Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 295

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    "You're with me." He nodded towards Aphra. "We will buy the rest of you time. Check those crates for anything useful." The Page faced the demons and called upon the Inheritor to aid him again.

    ooc: cast Divine Favor +1 attack and damage/1 minute
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus nodded to the page. He knew he wasn't the most perceptive person but he could look through the boxes, it was just speed was a factor here. He moved in right to the boxes preparing to dump whatever was inside on the floor.

    OOC: Double move towards the boxes
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Voltarus moved into the room toward the first box, wondering if this was what they had come all this way for. Rexus touched the Page on the shoulder and whispered a word of thanks. Prydewyld felt in that moment that this was where he was supposed to be. His moment over, Rexus retreated into the safety of the room.

    OOC:
    Pages casts his spell, Voltarus moves, and Rexus gives Voltarus his Touch of Destiny (+1 insight bonus to attack) and then moves into the room. I'll give Will and Bong another day and then post for them to end this round.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  4. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Jaem wanted to stay and fight, but he followed the Page's suggestion. Fighting devils wasn't what he'd planned on doing this morning, but this was a good place to make a stand. He dashed into the room, ready to praise open a crate.

    OOC: double move to the crates.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Jaem followed the others behind the bulwark created by Prydewyld and Aphra. Though the two had only known each other for a short while, they now stood shoulder to shoulder against the oncoming devils. Aphra dropped her sunrod and gripped her ancestral weapon tightly in both hands while the man next to her prayed. Though she hadn't given the gods too much thought, she found some comfort in his confidence. Then, the masses of flesh and limbs boiled forwards out of the water. The devils were upon them.

    Aphra had been ready and waiting. She had her sword held high and brought it down in a powerful chop as the creature moved forward. Though she could fell the mass of flesh resisting her, the blade still sunk deep. She saw a tumorous face inside the creature scream with rage and pain. It lashed out with clawed limbs that scrabbled viciously against her leather armor but somehow didn't find any purchase. Prydewyld likewise found himself faced with a creature, but he quickly ducked out of the way of a claw and prepared to counter attack.

    OOC:
    Aphra drops a sunrod and readies an attack.

    Creature #1 charges The Page:(6) + 4=10. Miss

    Creature #2 charges Aphra, activating her readied attack.
    Aphra attack:(14) +5=19. Hit. dmg:(10) +3= 13. Creature takes 8 damage.
    Creature #2 gets its attack:(11) +4=15. Miss

    You guys back up!

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  6. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    The Page sidestepped the strike and lashed out himself, focusing one the little demon that was already wounded by Aphra's prowess.

    ooc: attack 2
    Longsword+3 (1d8+3, 19-20x2) +3 bonuses

    1d20(18)+6=24; dmg 1d8(7)+5=12
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Prydewyld's trusted longsword bit deep into the creatures flesh. There was a holy flash of light as the power of Iomedae flowed through the sword and then devil fell the ground. The fat and blubber of the thing's flesh began to liquefy before their eyes. Rexus lightly touched Aphra's shoulder and a small bust of magic filled her with determination. She snarled at the other creature and sliced her graceful weapon, but the creatures resistant flesh turned the blow aside.

    OOC:
    The Page hits and kills #2! Rexus uses Touch of Destiny on Aphra, and Aphra attacks #1.

    Aphra Attack:(6) + 7=13. Miss.

    Jaem and Voltarus still up.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  8. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarua hoped the others didn't need Jaem as he came into the room with the boxes. Voltarus nodded to the tiefling though and picked up the first box. He knew he wouldn't be able to search through the box fast enough so he just upturned it and emptied the contents on the floor. He just hoped the three outside the door could hold those things off long enough.

    OOC: Dump contents of first box on the floor, Perception check 1d20(5)+1= 6
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Jaem slid the blade of his short sword under one corner and levered down, hard. He thrust a hand in, looking through the contents.

    OOC: Move action to open the crate, Move action? To make a Perception check: 1d20(14)+5=19.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Voltarus and Jaem opened their boxes up at the same time, both looking for something to help them. A jumble of objects fell out of Voltarus's crate all packed in with moldy straw: a fine looking dark green cloak, a shining mace, a bow, a small hand crossbow, and an exquisite set of leather armor that seemed to have resisted even a mote of dust despite how long it must have been down here. Jaem's crate on the other hand only had one item: a large iron coffer that looked securely locked. He could hear sheets of paper and other objects rolling around inside of it.

    While the others worked behind them the Page and Aphra continued to hold the opening against the devil. The disgusting creature lashed out with clawed hands that protruded from its masses of tumorous flesh. None found purchase however. The claws drew long scratches along the warrior-priests armor, but nothing more.

    OOC:
    Voltarus and Jaem find the above stuff.

    Devil #1 full round attacks Prydewyld.

    Attack 1:(8) + 2= 10. Miss.
    Attack 2:(9) + 2= 11. Miss.

    You guys back up!
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •