Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 327

Thread: Hell's Rebels Part One: In Hell's Bright Shadow

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,535

    Default

    Jaem held up one hand, indicating to the others that no one should rush into darkness, or move the lantern light and give away their position to anything lurking within. He nocked an arrow to the bow that they'd found earlier. It was short, the length of his torso, with a deep recurve. It was the kind of powerful weapon favored by Cheliaxian cavalry. He pulled to a half-draw, putting slight pressure on the bowstring, and disappeared into the passage. His Elf cloak melted into the darkness around him, until it seemed that he was just a vague clot in the stifling darkness. He moved to the corridor's end, and peered past the two sharp corners that marked the widening room beyond.

    OOC: Double move to the end of the first hallway. Stealth check: 1d20(10)+16=26. Perception: 1d20(6)+5=11.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,714

    Default

    Jaem padded silently ahead of the group, soft leather boots making barely a sound on the stone floor. He saw the room widen up ahead. To his right there was a large reservoir of calm, dark water. A wooden pier extended twenty feet out into the water and twenty feet beyond that was a large statue of a beautiful elven woman. Jaem sniffed and inhaled a fetid, rotting smell just as he noticed a body that appeared to be wedged under the pier. It wasn't a pretty sight; the body seemed to have been partially eaten and was now rotting in the water.

    To his left Jaem saw several large holes where the walls had been broken down, apparently giving access to other chambers behind. He could make out the shapes of crates and various supplies in one of the rooms, but the other was beyond his sight.

    OOC:
    DC 10 Perception check: Pass. Jaem sees a half eaten body floating under the pier. The pier/water/statue are to the east, the room with the supplies is to the west, and there is another room you can't see in to the south.

    Edit: With the map, just remember that you aren't able to see the entirety of those rooms to the West. Jaem saw into them a little bit, but not the parts to the north.


    A=Aphra, V= Voltarus, P= Page, J=Jaem
    B=Body
    Last edited by jake; 07-31-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  3. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,535

    Default

    Jaem doubled back, to report what he'd seen to the others. In hushed tones, he reported to the others, and waited to hear their thoughts on their next move.

    OOC: Could we get a map? I get a little lost in the description.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    The Page silently listened to the Tieflings reports. "Nasty business. We should have just wanted to see what comes up at night to get the meals left by the trap door. But a little too late for that now. I say let's press forward and check out the corpse."

    ooc: If no one objects, he will do that with sword drawn.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus took a deep breath. What had he gotten himself into, he wasn't prepared for devils and monsters he was prepared to deal with the Thrune's and their brood. He took out his crossbow and loaded it so he had something he could use just in case. "Don't you think her friend would be around here? Unless that's her friend." He said with a gulp and a nod towards the body. This cellar was definitely not what he expected.

    OOC: move action to draw crossbow, move action to load. If we aren't in rounds Voltarus will follow the Page but stay 10' behind him.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,714

    Default

    The Page led the way into the room, Aphra behind him holding the lantern to illuminate the darkness. Even their lantern light felt small in the large open space around them. They approached the inky black water, its still surface reflecting the light back at them. The body was floating in the water, stuck against the side of the pier. The Page approached for a better look, sword drawn and at the ready. He could see that there was only about half a body still remaining. Chunks of flesh had been ripped off by something big and the body now appeared to be rotting in the water.

    Prydewyld leaned in for a closer look at the body, wondering what had made such carnage and whether this was the man they were looking for. Just as he did the water exploded in front of him as a creature jumped out at him. The water sprayed in his face and blinded him as huge jaws tried to snap around his leg, barely missing him. He jerked back as he saw a massive, albino lizard with leathery skin roaring at him in fury. The thing looked old and was covered in scars but that didn't make it look any less dangerous. Jaem had grown up with stories of such creatures that lived in the sewers and occasionally crawled out to eat some unfortunate sleeping out on the streets. This one looked bigger and meaner than even he had heard tales of, however.

    OOC:
    Perception checks!
    Page:(8) + 9= 17
    Jaem:(14) + 5=19
    Voltarus:(19) + 1=20
    Aphra:(10) + 6=16

    DM makes secret stealth check: yikes. Creature get's a surprise round.

    Creature attacks the Page:(9) + 5= 14. Still a miss even vs flat footed AC.

    Initiative!
    Creature:(2) + 1= 13
    Heroes:(12) + 4= 16. You guys up!

    The water is only a few feet deep and counts as difficult terrain.


    A=Aphra, V= Voltarus, P= Page, J=Jaem
    B=Body, C= Crocodile
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Seeing no need to fight the monster on its own terms, the Page carefully withdrew from the dock-like area. If the creature followed, then they would be on equal footing. If not, they would give the water a wide berth.

    ooc: back up unto the land, moving diagonal south past Voltarus, will end one south and one west of Voltarus.
    Last edited by elder; 08-10-2017 at 05:22 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,535

    Default

    Jaem was up on the balls off his feet moving, even as the strange reptile he'd always thought a myth broke the surface of the still water. He yanked back on the bowstring, drawing the fletching of the loaded arrow to his cheek before sighting and releasing. The sharp twang of the bow filled his ears.

    OOC: Move - 2 sq. SW. Standard - Fire at the crocodile. 1d20(16)+5=21. Probable damage: 1d6(5)+1=6.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Voltarus stared wide eyed at the crocodile, what a monstrosity. It looked as if it could gobble all them up in one bite and he didn't want to be anywhere near it. He took Jaem's route and moved away. His back slammed against stone yet Voltarus knew he could still help. He lifted his crossbow and fired at the reptile. He just hoped everyone else would back away, if so perhaps the crocodile just wanted it's meal in peace even if it was the person they were looking for.

    OOC: Move 3 squares W

    Standard to fire at crocodile 1d20(9)+3=12 prolly a miss
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,714

    Default

    Jaem's bolt lodged in the massive crocodile as the group fell back away from it. Rather than discouraging the beast the wound seemed to enrage it. Voltarus also loosed a bolt but it splashed harmlessly into the water. The group fell back away from the water's edge but the enormous lizard was close behind. It lashed at the Page as he quickly backpedaled away but its teeth missed his leg yet again. Aphra took a defensive stance in front of her charge and waited for the creature. As it rushed forward she slashed with her Elven weapon, using the beasts own momentum to drive the blade deeper.

    The thing roared in fury again and launched itself against the Page. Teeth scraped against metal as it once again failed to penetrate the holy man's armor.

    OOC:
    Jaem's attack hits for 6 damage, Voltarus misses.

    The crocodile gets an AoO against the Page:(6) + 5= 11. Miss.

    Aphra moves 15' West and ready's an action to attack the crocodile.

    Crocodile moves 15' West, activating Aphra's attack:(10) + 5= 15. Hit! Damage:(3) + 3= 6.

    Crocodile attacks the Page:(11) + 5= 16. Miss.

    You guys back up!

    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •