Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 296

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #281
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Dalvin sidestepped his as yet unnamed benefactor and closed the distance to the guard. The past week had subjected all of the protesters to incredibly arduous (and potentially deadly) conditions all because they had the audacity to speak out against certain Chelaxian laws and then had the misfortune to be taken prisoner. Dalvin thought back on that week as he hefted the spear. He thought of the long, grueling hours he had spent shifting salt in nearly unbearable heat. He felt again a pang of indignity at being punished for trying to create a positive change in his hometown. And he thought of the other prisoners that were forced to endure these same circumstances. If this bloody conflict could deliver his and their freedom then he would contribute to that spilt blood to guarantee its success. Burning with hope and righteous fury, Dalvin put everything he had into the point of the spear as he drove it forward toward the guard.


    --OOC--
    Move action: 1 sq NW past the Page, 1 sq SW next to guard
    Standard action: Power attack guard, 1d20(18)+3 = 21 | Possible dmg= 1d8(4)+6[2 from STR|1 from two handing|3 from power attack]=10 edited because I thought spears used a d6 for some reason. They do not.
    Last edited by Stultus Magus; 11-01-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    The tiefling and the prisoner worked in tandem, one short sword slashing low while the spear came in from above. The guard never stood a chance. He fell heavily to the floor and lay still. The group looked towards the doors, where the sounds of chairs could be heard. "Is he giving you some trouble?" they heard shouted from the other room.

    OOC:
    Jaem's second attack and Dalvin's hit, doing enough damage to kill the guard. Stultus, I make your last square a move to the West instead of the Southwest, since you need to be 10' away to attack with the spear. Let me know if you'd prefer to be somewhere else!

    Elder and Spas still have actions if you'd like this round.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  3. #283
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Not caring that they downed the man, the Page quickly grabbed his legs and drug him out of the corridor.

    OOC: Move the body so hopefully the next guard will come looking.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    "What's going on over there!" they head a booming deep voice shout. "Come one, let's go see what that idiot has gotten himself into." The group waited with baited breath as they first heard the scooting of chairs and then the sound of heavy metal shod boots clanking towards them.

    "That's blood," they heard the same deep voice say quietly. "Weapons out boys. We are gonna have ourselves some fun." There was a scratching sound of weapons being drawn and then the footsteps continued forward, now slow and deliberate. The guards rounded the corner and the group came face to face with a mean looking sallow skinned dwarf, armored from head to toe in steel grey armor emblazoned with gold pentagrams of Asmodeus. His beard was a pale red and intricately tied with golden clasps. One arm had a massive shield slung across it while the other carried a heavy, wicked looking mace. Though his face seemed prone to a kind of malign stoicism, his eyes widened in surprise at the amount of people as he rounded the corner.

    "Wha-" was all he had time to say.

    OOC:
    DC 10 perceptions for the guards to notice blood stains on the ground. Kossrani:(8) +3=11. Due to their success, there isn't a surprise round, just normal initiative when they round the corner.

    Initiative! Heroes:(17) + 3= 20. Bad guys:(13) +1= 14. You guys win again. You're up!


    J=Jaem; D=Dalvin; P=Page; V=Volatarus
    K=Kossrani;1-3= Guards
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #285
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    55

    Default

    As Kossrani and the three guards came around the corner, Dalvin found himself within arm's reach of the devilish dwarf. Crying out with the frustration of a man unjustly caged, the paladin addressed his jailor.
    "Face now your just reward, Asmodean!"
    As he spoke he felt a sense of confidence and protection; for the first time since his arrest he felt secure. The spear, now stained with blood, thrust down hard at the red-bearded dwarf. However, the sudden and overwhelming sense of relief threw off his aim. Lost in that feeling of safety, his spear point lacked the accuracy and power it might have otherwise caried.

    --OOC--
    Swift action: Set Kossrani as target of smite (+CHA mod[4] to attack rolls, +Paladin level[2] to damage, +[4] deflection bonus against attacks made by target)
    Standard action: Smite Power Attack Kossrani 1d20(6)+7=13 | Possible damage (Seems super unlikely unless that armor he's wearing is made of papier mache) 1d8(2)+8=10
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    The Page was out of position and was not prepared for that many guards at once. Instead of moving forward, he dipped into a short prayer to the Inheritor, asking for divine fear to fill one of their attackers.

    ooc: cast cause fear on 1, DC is 15
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    The Page saw the man's face freeze in fear and knew his God was with him. There was a flash of light as Dalvin's spear clanged against the dwarf's shield and the dwarf roared in rage and defiance.

    OOC:
    Dalvin misses. #1 Will Save:(10) -1= 9. Fail. Frightened for 1d4 (4) rounds.

    Still Jaem and Voltarus up!

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  8. #288
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,508

    Default

    Jaem tensed, shifting his weight to the balls of his feet when the Dwarf and his entourage appeared from the back half of the salt works. He waited for an opening with a blade in each hand, scanning the Dwarf for an opportunity. He got it with Dalvin’s thrust. The Dwarf’s shield dipped, and Jaem launched himself at the Dwarf, blades leading.

    OOC: Full Attack vs. Kossrani - 1d20(20)+3=23. Confirm 1d20(8)+3=11. Probably not. Damage 1d6(2)+1=3. Sneak attack Damage 1d6(2). 5 damage total. Second attack 1d20(9)+3=12. Probably not.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 11-12-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #289
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    One of Jaem's shortswords slipped through the dwarf's armor and drew a line of blood across of his shoulder. The dwarf roared again, seeming to relish the violence. Voltarus whispered words of magic, once again trying to befuddle the mind and give the party time to dispatch their foes. Jaem saw the magic take a hold of the anger dwarf as his face went momentarily slack. Kossrani just stood there, frozen in a defensive position but not yet attacking.

    The guard that had felt the judgment of Iomedae turned and ran, heedless of his fellows. The other two guards moved forward, still more afraid of Kossrani than the party. They formed a line and both struck out with their short swords. In a normal prison break situation they would have used the flat of their blades, but as their compatriot lay on the floor bleeding they both knew it was life or death. One missed completely but the other's sword drew a long cut on Dalvin's arm and pushed the butt of his spear into his head. Dalvin stood there, momentarily confused.

    OOC:
    One of Jaem's attacks hits for 5 points of damage. Voltarus casts Daze on Kossrani. Will Save:(2) +5= 7. Fail. Kossrani takes no actions on his turn.

    #1 Withdraws out of the room due to Frightened, back towards the front door.

    #2 five foot steps next to Kossrani and attacks Dalvin:(2) +3= 5. Miss.

    #3 moves 20' ending to north of #2 and also attacks Dalvin:(20) + 3= 23. Possible Crit. Confirm:(14) +3= 17. That's a crit!
    Crit card: Spun Around: Normal damage and Dalvin is Flat-Footed for 1 round. Damage:(1) +2=3

    Heroes back up!


    J=Jaem; D=Dalvin; P=Page; V=Volatarus
    K=Kossrani;1-3= Guards
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #290
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Pain shot along his body as the guard's sword opened a bloody gash along Dalvin's arm and bit into his spear. Though the wound itself was not deep, there was enough force behind it that it had sent the shaft upwards to bounce off of his skull. Blinking past the throbbing pain coming from his forehead and the open wound on his arm, Dalvin continued his assault on Kossrani. This time he took a deep breath to steady himself as he once again drove the spear forward.

    --OOC--
    Standard action: Attack Kossrani again. 1d20(18)+7=25 | Possible damage 1d8(3)+8=11
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •