Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell's Rebels Planning Thread

I picked up the Tiefling race, too. Do you want to know each other from the military days?
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Sure sounds good... could be good rp'ing if they know each other or maybe siblings? Could be good.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Default Jaem Sczalerin

Here's the bio that I came up with. Can you work with that?

Jaem's mother was a victim of the appetites of the Court of Coin, the loose alliance of Kintargo's noble houses. Her torture at the hands of a summoned devil was a mere evening's entertainment. Her torture as a result of her cursed issue was the rest of her natural life. Jeliss Sczalerin, ejected from her home gave birth in a hostel, and then fled to the only place that would be safe for her son: The Devil's Nursery, a slum in the Red Roof District, peopled overwhelmingly by Tiefling castoffs. Jaem did his best to stay far from notice, and take care of them both, but the day came for him, as it did for so many of his like. A dottari patrol sweeping through the Devil's Nursery captured him off of the street, conscripting him into Cheliaxian service as a member of the Infernal Auxillary. This was an official title for a proud regiment of Tieflings who were typically used to scout and skirmish on the march, to carry water and serve in the camp, and die in the vanguard in battle. Jaem survived, and rose through the Tiefling ranks to become a junior officer of sorts. He served eight years, and was released early for valor, carrying pocket money, his weapons, and armor with him. He returned to the Devil's Nursery, serving as a hired bravo for coin, and stealing when work was light.

Jaem had long outlived his mother, staying in the same one-room shack in the Devil's Nursery they had fled to long ago. Disenfranchised by the ruling class his entire life, he longed for a way to strike back at the humans who'd mistreated him. A movement called the Silver Ravens that sprang up in a swamp of dissent against the government, and it seemed just the purpose and direction for the frustrated and skilled Tiefling. Jaem was on a mission for the rebellion when the Silver Ravens were brutally put down by the Hellknights. He went to ground, a signet ring in the burned out wreckage of a safe house is the only piece of his former life that he has left. Every day since, he's scanned the crowd for a familiar face from his past...

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Just remember to change the part about the Silver Ravens. They haven't existed for a long time and have been largely removed from memory.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

I was t sure of the timeline of the rebellion itself. I guess he would have just heard it whispered about by the oppressed, a local legend to help their flagging spirits. I figure he would've gotten drunk off of the stories and just became obsessed with learning more about them then. That sounds feasible.

So to add some flavor, I was thinking of going without a name. Instead, use a title. I am not quite sure but I was thinking of "Inheritor's Page" or something like that for now. As he grows in power/prestige, then he would receive a missive changing his title to something like "Inheritor's Inquisitor" or "Inheritor's Fear" or something equally daft. What do you think?
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

I think an inquisitor would be awesome... but be careful playing lawful in this campaign. It's a lawful city so views could be the same yet skewed a bit... I would play a drunk inquisitor of Cayden Caliean, that sounds like fun lol.A
    I was thinking LN. I have a job to do and it doesnt really matter how it gets done.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

The only issue I see with the name thing is you might need to use a name in the outside world. Figure out what youd like to do with that and I'm cool with it!

Something I wanted to run past you guys: are you all fans of XP? The adventure path lists when to level everyone up, so part of me wants to just do away with XP so every one levels together and you guys can get bonuses and reward in other ways. Whatcha think?

Characters:

In our adventure path table top games we started doing that. It was one less number to crunch and yes everyone leveled at the same time. I like it but I know people like to look at XP too. I'm in favor of level when you tell but I can do XP too
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Thanks, Spas! Anyone else?

Characters: