Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 291 to 299 of 299

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #291
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    Dalvin could feel the holy might of his god drive the spear down, pushing aside the dwarf's heavy shield and plunging through his shoulder. White light flared for a moment as the dwarf was judged and clearly found wanting. He screamed in rage. "I'll kill ya!" he shouted, shaking out of Voltarus's magical haze. "I'll kill ya all and sacrifice yer hearts to Asmodeus!"

    OOC:
    Dalvin hits for a whopping 11 points of damage! Still everyone else up!

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  2. #292
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    Jaem’s mind was working overtime. No new guards had shown up to support the Dwarven priest. Unless they were highly trained and disciplined, which he doubted, they now had a numbers advantage. The Thrice Damned House of Thrune was vicious, and Jaem had listened and learned on campaign. He slashed the thug on his right low with both blades. Pressing their advantage was vital.

    OOC: Full round action to Full Attack #2 - 1d29(10)+3=13. Possible Damage 1d6(6)+1=7. 1d20(13)+3=16. Possible Damage 1d6(1)+1=2.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    Jaem's swords whirled in tandem, piercing the man in his side and drawing a long gash on his calf. The guard screamed in pain and almost collapsed right there but he somehow managed to stay up. "Hold yer ground, or I'll kill ye myself!" Kossrani shouted to the wounded guard. The man paled, either from fear, loss of blood, or both.

    OOC:
    Jaem #2 hits twice for 9 damage! Elder up, and then I'll post for Voltarus if need be.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  4. #294
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    The Page moved up to face the next foe. He measured the man and as soon as he saw a weakness, he thrust forward with his attack. The moment came when the man was dealing with the injuries dealt to him by Jaem.

    ooc: move north of Dalvin and attack the already injured #2
    1d20(15)+4=19; 1d8(4)+4=8
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    The Page's sword took the man in the belly and he fell to the ground howling in agony. Voltarus, still disguised, summoned powerful fear magic, filling the mind of one of the guards with visions of his own death. The guard paled and ran back towards the door, trying to get away from the group as quickly as possible. Kossrani growled a threat but kept his attention focused on Dalvin.

    The powerful dwarf swung his mace, confident that with the shackles hobbling him and the recent blow the head the man was an open target. Kossrani leered as the heavy mace flew through the air straight for Dalvin's kneecap. Inexplicably, the very air seemed to solidify around Dalvin and the mace was turned aside. Dalvin smiled, feeling once again that the blessing of Iomedae was with him.

    The group could hear the front doors pushed open and two more guards entered the room. "What the hell is going on?" one of them called out. "We just saw Jarl and Mareck running for their lives..."They both stared dumbfounded at the scene before them as they entered the hallway. Kossrani stood alone, going toe to toe with a prisoner and three random people. At least two guards already lay dead or dying on the floor."Don't just stand there, kill'em!" Kossrani shouts.

    OOC:
    The Page hits and kills #2, Voltarus casts cause fear on #3. Will save:(13) -1= 12. Fail. #3 is frightened for (4) rounds and withdraws back towards the front door.

    Kossrani attacks Dalvin:(4) +6= 10. Would be a hit, except for Dalvin's bonus AC from Smite Evil! Kossrani 5' steps SW.

    Guards 4 and 5 run from outside into the room.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  6. #296
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A rock
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Dalvin walked slowly toward the retreating dwarf, filled with righteous determination. Kossrani was a greedy man who had time and again proven his true character throughout the previous week. There could be no leniency for one such as that. However, he had never intended to kill the rest of the guards when he had spent long hours in the sweltering heat of the salt plant dreaming of escape. Perhaps it was naive of him to think that men who had sat in silence while law abiding citizens were put to work could still be reasoned with, but Dalvin nonetheless believed that the guards were not so far past redemption as to warrant a death sentence. Such thoughts would need to wait until at least after the dwarf had been dealt with and so he refocused upon the task at hand.

    As he reached his quarry he felt the light of his goddess fill him anew. Drawing upon her holy might, Dalvin lashed out again at the person upon whom he had placed all of his resentment and anger.

    --OOC--
    Move action: Move 1 sq W, then 1 sq SW.
    Standard action: Attack Kossrani 1d20(11)+7=18 (I'm guessing it'll be close. chainmail+heavy shield=18 AC) | Possible Damage 1d8(2)+8=10
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    Jaem took a moment to catch his breath, and read his team. Everyone was still standing. He saw the bound Dalvin striding toward the Dwarf with purpose, and reacted. The Tiefling threw himself at Kossrani, his blades flashing, aiming to distract him from the big man’s spear thrust.

    OOC: Move Action - 5ft. step W. Standard Action - Aid Another for a +2 to Dalvin’s attack 1d20(19)+5=24.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    Jaem and Dalvin moved into positions around Kossrani. The trained tiefling swung his blades out and made the slower dwarf move his shields to block. That was all the opportunity Dalvin needed to plunge his spear through the dwarf's armor. The angry man roared in rage and pain as the wound bled fiercely onto the floor. Kossrani swayed on his feet, but somehow he was still up.

    OOC:
    Dalvin and Jaem move to their current positions on the map. I'm allowing Jaem's aid another to be done slightly retroactively since you are all on one initiative. With the +2, Dalvin's attack hits! (AC=19, in case you were wondering!) Kossrani takes 10 points of damage. Not quite out, but not looking good at all.

    Elder up, and then I'll post for Spas if needed.

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  9. #299
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    The Page quickly found himself cut off from the enemy. There was only so much room to fight in a crowded hallway, at least without exposing himself to the enemy. He prepared himself by calling down a divine judgement to serve justice.

    ooc: activating justice judgement. +1 sacred bonus to attacks
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •