L=Ladder; x=crates and barrels; d=doors
    1-3=Rats
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •