Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 296

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    The Page hurriedly retreats behind the corner of the wall with the others. When Jaem suggests giving a stranger a weapons, he shrugs his shoulders. He whispers, "What is your choice? I have a sword, spear, or mace."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  2. #272
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Dalvin nodded his head in approval. "If you intend to free my fellow captives, then I will do my utmost to ensure your success. I can tell you what awaits in each room as well. But we must be quick, it won't be long before the guards notice that I haven't returned. On the other side of this wall is where the other prisoners are being held, the ones not currently working at any rate. Past that is the furnace room, and the double doors at the end of the hall lead to the main office area and drying chamber."

    He turned his head to the man offering a choice of weapons and quickly whispered, "A spear would be most welcome. I don't relish the thought of fighting in my current state but if we must come to blows to effect an escape then so be it. I'm not sure where they are holding my own equipment, but I would ask that we try to find it before we eventually leave.

    "The only one I'm glad to fight is Kossrani, he is a truly evil man and is the one ultimately responsible for these reprehensible conditions we have endured. The rest of the guards don't seem particularly malevolent, just callously indifferent. If they were not being paid I suspect they would not even be here, not that that matters anymore now."

    (OOC I, the player, am actually pretty excited to hit things. Dalvin, not that excited)
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Fishing out his spear, "How many guards? Are all awake? Would they be easily cowed if the Kossrani is dealt with? Is he here?" The Page new they were up against the hour glass but felt these details were important. If they were to fight, it might be best to lure one of the guards in this room anyway. He figured one or two would come looking for the wayward slave.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  4. #274
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    55

    Default

    "There are three guards in the large room and four more sleeping in a separate building. Kossrani is at his desk in the same main office as the three guards."

    Dalvin paused for a moment, thinking on everything he knew of the people who had been paid to make sure that he and the other captured protesters remained imprisoned and working. "As for whether the guards could be convinced to lay down their arms once we deal with the dwarf, I don't know. Certainly it seems likely considering that they just play dice most of the time and have never really shown much devotion to either Kossrani himself or this place as a whole. I can offer no guarantees, but I think we would be well served to try."
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Sallix Salt Works- Surprise Round

    "Oy, what's taking so long back there!" they all heard the guard shout. He stomped over and turned the corner into the storeroom. His mouth dropped into a perfect confused "O" as he came face to face with the well armed and armored group. For a split second, both sides looked at the other.

    OOC:
    Guard #1 Perception check to hear you guys talking: fails. Guard #1 walks over and sees you guys. You guys get a surprise round and then we'll do initiative! Remember a surprise round is 1 standard or move, you can charge if you have a clear line of sight, etc.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  6. #276
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Dalvin Castellatus would not be one cower behind the strength of others while he could still fight. Offering a prayer to his goddess under his breath, he prepared himself for the conflict to come.
    "Inheritor of Justice, I call upon you in this time of need.”
    He felt his calloused hands close, vise-like, against the wooden haft of his newly acquired weapon.
    “Let your inspiring radiance shine into the hearts of my foes.”
    Though he doubted that he would be a great help in whatever rescue attempt these new companions were planning, they were the only reason that he and the other imprisoned protesters now were on the precipice of freedom.
    “But should their hearts prove unbending then let my arm be your justice, and let your justice be swift." His prayer finished, he took a deep breath to steady himself, undaunted despite his rags and chains.

    (OOC:standard action= total defense, +4 dodge bonus to AC. Also I suppose a free action to say a prayer)
    Last edited by Stultus Magus; 10-24-2017 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Grammar
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    The Page held out his sword. "No need for you to die this night. Throw down your weapon and live. If you call out, you will die before help comes. Is your life worth that of the prisoners?"
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,508

    Default

    Jaem twisted at the hips, thrusting hard at the thug with the narrow tip of one of his shortswords.

    OOC: Standard to Attack 1d20(5)+5=10 vs. flat footed AC. Possible Damage 1d6(5)+1d6 sneak attack (6)=11+1=12 Damage total, if it hits.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Jaem's sword slid across sturdy leather armor as he stabbed forward. The man looked down in shock, bewildered not only by the assembled people but also that one had tried to stab him. From behind him Jaem heard Voltarus whisper some strange words. He couldn't hear them, but something about them was oily and soothing. The guard reacted strangely to them, his face going blank and unfocused as he stared at the lot of them.

    OOC:
    Jaem's attack misses. I'm going to act for Voltarus since it's been about a week. Voltarus casts Daze.

    Guard will save:(9) -1=8. Fails. Guard will take no actions when his turn next comes up. Time for initiative!

    Heroes:(8) + 3= 11; Guards:(2) + 0= 2. You guys back up! The guard is still dazed and flat footed.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #280
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,508

    Default

    Jaem deduced that the nobleman’s magic had something to do with the thug’s behavior, and didn’t waste time. He bent at the knees and sprang, launching a pair of thrusts at the befuddled stooge.

    OOC: Full Attack - 1d20(9)+3=12. Possible Damage 2d6(2,2) 4+1=5. 1d20(12)+3=15. Possible Damage 2d6(2,2) 4+1=5.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •