Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Rebels Planning Thread

Oh, I thought it was a long spear elder gave him. Sorry! I'll move you back to your original position stultus! And you gave your movement just fine.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

If we haven't heard from spas I'll move us along tomorrow after work.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Hey guys! Now that the dwarf is almost certainly dead, do we want to try to talk down the rest of the guards? I’m fine either way but if the ones we dropped are still bleeding out I could maybe heal them. If we’re particularly convincing we might even get another team of rebels out of this excursion. Alternatively, we could just keep our current plan of killing them.

Again, I’m fine with either idea; I just wanted to present this as an option. So, what do people want to do?
    "In the beginning there was nothing, and it exploded."
    --Terry Pratchett

I say give it a try!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

I think I would vote for the prisoners being a team of sneaks. The fushi sisters are sort of like a hybrid street performer/peddler since they can gather information or earn coin. And Jaem already recruited some freedom fighters which means the only group we don’t have access to are outlaws. But if anyone has a different idea we can certainly go with that.
    --Terry Pratchett

That’s a better idea.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

As near as I can tell, we have three (maybe four?) actions to decide on in phase 2 after we deal with the upkeep phase. What are people leaning toward? I would like to cast a vote for one of those actions being “recruit supporters”. That still leaves a couple of actions available though, how are you guys thinking we should use them?

Options are (with a few omissions) “Earn Gold”, “Gather Information”, “Guarantee Event”, “Recruit Supporters”, “Recruit Team”, “Reduce Danger”, maybe “Secure Cache” (if the team of prisoners can be used this week), and “Upgrade Team”. I’m interested to hear your ideas.
    --Terry Pratchett

I think that there’s always a chance to get an event. It’s an option, as far as getting an event that could have been worse, but it’ll increase our notoriety score. Earning gold is less important now, in the early stages. We flood the organization with our own treasure, and the earn gold action can’t keep up.

I think we should also upgrade a team, specifically either our freedom fighters, or the Fushi Sisters. The Freedom Fighters being able to Rescue Character opens up all kinds of new story, as far as finding skilled npcs to round out the Rebellion. The Fushi Sisters being able to Spread Disinformation might make it easier and safer to hit back at the Thrunes before certain missions.

Gather Information is a great option, too.

I'm good with recruit supporters. All the gold in the world wont help if we dont have minions.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

So, in the next Rebellion phase, let’s Recruit Supporters, Gather Information, and Upgrade the Freedom Fighters.