Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Determining Moon Magic bonuses without that <censored> chart

New update
    There was a detail missing about the hours since nuitari and the others are shifted by 12 hours. It makes initialisation quite more complex since the initial offset has to be set as a fraction of day so as a decimal number. Add to this that it is up to the user to decide if it is nuitari or the others that are 12 hours late or ahead and to decide how to round it...

A side effect is that conjonctions change if you switch from 23:59 to 00:00 or from 00:00 to 00:01 or from 11:59 to 12:00 or from 12:00 to 12:01 depending how you setup. A DM using a physical chart could just rule that it is in the thickness of the line and make conjonctions minutes longer. But while it is easier to initialise, the physical chart is harder to use.

In the end, the daily use is not more complicated, just the initialisation.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    The unofficial DLCS errata has a long and fairly complex description about how to fix the moon tracking chart.

Is there any chance that a fan could make a replacement chart that could be put into the next version of the unofficial errata? That would allow people to print out the new chart and use that instead.
    The sheet seems consistant with most of what is written p74 and p93 of the DLCS, with the unofficial errata and with the moontracker (which cannot be reinitialised and doesn't use the same calendar).
    But unlike the description p93 and the chart p94

• the new / full moon and quarters last 24h (and not a second more) while gibbous and crescent last longer (up to 8 days, for solitari)
    • the high sanction and low sanction are said to last about 1/4 of the time each, while it ranges from 3/8 (for nuitari) to 17/36 (for solitari) of the time for both my chart and the moontracker.

If some people could check the results are correct, I could submit the sheet to the utilities section.

I also made it a little prettier:
    Krynn_moons.png
    Krynn_moons.zip
    Last edited by HurinTheCursed; 04-06-2017 at 10:16 PM.