Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell's Rebels Planning Thread

Default Hell's Rebels Planning Thread

Hello, friends! No rush, but I thought a planning thread might help for character creation. To anyone reading along, this game is currently full since I'm trying to keep the game small and manageable for now.

I'll post my character creation rules soon. Till then feel free to discuss ideas, roles, etc. Thanks for the enthusiasm guys!

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Hello, my name is Will, and I'll be your Rogue, and future leader of the Rebellion. It's not a role I play often, so I hope I'll do okay at it. I intend to two-weapon fight, and I might go crit-fishing later on down the line when I can hit more reliably. In the meantime, I hope that I can disable all the traps, and if not, I hope it kills me instead of you.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

One request, that we use the critical hit deck. Reading SB's journal makes me want to try.

Also, after discussion with Jake, I will be using an inquisitor. Should fit in nicely with the theme. This is my first shot at an inquisitor so I am open to suggestions. Thanks.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Perhaps an Inquisitor of a good God that isn't openly worshipped in Cheliax. I don't know what the others are planning on, but if we have enough melee, a bow in the back half would probably be great. The Inquisitor is tough enough to be able to respond to ambushes coming from the opposite side and protect the spellcaster, too.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Yea, I was planning to see what the others bring before deciding between ranged or melee.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

I just read through the player's guide for the adventure and I think an inquisitor of Iomadae and the Glorious Reclamation would be appropriate. Any issues with that?

Not at all! Just know that the Glorious Reclamation is happening concurrently but somewher else in Cheliax, and isn't really covered in the adventure. I'm sure I could add a few nods here and there, but overall you would be separate from it.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

That is the sense that I got from the player's guide. My PC could be an advance to lay the groundwork.

Sounds like a setup for Hell's Vengeance!

I think an inquisitor would be awesome... but be careful playing lawful in this campaign. It's a lawful city so views could be the same yet skewed a bit... I would play a drunk inquisitor of Cayden Caliean, that sounds like fun lol.

I was thinking a tiefling sorcerer with the destiny bloodline tied to a specific family (trait from the PG) that has outcast him because of his heritage. Or he hates his family because they've embraced his devil side, either way. Now he wants them all to go down... Maybe more of a blaster type so we have a solid ranged attacker
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 01-16-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky