Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 391 to 397 of 397

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    The Page watched intently and wondered if the rat, or whatever it was, would be on to them. Then he noticed Treep, something didnt seem right. He looked at Dalvin and Jeam, Dalvin seemed to be concentrating on something. The Page stood resolutely while he let it play out.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,753

    Default

    Dalvin uttered a swift prayer to his lady and blinked his eyes. They now had a faint white glow from the divine gifts of the Inheritor. He surveyed the scene around him. The building and everyone he could see nearby looked perfectly normal except that dark tendrils of energy seemed to be drifting through the air. An evil creature had spent time here, he was sure. A lot of time for it to suffuse the place like this. He motioned the others to follow him as he tracked the evil presence of the creature back out into the larger bunk room. He hadn't quite narrowed it down when a high pitched laugh sounded throughout the building.

    "Hehehehe! Think you've found me, have you? Let me show you what you've found!" And to everyone's surprise a creature coalesced out of thin air nearby. It's skin was red and shimmered with an inner fire. It had a mostly female form except for bat like wings and a small stinger sprouting from it's back. But perhaps most disconcerting was it's face. A single horn grew lopsidedly from a face lit up with the joyous glee of a sadistic child. Her grin only grew wider as she raised what looked to be a long pipe to her lips and blew a tiny dart directly at Jaem. The needle sized dart stung, but didn't seem to do much else.

    "What the-?" Korva and Treep both said from behind them.

    OOC:
    Perception checks:
    Jaem:(17) +6=23
    The Page:(11) + 10= 21
    Dalvin:(5) -1=4

    Her stealth check was a gentlewoman's 35.... so no surprise round for you guys. Since she knew you were on to her, she does reveal herself, however!

    Blowdart attack on Jaem:(2) + 11= 13. Just barely hits flat footed AC.
    damage: 1 + (1) sneak attack= 2 plus poison. Fort Save:(18) + 2= 20. Easy success.

    Initiative:

    Good guys:(12)+ 3= 15. VS Bad girl:(4) + 9= 13. You guys up, barely. Feel free to add a knowledge (planes) roll to your next post if you have it.


    B=Enemy
    K=Korva; T= Treep
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  3. #393
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Dalvin felt a surge of confidence fill him as his quarry was finally revealed. He blinked again and the tendrils of darkness vanished as quickly as they had arrived. Drawing his blade with a practiced fluidity, he rushed forward toward the creature, whatever it was. He tried to remember something that could help identify the thing from his time reading books of planar lore, but found it hard to concentrate on such reminiscences. Battle was upon them, and he would not shy away from its call. A now familiar feeling of divine fury filled him as he brought the justice of the Inheritor to bear against their foe. He smiled as the sword came down. He knew the blade would find its target.

    --OOC--
    Free action: Kn.(Planes) (3)+5=8
    Swift action: Target Bad Girl with smite
    Move Action: 3 squares south and draw longsword
    Standard action: Get to Smiting! (20!)+8=28; Confirm (11)+8=19; Damage 1d8(8)+3 STR+2 pwr atk+4 first hit of smite against evil outsider=17 damage!
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    The Page charged as well drawing into striking distance of the devil, or whatever it was. He tried to think of what it might be while leading with his sword. But his thinking got the better of him and he was pretty sure his aim was off.

    ooc: planes 1d20(19)+6=25 (rather have saved that for attack)
    attack with sword: 1d20(10)+4=14
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,753

    Default

    Dalvin led the charge forward, bolstered by his faith in his goddess. His sword flared with holy light as it struck the evil creature. He drew a horrendous gash through the things stomach and blood and bile poured for the wound. The little creature's maniacal grin turned to a shriek of pain and rage as Dalvin nearly disembowled her. Though clearly pained, she was still standing.

    The Page followed just a step behind Dalvin. It only took one look at this creature for him to determine exactly what he was fighting: an Imp Devil. Devious and evil little creatures, imps were low on the ranking of the denizens of Hell, but still powerful on the material plane. She would likely have some resistance against weapons that weren't silver or holy and could probably heal herself over time. She would obviously unfazed by fire and have strong resistance to acid and cold as well. If he had to guess, he would expect her to have magical abilities like invisibility, some kind of low level mind control, and shape changing into animals. He realized how perfectly this matched everything that had happened to Treep.

    OOC:
    Dalvin crits my boss! Crit Card: Gory- Normal Damage and target is Sickened for (6) rounds. Jesus. Thank god it wasn't double damage or this fight would be over!

    The Page knowledge check succeeds by a lot. She's an imp, and you know most Impy things. She has DR 5/ good or silver, fast healing 2, flight, at will invisibility, and can cast Suggestion once per day.

    Just Jaem up!

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  6. #396
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Jaem shook the affected limb by reflex, attempting to dull the pain of the dart prick. He reached around and brought the recurves shortbow up. His long tail flicked, retrieving an arrow. He fitted it to the string and drew. “What is this thing?!” He growled at the others. Sighting down the shaft, he loosed his missile at the intruder.

    OOC: Move Action - Retrieve short bow. Standard action - fire at the imp 1d20(20)+6=26. Confirm 1d20(14)+6=20. Damage 1d6(1)+1=2.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,753

    Default

    Jaem's arrow flew unnervingly towards the small target. The imp barely seemed to notice the wound as another font of blood opened up along its leg and seeped into the ground. The wicked face snarled in rage as it snapped one set of taloned fingers and completely vanished from view. Dalvin and the The Page heard the leathery sound of wings spreading and felt the swish of air as the creature took off. Blood droplets splattered the floor wildly as the creature flew somewhere inside the room. Jaem watched the blood closely and figured the creature was somewhere near the pillar in the middle of the room.

    OOC:
    Seriously? Jaem hits and crits: Lodged in the Bone- double damage and 2 bleed. I'll be nice and roll a new D6 instead of doubling the 2:(6) +1= 9 total damage. Creature takes 4 total damage as well as the bleed on her turn.

    Imp's turn. DC 16 to cast defensively:(10) + 7= 17. Success. Imp turns invisible. I've marked her last location with an X on the map.

    Korva and Treep draw their weapons but stay back for now.

    Due to her bleed, I've given her a heavy negative to stealth and everyone can get a perception check to try to locate her square:
    Jaem:(18) +6=24
    The Page:(2) + 10= 12
    Dalvin:(14) -1=13

    Nobody succeeds, but Jaem is pretty sure that the creature is in one of the four squares around the middle pillar in the room. You guys back up!

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •