Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 333

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Jaem motioned silently to his companions, beckoning them inside hurriedly before slipping through the door. He crept inside, hugging the south wall. Jaem scanned the room, taking stock of their surroundings.

    OOC: Stealth check - 1d20(10)+17=27. Perception check - 1d20(7)+6=13. Move Action (assuming we’re breaking things up, with enemies on the map) - 1 sq. W, 3 sq. SW, 1 sq. W
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    The Page grunted his approval at Jaem's improved skill. Not needing to be asked twice, he moved in.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus watched as Jaem and the Page entered the complex. It got Voltarus thinking... Out of everyone I'm the most known. I'm a Sarini for hells sake, people know my family... People know me.. With that thought, he weaved a spell. His facial hair faded away, his hair grew long, his flat stomach suddenly put on a few pounds and he shrunk several inches. His overall appearance had changed. He just hoped it was good enough to fool people. With that done he gave the two a thumbs up and followed them in.

    OOC: Cast Disguise self... Gives him a +10 on disguise check and only if interacted with do people get a will save DC 15. Lasts 20 minutes

    Follow inside
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,717

    Default

    The three of them moved inside the building, Voltarus now looking drastically different. Jaem saw that a short corridor to his left ended in three doors. From a set of double doors at the very end of the corridor he was sure he could hear loud talking and other noises. As he crept forward Jaem could see shadows forming in the light under the far door as if someone was approaching. If he was right, there were mere seconds before the far door opened.

    OOC:
    Stealth: Page:(19) +1= 20; Voltarus:(16) + 3= 19

    I took a few GM liberties to push you guys a little more into the room. Based on Jaem's perception, you have about 1 round before the double doors at the south end of the corridor opens.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #265
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Jaem slipped both of the short thrusting blades from their sheaths, motioning to the others to make ready before flattening himself against the wall.

    OOC: Free and Swift Action - draw short swords. I’m hoping that I can use my previous Stealth check, and ready my standard action to make a sneak attack if the voices belong to guards or enemies.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    The Page drew his sword, "I will draw them to me." He whispered to the others. He then moved into position so that whomever was coming through the doors would see him and come at him.

    ooc: move to the nw as noted in the ooc thread.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,717

    Default

    The trio moved into position, all nervously awaiting the opening the door. The sounds from the other room grew louder and light flooded in as the door opened. The Page expected to hear the sudden shout of a guard but for a moment all he heard was the sound of idle talk coming from the other room. Though a guard had opened the door, the man was standing sideways and looking behind him. "Get in there! Stack em with the others, and be quick about it!"

    A clanking sound was heard and a man in rough woolen clothes and shackled feet was pushed forward. He had a massive sack of salt slung over one shoulder and a healing bruise on the side of his face. Despite his haggard state his close cut black hair and strong frame lent him an air of confidence. Though pretending to be in charge, the guard backed away slightly as the man passed. Dalvin Castellatus trudged forward, wondering how much more of this he would be forced to bear. Distracted in his thoughts, he made it halfway down the hallway before seeing a man in the corner, longsword drawn and at the ready.

    OOC:
    Alright guys! Every, meet Stultus Magus, our new player! His character Dalvin enters the room. The guards are for the moment unaware, but Dalvin you see the Page. Let's stay in rounds for the moment!


    d= Dalvin; 1=guard
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  8. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    This was not what the Page was expecting and momentarily he was unsure what to do. Finally, he decided to bring his finger up to the his mouth, indicating for the slave to be quiet. At the same time the page lowered his sword indicating that he was not a threat, at least not yet.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  9. #269
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Dalvin wearily plodded down the hall breathing deeply of the relatively cool air. A welcome, if short-lived, respite from the drying chamber where he had spent much of his time since last week’s disastrous protest at Aria Park. Savoring this brief time away from the sweltering heat of the furnaces, he was nearly halfway down the hall before seeing the armored warrior standing a mere stone’s throw away, longsword drawn and gleaming. Dalvin stood for a moment in confusion. Was this some new guard hired on by the foreman? He certainly didn’t look like the rest of the thugs on the payroll. Just as his sleep deprived brain was coming to the conclusion that this person probably wasn’t supposed to be here, the mysterious figure lowered his aggressive stance somewhat and motioned for Dalvin to be quiet.

    A broad smile broke across his bruised face as he continued on down the hallway toward a newly blossomed hope for escape. He didn’t know why this strange man was here, but it was obvious that he was no friend to his captors. The heavy load of salt combined with the shackles meant that movement was strenuous in the extreme. Despite this, he made his way as quickly as possible toward the storeroom so he could be relieved of his burden. He turned the corner and nearly dropped the heavy sack but managed to stop before careening into two more men standing right next to the wall. Dalvin looked between the strange looking portly man, the tiefling, and the man in the corner looking for someone to furnish him with some sort of explanation.

    "Who are you people?" Dalvin whispered to the tiefling he had almost collided with moments before.

    Not waiting for a reply, he continued around the duo and dropped his salt bag with a thud.

    (O.O.C.: double move 2 squares north then 1 sq NE, 1 sq E. free action drop bag. I assume I would probably see Jaem and (disguised)Voltarus at that point no perception required, If not I’ll edit things. Also, hello everyone!)
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Jaem's hard eyes found Dalvin's. "We're no friends to this place." He hissed. "We're going to liberate the place. Want to come along?" He held out one hand to the Page, and nodded in the slave's direction. He'd need a weapon, if he were coming along.

    OOC: Let's saddle up!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •