Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 162

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    There was no need to warn the others as it was clear they all heard it. The Page moved forward to allow the others through and readied his spear to receive whatever was in there.

    ooc: 5 foot step to the east; move: draw spear; standard: ready spear via brace
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Before they left, Voltarus raised an eyebrow at the mention of the bracers from Rexus. "Really?" He questioned more to himself. He slid the bracers onto his wrists and tugged on them till they were snug. "Very nice. Now lets go." He said as they all headed out to the Fair Fortune Livery.

    Once there he hoped no one was paying attention to the group checking out a chained and locked building. He watched as Prydewyld smoothly stepped through the gap held open by Jaem. "Guess I'll go next." He said until he heard the barking noise. "What. Was. That?" He asked as he took a step back from the door. This is what you signed up dummy. Voltarus thought to himself. Better get in there before they change their mind about keeping you around. He flashed a nervous smile to Jaem and Aphra as he deftly slipped into the doorway dodging all the chains stepping to the side of the doorway to allow someone else in. "I'm in!" I'm sure I'll regret those words soon. He thought as several possibilities of what made that noise flashed in his mind. He drew out his crossbow and looked at the Page. "Hope you're ready... for whatever's in here." He said flashing that same nervous smile.

    OOC: Will put the bracers on, ups AC +1... noted on character sheet

    Standard action Escape Artist DC 15 1d20(17)+3+2= 22 and stepping to the side to let someone else in

    Move action draw light crossbow
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Aphra caught Voltarus's trepidatious, nervous smile and returned his expression with a confidant nod that said "you - you next - I got your back." Voltarus made it through, and Aphra - being near last to attempt to navigate the entrance - made a quick look one way then the other way down the street in case someone weird nearby was now watching their discreet entrance. With Jaem still holding the chain and everyone else through, she ducked down to quickly slide inside.

    A tangle of her hair got stuck in the chain links. There was barking from somewhere inside. She got her hair free and links jingled. She cursed under her breath, trying to silence the noise. At least the others had gotten inside and Pyrdewild was moving to face whatever lie within, and he was between the barking and Voltarus. Aphra held her sword lower, face red in frustration as she looked at Jaem who'd seen her get tangled up.

    "I'll try again," she muttered to Jaem through gritted teeth, unknowing if the tiefling would wait for her.

    OOC
    Perception: in case someone weird is watching us enter the Livery. d20+6= 13.
    standard move in. Escape Artist d20 + 4 + 2(Jaem) - 1(ACP) = 7, fail!
    move Stealth to "quiet" any noise made by her failure d20+5= 16.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 04-06-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    The Page stood at the ready with his spear while the others began filing in behind him. Voltarus slipped through into the dusty room, alert to the sounds of danger.

    Aphra scanned the street behind her and saw it completely empty. She tried to make her way through the door but quickly got caught. To her suprise, she felt a hand touch her shoulder. "You can do this," Rexus said, encouragingly. She looked back to see him smiling and unsheathing a small, thin sword from inside his cane. He looked nervous but determined.

    OOC:
    Page and Voltarus are inside, Aphra's escape artist attempt fails and she does not make it inside.

    Rexus uses Touch of Destiny to giver her a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round. He draws his sword cane as a move action.

    Just waiting to see if Jaem will wait or go in himself!

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . .
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . .
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| .. . . . .  . . |. . . .
    . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . . . |. . . . . . . . .| . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . .J. . .P. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . .R. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . .
    . . .P. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . 
    . . . . |.A. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . .
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. . |. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,407

    Default

    Jaem hauled back on the door, straining the chain until there was no slack. "Go on. I'm right behind you." He said to the swordswoman.

    OOC: I'll wait. Everybody's got to get inside as stealthily as possible.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    While those outside prepared to come in Voltarus and the Page saw the source of the noise. From inside the stables burst two angry, rangy mutts and one much larger starved looking mastiff. The violent dogs rushed forward to defend their home. The closest smaller dog ran straight for the Page, launching itself to try to rip out his throat. The warrior of Iomedae was ready though and with a quick jab he skewered the dog on the end of his spear. It fell to the ground, dead.

    Another of the smaller dogs ran at Voltarus, sinking his teeth into the young nobleman's ankle. Voltarus looked down, shocked to see the angry creature latched onto him. The mastiff followed close behind, it's booming bark echoed throughout the near empty building.

    OOC:
    Two smaller dogs and one Mastiff burst out from the stables. One charges Page, one charges Voltarus, and the Mastiff double moves to get closer.

    Dog #1 activates Page's braced ready action. Page attacks:(10) + 3= 13. Hit, double damage. Damage:(7,8) + 3= 18. Dog #1 is so dead.

    Dog #2 charges Voltarus. Bite attack:(13) +5= 18. Hit. Damage:(4) + 1= 5 damage. -2 to AC for one round.

    Mastiff double moves.

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . .
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . .
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| .. . . . .  . . |. . . .
    . . . . |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . . . |. . . . . . . . .| . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . .J. . .P. . . . .M. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . .R. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . .
    . . .A. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . 
    . . . . |.V.2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . .
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . |. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. . |. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    1-2= smaller dogs; M=Mastiff
    Last edited by jake; 04-06-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    "Go on. I'm right behind you."

    Aphra grit her teeth and swallowed her anger, forcing enough calm upon herself to take her time in getting through the tangle of chain. If there'd been time, she might have thanked Jaem and Rexus. But there wasn't. Voltarus couldn't defend himself from a dog. Nobles.

    Voltarus suddenly heard the footfalls of Aphra rushing to his side, and saw the long curved blade jut into his vision as she extended it between he and the dog's bloody frothing jowls.

    "Defend yourself, I'll do the killing," she told Voltarus vapidly as if in a daze, and with an involuntary shakiness in her voice as she spoke the word killing.

    I'm a murderer now, there's no turning back now. And it was a dog - an innocent - likely trained to kill. It wasn't the dog's fault, and it didn't deserve to die. Despite the fact she would've felt far better about chopping the head off someone who did, she had to protect Voltarus. His words and guidance meant too much to her, despite barely knowing each other.

    "Get back," she added with more mettle in her tone.

    "Me and you, dog," she challenged, leveling her sword and growling at it - trying get its attention on her and off of Voltarus.

    OOC
    standard Escape Artist d20(13) + 4(dex) + 2(aid) + 1(insight) - 1(ACP)= 19 W00t!
    move to be standing 1 sq. N of Voltarus.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Aphra deftly made her way into the building and stopped right next to the mangy mutt. Blood and slober dribbled from it's jowls and it looked vicious as it barked and growled back at her.

    Rexus meanwhile nodded his thanks to Jaem and, partially to his own surprise, also made his way into the room. He moved quickly out of the way so that Jaem could also enter. Jaem stood outside, now the only one left.

    OOC:
    Aphra succeeds and moves into the building.

    Rexus Escape Artist:(13) +3= 16. Succeeds, thanks to Jaem! He enters and moves two squares North.

    Jaem, Voltarus, and Pryd left!
    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . .
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| . . . . . . . . |. . . .
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . . . . .| .. . . . .  . . |. . . .
    . . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |. . . . . |. . . . . . . . .| . . . . 
    . . . . . .R. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . .J. . .P. . . . .M. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . .
    . . . . .A. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . 
    . . . .|.V.2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . .
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . .|. . . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .| . .|. . |. .| . .| . .| . . . . . . . . . . . .| . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . .|. . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    A= Aphra; V=Voltarus; J=Jaem; P=Page; R=Rexus
    1-2= smaller dogs; M=Mastiff
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    The Page shook what was left of the dog off the end of his spear and reset it for the mastiff coming his way. He spared a glance at the other, smaller dog was glad to see that he was receiving help beyond the noble. Turning back to the main threat, he let out a shrill whistle hoping to maintain the dog's focus on him.

    ooc: reset brace position
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Voltarus had never really been hurt. Sure he would get into fights with his siblings but that usually resulted in a bloody nose or black eye, this... this was different. The wound in his leg was bleeding bad and hurt like hell, was this how his journey would end by the jaws of a guard dog? His hands were shaking from the adrenalin flowing through his body. He looked at Aphra as shock settled started to settle in. I'm going to die. Was the only thought going through his mind. He had to fight though, somehow try and stay alive. He decided to put up a guard, as he prepared to fend off the mutt.

    OOC: Voltarus will go into total defense for a +4 dodge bonus to AC

    AC is now 18
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •