Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 332

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #311
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    The Page grunted, "You'll have all the time in the world, after we are our of here. Grab as much as you can." he gestured to both things of value and the papers. "We can use it all." He then took a moment to secure his spear to his backpack. "I see that you were the symbol of the Inheritor. Welcome brother." The paperwork could be used to hang about town, to show the people that the Asmodians didnt mind corruption as long as they got their cut. Finally, he looked for an oil map or torch, this place would burn.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #312
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    72

    Default

    “Very well.” Dalvin said, piling the armor back into the prisoner effects bag. It was significantly lighter now that he had removed his own backpack to wear. He took the other prisoners’ bags in hand to return them. Looking up, he saw the other servant of the Inheritor scanning the room, searching for something. The fire burning in his eyes gave Dalvin a sinking feeling that he could guess what it was his fellow sought.

    “If you’re looking for what I think you are, I would suggest perhaps reconsidering. I agree with you that this place should be destroyed but there are better ways to accomplish this. First of all, fire is tricky, it wants to spread, to grow, and will not be satisfied with just this building. If we set this building to burn only to turn and leave we risk the fire taking more than we intended. Much more.

    “Additionally, if this rebellion that your horned friend mentioned is to win over the people it seems prudent not to raze portions of the city in which they live. Besides, I can guess that there will eventually be plenty of propaganda to turn people against our cause. I think it’s a good idea if they at least cannot use the truth as ammunition. ‘City nearly burned down by Rebels sadistic plot’ plastered on posters has far less weight if we never burned any buildings down.”

    —OOC—
    I hope that wasn’t too meta-gamey, But I wanted to weigh in on the burninating plan. If it was too meta-gamey I can remove the part where I pipe up about the plan
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  3. #313
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Jaem stuffed the unidentified potions and tanglefoot bags into his pouches, and collected all of the coin. He held up the pendants.

    These may come in handy. He thought, stowing them away. He looked to the huddled prisoners, indicating the weapons and armor laying about. “Arm yourselves.” He advised them. “A day may come when the Thrunes must be dealt with by the citizens of this city.”

    He rounded the corner into Kossrani’s office. “Dalvin Castellatus. I’m Jaem Sczalerin, one of the leaders of the Silver Ravens. Pryd,” he turned his attention to the sullen warrior holding a torch. “Put that down. We have to clear out. They’ll change the Guard soon, and we should be well gone by then. Let’s move.”

    OOC: Jaem will grab everything portable. The armor and weapons are too heavy to carry out, and we’ll look super conspicuous. I agree that we shouldn’t burn down the Salt Works. Two votes for no. If we can get another Rebellion team out of this mission, we could take everyone back with us, otherwise, we should hoof it.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  4. #314
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Dalvin, standing near the desk, had been writing a short letter on a spare sheet of paper. He looked it over as he finished his note.

    Please know that we are not your enemy. If it was within my power I would have prevented your fellow’s death as I did yours, but I could not. I hope one day we will meet again under less dire circumstances. And that, should that day ever come, you will find it in your heart to forgive those who only wanted their freedom. Remember that, while making an honest living is not something to be ashamed of, please choose your employers carefully that you remain an honest man.

    Goodbye for now, and I wish you good health.


    Not entirely satisfied, but too pressed for time to make another attempt he laid the note near the unconscious guard and laid his blanket over the corpse he had tried in vain to heal. He then walked back to the former prisoners and passed the bags of belongings back to their owners. Considering their shared experience, he was probably the best person to try to persuade them to join this newfound cause. He spoke quickly, as he could tell the others were eager to depart.

    “Listen, none of us know these men particularly well. But it is my belief that they are the best hope this city has to shake free from the ever-tightening grip of House Thrune. They came here to free us, put themselves in danger to undo an injustice on our behalf. All without ever having met us. That alone is reason enough to at least give their cause a chance. More than that we all have the same goal: a return to decency in Kintargo. That’s why we were at that protest in the first place wasn’t it? Because we all felt that our city has been corrupted by Barzillai, by damnable Thrune reaching its greedy and self-serving fingers into our lives! Forvian! You know as well as I that the recent injustices visited on our city are only the beginning. All of us need to join in rebellion if we have any chance at reversing this and making Kintargo a place to be proud of once more. I would ask all of us to throw in our lot with our rescuers. I would ask that we join the Silver Ravens.”

    His speech finished, he stepped back toward Jaem and the others.

    —OOC—
    I should probably roll diplomacy shoudn’t I? (4)+8=12 Boooooooo! Ah well, so much for the speech.
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  5. #315
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    The Page looks at the torch and then the others. Without a word he replaces it on the sconce on the wall. "Hurry now, we must move." was all he said as he hefted the loot.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  6. #316
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,717

    Default

    The former prisoners were arming themselves and putting on the clothes of their former lifes as Dalvin spoke. They all nodded and smiled at him, and Forvian walked forward now decked out in sleek leather armor with a short sword on his hip. He threw his hand forward for Dalvin to shake. "No need for the hard sell," he said with a laugh. "We're with you, mate. Let's free Kintargo from these thrice-damned Thrunes." The other prisoners nodded as well and after a few moments everyone was ready to leave.

    The Page peaked his head outside the Salt Works and thankfully saw no one. The group made their way back towards the city, nervousness growing as they approached the Salt Gate. Luckily, this gate was fairly busy and passerby weren't normally stopped. The two Dottari barely gave them a second glance as the group made their way back into Kintargo. Jaem led the way across the city towards the Longroads Coffee House and their sanctuary. Despite their tension the trip was uneventful and they quickly filed in through the trap door into the Wasp's Nest. The large underground chamber was well lit. Tables with maps of Kintargo had been laid out and the massive beautiful and exotic statue of Calistra rose out of the sewer water.

    To their surprise, the Wasp's Nest was actually in a flurry of action. Aphra sat on a chair with her right leg resting on another chair while Rexus and Laria fussed over her. As the group and the prisoners filed in they all turned to look. "Ah, you're back then!" Laria said happily. "I assume it went well then. Forvian, is that you?" She said in surprise.

    "I shoulda guessed you'd be all wrapped up in this," Forvian said. "Well now I am too I suppose. We're ready to help."

    Aphra looked at them all sullenly. "I was late," she said. "Must have just missed you. And then the damned wall collapsed on me." She pointed to a pile of rubble near the entrance. "I think my leg is broken."

    OOC:
    Mission accomplished! The freed prisoners and Forvian join you. Any team you guys want to recruit at the next rebellion phase is an automatic success (the prisoners are that team- lead by Forvian).

    Feel free for a post or two and then we will move into a new Rebellion Phase. I went ahead and added Dalvin in as the "Partisan" since it was the only open spot. Let me know if you'd prefer to move it around.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #317
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Dalvin tried to properly take in his surroundings but his mind was foggy and slow. During the fight at the salt works adrenaline had kept him alert, kept him moving. Now that the danger had passed, he was forced to confront the aches and protestations his body had been accumulating. He was sure that there were many things this rebellion needed, but right now what Dalvin needed was sleep.

    He didn’t need to go far before finding a space for his bedroll between some crates. He tossed the bedroll to the ground and leaned against the wall for a moment smiling. His head ached, his legs were likely to give out on him, and his arms felt as if someone had replaced his muscles with mud, but he was free. As he settled down on the padded cloth, he barely laid his head against his pillow before the welcome embrace of sleep carried him away. The last thing he remembered was the soothing light of his goddess filling him with peace and drifting off to into dreams.

    —OOC—
    Lay on hands 1d6(1) and again 1d6(6) then go to sleep.
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  8. #318
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,538

    Default

    Jaem swept the enchanted cloak from his shoulders, one hand massaging his neck as he strolled into the common room. He uncorked the crystal vial and drank before draping the cloak across the back of a chair. He had maps to study, and plans to make. It would be hours yet before he found his bed.

    OOC: drink his refilling potion - 1d8(4)+1=5 hp back.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #319
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    The Page dumped the loot on the ground and would take care of it later. Approaching Aphra, "You don't look so cocky now. Next time be on time. And speaking of, what were you doing to make you late?" No one was above suspicion, or maybe he just liked giving the hot blooded warrior a hard time. He couldnt tell which bothered him.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  10. #320
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,717

    Default

    "I was drunk," Aphra said bitterly. "I went to the Thrashing Badger for a drink. Used to be a quiet place but now it's going out of control. I don't know what happened to me, I just couldn't stop myself." She looked down in anger and shame. "It would have been fine if the damned wall hadn't collapsed on me!" She looked to Laria. "How the Hell did that happen?"

    "I don't know," Laria replied. "This place is in fine shape. I didn't see anything wrong with the wall when I was down here before."

    At those words Jaem glanced at the pile or rubble. The break in the wall looks perfectly straight and even. More like tool use as opposed to the wear and tear of time.


    OOC:
    DM Secret Perception checks. Jaem thinks the wall looks like it might have been intentionally collapsed.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •