Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

Treep rocked forward while Korva held her. "The voices. The voices. The rat. The voices. Made me do things. The voices."

OOC:
    If you'd like to get a little more out of her I need either a diplomacy to calm her or an intimidate to get her to snap out of it long enough to make some sense. Either action may have consequences going forward though....

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

As Treep’s tear-stained face contorted in anguish, Dalvin was overcome with pity. He had been prepared to deal with a guileful traitor, not a scared and emotionally vulnerable young woman. Not knowing what else to do, he walked over to the table into which she had buried her face and tried his best to console her.

“Be calm, Treep, you’re among friends and family here. I know you're troubled by what happened, if you talk to us we may be able to help you. But the only way we'll know what to do is if you tell us everything. Do you think you can do that for us, Treep?”

--OOC--
    Diplomacy to on Treep as discussed (19)+8=27
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

Jaem leaned in. “I will make the voices stop, Treep. Tell us who makes the voices.”

OOC: Aid Another on Diplomacy 1d20(10)+9=19
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Treep looked up at both of them and for the first time there was some clarity in her eyes. She nodded. "I can do that," she said and she took a deep breath. "They started a few weeks ago. It's a woman's voice mostly. I heard it out of thin air, just in my head. It said things, talked about how evil everyone here was and how I needed to get the authorities here but that I shouldn't do anything to expose myself." She was crying slightly but mostly holding herself together.

"But why would you listen to this voice?" Korva asked, astonished.

"I don't know! One minute I would think I was going crazy and the next minute I would be doing whatever they said! And then I would feel like myself again and half forget what I had done. Am I mad?" she asked them all. "I am, aren't I?"

She looked nervous, but continued. "I....normally hear her back there, near Rexus's desk. Last time I heard one of the voices I swear it was coming from a.....a rat. Oh gods, I really am crazy." She covered her eyes with her hands and sobbed some more.

OOC:
    Just for reference, she's referring to the area in the upper left where Rexus has set up a desk and spends most of his time decoding the documents taking from the Silver Raven's warehouse.

Last edited by jake; 01-12-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Characters:

"We need to capture this thing." The Page noted to the others. "But she needs to be watched. Treep, will you willingly allow us to secure you for a while? We have to be sure. You also need to tell us everything you did. Who you talked to, where you sent notes." The Page then scanned the rest of the room and spoke to all of them, "We are in this together. We are family now. If you have any doubts, you need to come forward at the time of your wavering."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

“Agreed.” Said Jaem. “But, we need her. The voices, wherever they come from, speak to her. If she makes herself available, they’ll speak again. We have to draw them out.”
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

"I'll....I'll try," Treep said with a slight air of determination.

Korva looked suspicious. "What do you need her to do?"

OOC:
    Let me know some more specifics of what you wanna do (in the planner if you want) and I'll take it from there

Characters:

“We need her to sit near Rexus’ desk for a while. When the voices return to her, she merely raises her hand and we’ll root out the source.” Dalvin’s eyes darted over to the tormented Tengu, her black feathers disheveled from the stress of the confrontation. “If there was a way to do this without forcing her to hear the voices again, I would have suggested that instead. But if we succeed, this should be the last time that they trouble her.”

Dalvin looked between the sisters. “Is that all right with you?”
    --Terry Pratchett

Treep nodded and Korva finally gave a single nod as well. "I'll be nearby the entire time," the older sister said. From that moment on, it was a plan. The rest of the Wasp's Nest made themselves busy in other parts of the hideout while Treep sat down at Rexus's desk. The tengu was clearly nervous and was on the edge of tears the entire time she sat there. Jaem scowled, sure that any creature that might attempt to contact her would know something was going on.

About an hour passed and Treep still hadn't raised her hand and nobody in the group had managed to spot anything. "What do we do?" Korva asked the others in a whisper.

OOC:
    We're going to start with a bluff check from Treep to appear nonchalant:(1)+3= 4.

Perceptions:

Jaem:(15) +6=21
    The Page:(2) + 10= 12
    Dalvin:(14) -1=13

Let me know if you'd like to keep trying. Also, as a kind DM who wants you to succeed, I'll mention that you have tools at your disposal to make this significantly easier....

Characters:

Dalvin was becoming increasingly uneasy. He had hoped that together they would be able to spot whatever had been manipulating Treep without too much difficulty. However, as time wore on it became increasingly apparent that whatever it was that they sought was well hidden. For the second time that day, Dalvin leaned against the sight of his goddess as he scanned the room. He peered at every object in the vicinity he could see with supernatural scrutiny, hoping to see some glimmer of dark energy that could lead him to the rat.

--OOC--
    Detect Evil on anything and everything in the vicinity of Rexus' desk. Because, unless I'm misinterpreting ability, Paladin 'detect evil' works a little differently than the spell 'detect evil' and I have to specify a target rather than just seeing everything in a cone in front of me. It's only a move action per detection though, so that's nice.
    --Terry Pratchett