Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

The Page was about to ask the bird people to tell them what they knew of this area, if they had explored it thoroughly when the tiefling asked for a tour. The Page gave an approving grunt.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

All three sisters breathed a sigh of relief at Jaem's words. Korva visibly relaxed, her tense body unclenching all at once. "Thank you," she said. "You won't regret it."

The sisters all assured the heroes that with the crocodile and their "sister" dead there were no more dangers down here. They led the group to the back room where they had been sleeping. The room was a mix of halfling and human sized furniture with two private bathrooms. In the light of their torches it looked surprisingly comfortable, though all could see how oppressive and lonely it must have been in the dark for days with no end in sight. One table had a set of Harrow cards and bone dice, apparently how the sisters had been passing away the time.

Back into the main room the only thing they had yet to explore was the room that Chough had been exiled to. They passed through the caved in wall into a large room filled crates and boxes, some apparently smashed open by the violent creature. A pile of rags was heaped in one corner and Jaem found a small stash of objects inside. He counted three copper bracelets, a few gold pieces, and a silver locket with a small bit of shell stuffed inside. The Fushi sisters all looked sad, but insisted that the group keep them. Though they had pretended for two years, Chough had never been actually been family and they didn't want to keep any reminders around.

They entered back into the main room and, with more light and less immediate threats to his life, the Page recognized the towering statue as belong to Calistra, the elven goddess of lust and revenge. The statue depicted a tall, confident, and immoderately dressed beautiful elven woman. The smile carved into her beautiful stone face seemed almost unnaturally alive and inviting, but also darkly playful.

The Fushi sisters collected Nan's possessions and pulled the body out of the water. Jaem noticed that the boot on his foot seemed to be of exceptionally fine make and that it was even repelling water. He noticed with the grimace that there was only one boot however, the other probably eaten by the crocodile. Voltarus flicked through a notebook detailing what the sisters had said while Aphra counted out gold coins, the man's holy symbol of Abadar, and searched through a large crate of Varisian silk.

OOC:
    The Page DC10 Religion check:(13) +5= 18. Success. Recognizes the statue as Calistra and understands why this place is called the Wasp's Nest (the Wasp being Calistra's symbol).

Loot:
    three copper bracelets worth 15 gp each and a silver locket bearing the Elven rune for “mother” worth 100 gp
    Crate of Varisian Silk- 400 gp
    72 gp from Nan's Satchel
    alabaster holy symbol of Abadar worth 150 gp
    One quality boot?

Let me know when you're ready to move on! I basically had you guys search everything except the water, not sure if you guys wanted to wade into that or not.

Full map of the Wasp's Nest below:

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

After checking the surrounding area, the Page looks at the on booted man. Drawing his sword, he plunges it the belly of the crocodile, careful not to penetrate the stomach, at least not yet. After a moment or two, he fishes out the boot covered in gore. He cleans it off in the water and tosses it next to the other. "We need to clean this place up. It wont do for the stench to draw other animals in here." Then, gesturing to the crocodile. "That can be butchered. Tastes like chicken... mixed with fish."

He then returns to the statue. "I favor a different goddess but Calistria is appropriate. I think the Inheritor would approve. Where Iomedae shoes patience and understanding, Calistria shows impulsiveness and judgement. We could do worse than that. And she is easy on the eyes." He added the last with a bit of a smile, dropping his guard for a moment.

ooc: let me know if you want a role for finding the boot. Thanks for the hint.
    Last edited by elder; 09-19-2017 at 03:39 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

The Page's instincts served him well as he handled the dirty deed of cutting open the beast. As he suspected, he found the boot lodged in the things stomach. Once he wiped some of the blood away he saw that it looked wholly unharmed. Voltarus stepped up and summoned his magic sight, sure that these were no ordinary boots. He sensed that there was magic in them, specifically that they served the wearer well in a bold, acrobatic fighting style that dodged attacks.

Sure that no more mysteries remained for them, the group went upstairs to report the situation to Laria and Rexus. The normally jubilant halfling was sad to hear of her friends death, but she hid it quickly. She could grieve later, for now there were three hungry Tengu downstairs and much to discuss. She went to the kitchens and had her cooks prepare a feast and then had the group carry down crates of torches and other things to make the basement livable. After no time at all they were all seated comfortable in the brightly lit Wasp's Nest. They sat at a long table piled high with food and drinks of all kinds. The Fushi sisters seemed happier than they had ever been and ate voraciously. Everyone spoke about the coming challenges.

Once almost everyone had finished (the youngest Fushi sister was still stuffing pies into her mouth, oblivious to the sudden silence), Rexus stood up. "My friends," he said, "I cannot believe it was anything but Providence that brought us together today. I will never be able to thank you enough for your help, but I think we all know there is more to be done. The four of you are what this city needs in its most dire moment. Will you answer the call? The Silver Ravens protected this city once, I ask that you follow in their footsteps and see if they can rise again. What do you say? Will you lead us to victory against Thrune and those who oppress us? I vow my life to your service and to the protection of Kintargo."

Laria seemed to chuckle and Rexus's flair for the dramatic, but she smiled and nodded all the same. "Aye, and me as well. It'll be slow going, and dangerous, but I think with all of your help we just might make a difference here."

OOC:
    Page finds the other boot! Voltarus casts detect magic and rolls spellcraft:(11) +8= 19. Success! Voltarus identifies them as Daredevil Boots!

Everyone hits level 2! Please level up whenever you have a chance.

Also, I'd like at least one post from everyone voting for what direction the rebellion takes. Please vote for focusing on Loyalty, Security, or Secrecy for the Silver Ravens. Security is focusing more on protecting the streets with guerrilla fights, secrecy is more waging a shadowy war against Thrune, and loyalty is a war of words to win the hearts and minds of other Kintargoans. Choosing this doesn't eliminate any options for how you act, it just sets a tone for the Silver Ravens going forward!

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"If my time in the Thrunes' army taught me anything, it's that flowery speeches don't win wars." Jaem put his cup down, and pushed his chair back from the table. "We'll need willing people, including you two. I've been studying the Silver Ravens for years. I'm ready to give all that I have."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

"Indeed, the only thing they understand is steel in their guts. We need an army and we are just the beginning."