Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 274

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Alone on the street, Jaem risked one last look over his shoulder before slipping through the chained doors like smoke. His tail whipped around, and a second later, his hand closed around the worn grip of one of his blades. He stopped short of the mastiff baring its teeth at them to stand shoulder to shoulder with the short-spoken Pryde.

    OOC: Standard action - Escape Artist check 1d20(15)+8=23. Move action - to one Sq. S of Pryde. Swift action - draw short sword.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    The dogs continued the defense of the place they had made their home, currently heedless of their own peril. The emaciated but powerful mastiff continued its charge toward Prydewyld, egged on by the man's shrill whistle. With a final bark it jumped and launched itself towards the man, slobering mouth open to tear flesh with it's teeth. But the Page was ready. One quick thrust of his spear tore into the dogs flank, ripping through flesh and bone. He pinned the beast to the ground with a quick downward movement and it moved no more.

    The mutt, meanwhile, continued with another bite towards Voltarus. It had tasted flesh and blood and it snapped its jaws hungrily at the man's ankle, but to no avail. Voltarus was alert and ready this time and he quickly dodged out of the way of the hungry dog.

    OOC:
    Mastiff activates Prydewyld's ready/braced action. Attack:(17) + 3= 20. Hit. Damage:(6,5) + 3=14. Just enough to kill it! Elder, give yourself one hero point for excellent use of the Brace feature!

    Mutt attacks Voltarus:(3) + 3= 6. Miss

    You guys back up!

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . .
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . .
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| .. . . . .  . . |. . . .
    . . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . . . |. . . . . . . . .| . . . . 
    . . . . . .R. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . . .P. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . . .J. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . .
    . . . . .A. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . 
    . . . .|.V.2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . .
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. . |. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    1-2= smaller dogs; M=Mastiff
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  3. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Jaem circled the dog, keeping the point between himself and the animal. He lunged, driving the point of the blade at the hostile canine.

    OOC: Move action - 2 sq E, 2 sq S, 1 sq W. Shouldn't provoke. Standard to attack - 1d20(15)+6=21. Damage - 1d6(5)=5. Sneak attack 1d6(5)=5+5=10 damage total.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Jaem moved with speed and grace and then struck with precision at the lone remaining dog. His blade sank deep and gutted the creature. It yelped and fell to the ground, unmoving.

    All five of them stood in the now apparently empty building, breathing heavily into the silence. When nothing more came at them, Rexus quickly rushed towards Voltarus and drew a small potion bottle from his pack. "Here," he said, offering the potion, "Drink this. It will help."

    While Rexus offered the potion the rest of the group looked down the building. Dirty, smelly stables lined most of the building but they could see what looked like trashed office space and several medium sized rooms towards the back.

    OOC:
    Jaem hits and kills the mutt! We're out of combat. Post away!
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    "A pity." Is all the Page said as he removed his spear tip from the dogs and cleaned it on their fur.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Jaem put a finger to his lips and nimbly moved down to the other end of the room. He scanned the area, looking for anything that would endanger his newfound companions. The messy conditions and the poor lighting distracted him.

    OOC: Stealth check - 1d20(12)+11=23. Perception check - 1d20(4)+5=9. Probably not.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus took the vial with a shaking hand. He smiled at Rexus and gave him a nod as he downed the draft. The bleeding stopped immediately as Voltarus wiped his mouth with his sleeve. "Thank you Rexus." He said as he gathered his wits. "I don't think an empty place would have guard dogs right?" He asked just as Jaem told them to hush and quietly walked down the other end. He mouthed "Sorry" to the tiefling as he waited with the others for Jaem to give them all a sign things were okay.

    OOC: Take potion and drink it...assuming it's a healing potion. 1d8(5)+1= 6
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Jaem saw and heard nothing more in the building. To his right he noticed a closed metal grate leading towards a small room. To the back there were what appeared to be two small offices full of trashed desks and chairs. Dust covered everything except in small tracks where the dogs had ostensibly walked. All was silent for the moment.

    OOC:
    Voltarus heals, Jaem walks forward a bit, nothing else happens. What next?
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  9. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Jaem was unconcerned with the wrecked offices. They were ransacked, and by the look of the dust all over them, a long time ago. He instead turned his attention to the grate. He craned his neck every which direction, looking for the telltale signs of tampering, running his fingers lightly along the edges, trying to find the switch or wire that would trigger a gas pocket or fire a shot of acid or poison.

    OOC: Jaem inspects the grate for traps. 1d20(20)+6=26. Okay...I can't roll that when we're being mauled by dogs.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Jaem gave the metal grate a careful look over. Almost to his own surprise, he saw absolutely no sign of traps. The grate was rusted metal and nothing more. If he had to guess, it was likely a relic of when this building was a slaughterhouse and was used to trap animals into the killing room. It didn't look like it had been opened in many years.

    While investigating the door he saw into the small workroom on the other side. One part of the wall appeared to have collapsed, revealing another room beyond. The collapsed wall appeared to actually be a secret door that had fallen apart many years ago. He couldn't see far into that other room from this side of the grate.

    OOC:
    Jaem doesn't see any traps. You see a small room behind the grate and another smaller room off that one (they're both on the battle map)
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •