Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 246

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    All three Tengu looked terrified before the armored warrior and his bloody longsword. The one standing on the left put her short sword away and motioned for the other two the do the same. Korva looked reluctant, but stowed her knife as well. The two on either side held up their hands while Korva simply kept them limply at her sides, defeated.

    "Well," she said. "What are your questions?"

    OOC:
    Intimidate check successful. They treat you as friendly for 1d6(2) x 10= 20 minutes
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  2. #232
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,364

    Default

    Voltarus spoke up, there was no need for more blood shed. "Lets all just be calm. We don't want a fight either. It's just... one of you attacked us senselessly and everyone is a little on edge. C'mon Prydewyld, lower your sword too. We're all just talking... right?" He said looking towards the other tengu. His hands were open to show he had no weapon too. "We were sent here, we were told it was safe... something I'm doubting now..." He said under his breath. "... but we are all down here now... lets see what we can do to help one another. First thing first... how did you all come to get down here and was your friend sick? Is this something we should be worried about? Perhaps we should move away from the dock here and into friendlier territory." The thought of something infectious down here worried the noble as he put he sleeve to his nose and mouth. He still had a sinking feeling they had been betrayed somehow.

    OOC: Diplomacy check 1d20(12)+10= 22
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  3. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    The Page cleaned his blade on the corpse and then sheathed it. "There, now we can talk. What are you doing down here? We were sent down to search for someone."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  4. #234
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    The trio looked slightly less anxious as Voltarus spoke and Prydewyld stowed his sword. "We're nobody," Korva said. "And she," Korva nodded her head at the dead body, "Was our sister. Well, kind of." She sighed as she thought about the whole sad tale. "We found her egg in Riddleport, where we lived. We cared for it and accepted her into our family....until she hatched and we realized she wasn't even a Tengu like us. I don't know what she was but she was violent and had a horrible temper. We had already taken her in so there was no going back, but she killed people in Riddleport. People important enough that we were in trouble."

    She looked around the room and settled on the partially eaten body floating in the water. "That's where Nan came in. He said he could smuggle us out of Riddleport to Westcrown where we could be safe. We hid in those boxes for days until we got here and Nan said the city was in lockdown by Thrune and he wouldn't be able to take us any farther. That's when Chough, our sister, just lost it. She killed him," Korva was holding back tears at this point and talking much faster. "We tried to stop her but she was just so fast and so violent, it was over in seconds. And then that horrible lizard crawled out of the water and took the body away." Now she actually did start crying in quick little sobs. Her sisters each placed a hand on her shoulders but didn't speak. "I exiled Chough to those rooms back there while we tried to figure out what to do. We've been down here in the dark, cold and hungry, for days. Nan was the only person we knew in this whole city and now he's gone. Apparently Thrune is cracking down on the city and gods only know what would happen to us if we were caught."

    One of Korva's sisters looked at the group with fear and sadness in her eyes. "We didn't mean for any of this to happen," she said. "Please believe us."

    OOC:
    I'll save the results of the diplomacy till the end of the conversation. If anyone would like to aid another, they are welcome to.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #235
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Ignoring the request to believe them the Page asked his own question, "How did you get in here? Did the crates you were in come from above or another way?"
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  6. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    "By boat," Korva said. "The water back there leads out to the sewers, which eventually lead to the harbor. I think he brought our crates in that way. Nan said it's dangerous now though. Thrune stirred up a lot of creatures when they took over the city, I guess." She shuddered. "Like that horrible crocodile."
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #237
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,364

    Default

    Voltarus looked at the Page. He knew the man was gruff but he was a bit insensitive. "Thank you for telling us, you didn't have to... and yes I believe you didn't mean for this to happen. Like you said, just a bad egg." He gave them a smile to try and reassure them. "Since we're all here perhaps we could join forces, maybe you could help us while we help you." He knew they didn't know these tengu and perhaps they were still spies but he had to put faith in something after all that had happened today. "I'm Voltarus... pleasure to meet all of you." He held out his hand in hopes at least one of them would shake it.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  8. #238
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    Jaem slipped the arrow away, and lowered the recurved bow. He raised one empty hand. "We have a common enemy in the Thrunes, and we want them gone. This place was given to us for this purpose, but it was a home for you first. Share it with us?"

    OOC: Diplomacy check to aid another - 1d20(4)+8=12.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #239
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    "You're fighting the Thrune?" Korva said hopefully. She looked to her sisters, who both nodded. She reached out and shook Voltarus's offered hand. "We can help. Just let us stay here and we'll do whatever you need."

    "Thank you, we don't have anywhere else to go," the sister on Korva's left said.

    "Do you have any food?" The other one asked.

    OOC:
    DC 23 diplomacy check passes. The Fushi sisters are now friendly and are a free bonus team for the Rebellion. They can take the Earn Gold and Gather Information actions. I'll go over all that stuff soon, but it's in the back of the players guide if you want to familiarize yourself with it.

    Let me know if you guys want to talk to the Fushi sisters, search the rest of the Wasp's Nest, go back upstairs, etc.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,465

    Default

    Jaem put his weapons away. He took the potion bottle, from his pouch, and drank its contents. The gift from their mysterious benefactor, the Rose of Kintargo, was coming in handy. "Thank you, friends. With allies like the Fushi Sisters, we're certain to prevail." He looked around. "You're welcome to stay here, and share all that we have. I can arrange a feast for you, if you'll just show me around. Once we've taken stock of our supplies and surroundings, we'll get you outfitted, and go to work."

    OOC: Jaem will drink the refilling potion. Cute Light Wounds - 1d8(3)+1=4 hp. That should put me at full. I'd like to spend 1 gp and 5 sp to provide a Good meal for each of the Fushi sisters, and we'll figure out what we need to do to equip them with basic gear. Whatever isn't in the hideout can come out of my platinum piece. Let me know how much.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •