Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

Rexus walked over to one of the creatures and looked down, shrugging. "Perhaps a fey creature of some kind? I'm really not sure. Disgusting, whatever they are," he added.

He looked to the metal grate that Jaem had managed to open. "Shall we?"

OOC:
    Did someone want to wear the cloak? Let me know when you're ready to move on and give me a marching order, please!

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Voltarus held the cloak in his hands. "Would anyone like this?" He asked. "It is magical I promise... properties to enhance your mental fortitude as well as you physical." When no one spoke up he threw it around his shoulders. "I will keep it safe... if anyone changes their mind, you may have it. Let us continue our investigation." He said with a sweep of his hand.

OOC: Voltarus will put on the cloak
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Voltarus felt a tingle as the magic settled in. He knew it wasn't flashy magic, and he would possibly never even know when it had saved him from something disasterous, but he felt better knowing it was there. Perhaps he would be better able to hold his stomach now.

The others lined up behind Jaem and continued onwards into the dark. Though they still heard the occasional mournful music, the feeling of haunting had actually lessened. There were no more cold flashes, or bleeding walls, or anything else as they descended down the stairs.

Jaem led them a short distance, alert for traps the entire way, until the hallway opened into a large circular room. The middle of the room held a large, fetid looking pool of water. Blood red writing covered every spare inch of wall space and rusty chains hung from the ceiling. Most in the room recognized the writing as Infernal, but only Voltarus could tell that it was actually an extremely complex attempt to open a portal to Hell right here in the cistern. He doubted it had ever had the power required to work, however. If it had, it had probably only been open for a few moments before running out of power and becoming useless. The portal was now lifeless and magicless, he was sure.

But the room, it seemed, was not. Two things splashed in the disgusting looking water. Voltarus and the Page recognized them as one of the lowest and most pitiable creatures in all Hell, a Lemure Devil. The things were rolling masses of flesh with random limbs and a horrible head sprouting from the fatty body. They were no more than playthings to torment and messengers in Hell, often tortured by "real" devils. But here in the real world they were still dangerous.

OOC:
    Voltarus Knowledge (planes) on the writing:(8) + 9= 17. Success. Recognizes attempts to open a portal to Hell.
    Voltarus Knowledge (planes) on the creatures:(2) + 9= 11. Just barely a success. You recognize these as Lemure Devils and know they have DR/ Good or Silver.
    The Page Knowledge (planes) on the creatures:(14) + 5= 19. You know what Spas knows and also that they are immune to fire and poison and resist acid and cold.

Initiative!
    Heroes:(10) + 4= 14.
    Devils:(2) + 0=2.

Heroes up first!

Okay, so about this map. I got lazy and didn't wanna make two giant circles in the normal way. I'm sorry that it's terrible, but I feel like it might get the job done. Everything inside the blue circle is disgusting water that looks to be about 3' deep and is difficult terrain. The little brown lines are the door you just came in and there is another one at the other side of the room. Let me know if this is terrible.

Characters:

Jaem was off and running. He knew that he couldn't face whatever these things were head-on, and that the water would slow him down. He'd have to pick his moment carefully. He squeezed the grips of both of his swords, waiting for an opening.

OOC: Move action 5 squares. E, 1 squares. NE. Move action to draw shortsword. Swift action to draw second shortsword with prehensile tail.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

"Quickly now. Let's not waste blood over these if we have to." The Page dashed after the Tiefling.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Voltarus pulled out his crossbow even though he knew it wouldn't do much good unless he got a lucky shot, still it made him feel better to have it in his hands. He nodded to the Page in agreement and followed on their heels. Last thing they needed was senseless blood shed... although he feared the lesser devils weren't going to be so cooperative.

OOC: Move action to draw out crossbow, move action to follow Jaem and the Page
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

The group moved as a unit, Aphra and Rexus following behind the others. All had weapons drawn as the two hideous masses of rolling flesh moved ever closer through the few feet of disgusting sewer water. Luckily the creatures appeared to be fairly slow, and so the group had a few more moments before they closed in.

OOC:
    Gonna act for Bong and say Aphra follows you guys and draws her sword. Rexus follows as well.

The devils double move on their turn.

You guys back up!

Everything inside the blue circle is disgusting water that looks to be about 3' deep and is difficult terrain. The little brown lines are the door you just came in and there is another one at the other side of the room. Let me know if this is terrible

Characters:

Not wasting any time, the Page takes off at a sprint. He wasnt about to get drawn into a fight with these demons, at least not yet. As he ran, he realized the tactical mistake they had made. If half the group had gone the other way, they could have caught the beasts in a pincer attack.

ooc: run, 100 feet. If I counted right, that should put be 4 diagonal squares to the door.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

"C'mon!" Voltarus said as he watched one of their fighters run for the door across from them. He took off in a sprint after the Page hoping the rest were going to follow.

OOC: Following the Page with a 100' run. His would be 30x4 for 120' which I think puts him right at the door, passing the Page

The group hurried across the wide dark room while the horrible fleshy things flopped towards them through the water. The devils moved slowly, giving the group time to reach the opening on the other side. The decaying doors hung open in disrepair allowing all of them to see that the entryway led into what had to be final room in this place. The plaster on the walls was falling apart into heaps and the refuse was thrown about the room. The only thing of interest was a line of wooden crates stacked against the far wall.

"There's no way out!" Rexus said in a panic as he craned his head into the room. He turned and looked at the oncoming mounds of limbs and flesh rolled towards them.

OOC:
    Using my GM powers to act for Will and Bong to keep us moving. Everyone moves to the doorway and sees another room.

The Devils double move. You guys back up! Let's keep the game rolling.

Characters: