Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 274

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Jaem considered both options before weighing in. "I say we hit the Salt Works. The Red Scarves are terrible, and they'll be dealt with. If we are going to make ourselves known it has to be for the greatest benefit. Freeing all of those prisoners might mean more willing to take up the cause, but at the very least, we need support. What say you?"
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Both ideas had merit, and both needed to be taken care of. "We are too small to split up. When a choice like this comes in the future, perhaps we will have the numbers to try two at once. But for now, I am agreeable to killing the Asmodean priest."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    As they all decided what to do, Voltarus watched and listened. Sure he had charm and wits, but planning a revolution wasn't his forte... at least not for a spoiled rich kid which is probably what these folks saw him as. He would prove them wrong eventually. He threw in most of his money but kept some, one never knew when they would find themselves alone with no backing. "Here, I want to contribute also." He threw in the silver, copper and most of the gold, though he kept quite a bit more than everyone else did. During the days when he could he talked with the Fushi sisters to try and learn their language, surprisingly he picked it fairly fast.

    On the day the sisters went out and came back with the information they found, Voltarus agreed with the others. The salt mine sounded best as he didn't want tussle with the red bandanas quite yet. They needed to become more of a team before they took on a solid unit.

    OOC: Voltarus will donate the 4 silver, 1 copper and 700 gold.

    He also will vote for going to the Salt Mine
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    Laria and Rexus both voiced their support for taking on the Salt Works first. "We'll bloody their nose!" the little halfling said excitedly.

    "Yes, just be careful my friends. These mercenaries are probably not well trained, but I imagine the one in charge is dangerous. The smaller and less noticeable we can be the better. I would recommend only the four of you go." Rexus sipped his wine as he spoke, looking nervous but also excited.

    He continued, "There is also the matter of the curfew. If you leave now, it will likely be past curfew when you try to return." He looked deeper into the Wasp's Nest where the water from the sewers flowed. "I believe the sewers may get you there, but our Tengu friend here mentioned that the creatures of the sewers have been disturbed recently. That could be just as dangerous. What do you all think"

    OOC:
    Just one more decision, guys! It's about 8:00 PM now. Curfew starts at 9:00 PM and goes till 6:00 AM. When would you like to leave for the Salt Works? If you go now you can get there just fine, but will be past curfew on your way back.

    Curfew works by having everyone make a stealth check. Not hitting a certain number gives you a high chance of running into either the dottari or the militia with the red bandannas. Note that fighting in public can make a hefty increase in notoriety for the Rebellion, but you may be able to deal with the guards in other ways if you're smart/lucky.

    The sewers can get you there without dealing with curfew, but you get the sense they may be dangerous as well.

    And finally, you can wait till sometime tomorrow to go. First thing in the morning, evening, etc. Let me know!
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #255
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    "We'll leave at first light, then." Said Jaem.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    "It wont come soon enough." The Page then excused himself to prepare his gear and himself.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    The group all took the night to prepare for the coming mission. Time moved slowly as each one of them prepared their weapons or discussed what they would face with the other members of the rebellion. The Wasp's Nest was slowly starting to fill in with the newly recruited freedom fighters coming and going. It was starting to feel real.

    As 5:00 AM finally rolled around Jaem, Prydewyld, and Voltarus assembled in the main room. Aphra was nowhere to be found. One of the Fushi sisters mentioned seeing her leave about an hour ago with out saying anything. The group waited anxiously for her to return, but as morning came on they knew they couldn't wait any longer. Rexus and Laria agreed to look for her while the others checked out the Salt Works.

    The group creeped out of the Wasp's Nest and into the sleepy city. People were starting to wake and shops were just beginning to open as they crossed the market bridge, paying Thrune's annoying toll, and made their way for the Salt Gate. Dottari watched them as they left the city confines and followed the road to the Salt Works. They stopped a few hundred feet away and observed the building.

    The Sallix Salt Works was a squat rectangular stone building nestled against a large stone dome. Three chimneys rose from the door and smoke was already pouring up into the morning sky. It seemed the prisoners were likely already hard at work painstakingly drying the salt brought in from the nearby marshes.

    The trio took a few minutes to watch the building but saw little activity from the outside. About every twenty minutes two bored, sleepy looking guards made a lap around the building. There seemed to be a few more people hanging out in the room just behind the front door. There was a covered patio to the side that seemed to have another entrance to the building, but it seemed like most of the inhabitants were currently inside.

    OOC:
    Alright, you guys are outside the building! You can see the front door and the patio door, and you know two guards pass by about every twenty minutes. That's about it. Whatcha wanna do?
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  8. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Jaem watched the Guard rotation with interest. "If we wait for the guards to make a pass, we'll have a long time to work. We can make our way in, and I can pick the lock. If we shut the door behind us, the guards will be none the wiser."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    The Page's mind had been more on Aphra than the mission. His concerned stemmed from her sudden disappearance. He prayed to the Inheritor that she had not turned yellow, or worse.

    "If we wait for the guards to make a pass, we'll have a long time to work. We can make our way in, and I can pick the lock. If we shut the door behind us, the guards will be none the wiser."
    The Page quietly listened to the bravado, the last time he tried to pick a lock, it didnt work. But "Sounds like a plan." was all he said. Hopefully past performance was not an indicator of future success.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,671

    Default

    The trio waited for the pair of guards to turn a corner and then made their way to the patio as stealthily as they could. Jaem and the Page moved forward silently, but the young nobleman was unaccustomed to hiding his presence and quickly made more noise than was smart. Luckily, the two guards seemed to be deep in discussion and also the noise of large forge somewhere nearby masked their approach.

    As they entered the covered patio area they saw there were actually two doors: one leading into the main building and another leading off to a much smaller outbuilding building. The patio itself was mostly empty except for a few bags of salt. Jaem immediately took out his tools and went to work on the door to the main building. He focused on the task at hand, knowing they had several more minutes before the guards passed through here again. With a satisfying click the door opened. Jaem opened the door as quietly as possible and peered inside. The first thing he noticed was that it was empty, although voices could certainly be heard coming from somewhere deeper inside. The room appeared to be a ware house or storage area. Bags of what he assumed were salt were piled high along the walls. He imagined salt was stored here before being loaded onto the carts from the covered patio. There were no doors that he could see, but a hallway did seem to continue around the corner. Jaem was sure he could hear faint voices from the direction, but they sounded like quiet enough that he expected a door was between them.

    OOC:
    Stealth checks: Jaem:(9) +17= 27; Page:(17) + 1= 18; Voltarus:(4) +3=7. Guard Perceptions: Secret. But they don't stop their route.

    Jaem takes 10 on Disable Device and beats the DC 15 lock. Jaem perception:(16) + 6= 22. You hear several voices coming from around the corner, but it does sound like there is a door between you and them

    Okay, the map. Please forgive my crappy coloring, but I wanted you guys to get a sense for the building size without actually seeing the inside which your characters can't see yet. Consider everything in black like a fog of war that will be revealed once you guys have line of sight on it.

    Also, the 1 and 2 on the bottom corner of the map are where you last saw the guards, not necessarily where they are right now.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •