Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Rebels Planning Thread

Okay, after Jakeís last post, I didnít realize that weíd have to actively recruit the new team. Since itís guaranteed, letís recruit some Outlaws, Recruit Supporters, and Upgrade the Freedom Fighters so we can do more with them.

What do do you guys think?
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

That sounds good to me!
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

Perfect. Let me know which you'd like to have the +2 bonus and I'll move us along today hopefully.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

I would suggest the bonus action be used to for the recruit supporters action. Upgrade team doesnít have a roll associated with it and recruit team is automatically successful this week because of the people we rescued.
    --Terry Pratchett

Makes sense. Seconded.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Let's do it.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

I agree with Elder that investigating those three sites (The Silver Star, Victocora Estate, & Red Rose Tavern) is a good idea. But I also think we should plan out what order we intend to hit them. Our starting point ( I think it's V3 on the playerís guide map) seems to be closest to the estate (G8) so that seems like a natural first stop to make. Iím not sure where the Red Rose is, but the Silver Star is across the river (J6). Iím not sure how long itíll take to go to all of those places and, depending on what we encounter along the way, we may even have to rest at some point and come back later. It also seems possible that we might just not get to explore all the locations before something else demands our attention.

I therefore suggest we go to Rexusí Familyís house first, the connection to the archivists seems like we might find some useful clues even if the building did burn down. Besides, Rexus is a buddy and wants us to help him recover anything about his family so I feel like we should help. After that I think the Red Rose sounds like a good option, a red rose on bloody cobblestones is Milaniís symbol and so the Red Rose tavern could have been associated with her. However, we should also consider how far away from the other places the tavern ends up being though. (Again, Iím not sure where it is in the city) The Silver Star used to house a cult of Sarenrae according to the playerís guide. Not sure whatís left there but it seems potentially similar to the Red Rose. Milani would be more directly associated with what weíre trying to accomplish though so thatís why I suggested going there second after Rexusí former estate.

If anyone has any different ideas Iím all ears.

Oh, and one other thing before we head out, are there any light shields around in our hideout I could swap my heavy one for? I just remembered that I probably canít lay on hands while using a heavy shield. (really, I think that the two main shield categories should have been named after their style of grip rather than their weight, but oh well.)
    --Terry Pratchett

There's more than enough time to say you guys have sold/bought whatever you like in the past few days. I'll go through the loot from the salt works and let you guys keep/sell what you want.

Characters:

Loot:
    Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (2), tanglefoot bags (2), mwk chainmail, heavy steel shield, composite longbow (+2 Str) with 20 arrows, mwk heavy mace, light mace (3), manacles (3), bronze Thrune pendant worth 30 gp (3), 107 gp and 423 sp

Let me know what you want to sell or keep! I had the prisoners wear and keep the armor but I figured you guys were able to carry the rest.

Characters:

At first glance I think that the potions, the tanglefoot bags (we could maybe rig some traps with them), possibly the Thrune pendants (to aid in potential disguises), and the manacles all seem like useful things to keep around. I think the rest of the stuff is probably fine to sell unless we want to keep it for outfitting more rebel people later. Those are just my thoughts though, if someone else has an opinion on the matter I'd like to hear it.
    --Terry Pratchett