Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OOC Thread: Part the Second

Good ideas!

Max will take 2 figures, maybe other magic types should get the others?
    I don't know who has dagger prof. If someone does, they should use it.
    Max, of course, would love the sack of holding. A girl needs her purse.

I like the ideas put forth in the journal. Hit him hard, toss figures, hit again.
    Or we could find the jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Rose View Post
    Good ideas!

Max will take 2 figures, maybe other magic types should get the others?
    I don't know who has dagger prof. If someone does, they should use it.
    Max, of course, would love the sack of holding. A girl needs her purse.

I like the ideas put forth in the journal. Hit him hard, toss figures, hit again.
    Or we could find the jar.
    we all have dagger prof. except max and garth
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

I missed this conversation! Sorry! I'm sure we can play it off as Garth trading the dagger somewhere else. Yes, Rough has a magic staff now, though it was never identified what it was specifically. He just kind of acquired it and said, well it hit a ghost. Must be magic. and went from there. I have no objections to the plans as they stand.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Hey there peoples;

Sorry for the delay.....I kinda forgot about poor Gerald...sorry Rabid Dee! A new post is up for him.....

Okay, I'll put up a new post for everybody else tonight/tomorrow....but a few quick things:

Dram: I went ahead and used another charge from Gilthanas' Wand to Identify the Staff that Rough has been using; it's a Quarterstaff +2, nothing else special about it....but note: he can use it AND another 1 handed weapon (like....I don't know......the magical Dagger Sunbeam, perhaps? ) to fight with with no penalties as long as he's wearing Studded Leather Armor (which he currently is) or lighter armor....just some food for thought...

Along the same lines....I'm planning on having the Garth character move onto to other things after the end of this module (unless Angelic comes back to the boards)....and Gerald will move into the party, so one of the weapons could be used by him....just some meta-game food for thought.

Dram/Stefan: Please let me know if your characters wanted to spend some time trying to learn any unknown spells from Theo's Spellbook and copying them into your own

Also, please note: While I'm just going to say that Gilthanas' Wand functioned perfectly for identifying all of the newly found items, please keep in mind that every time it is used, there's a 15 percent chance it will fail to Identify the magical item in question....and of that 15 percent, 5 percent of the time it will Identify it as something it is NOT (i.e. 86-95 it has no idea what the item is.....96-100 it Identifies it as something else entirely...i.e. it might say a +2 Sword is a Sword of Dancing...etc., etc.)

Stefan, Rose, Dram: Tell me what spells you'd like to have memorized

Final Note: The Ring of Spell Storing (as I'm ruling it) can hold 5 spells.....once cast, there is a slot that can be refilled by casting a new spell AT the ring for it to store.....it is then Stored AT THE LEVEL IT WAS CAST (i.e. if Vale casts Magic Missile specifically at the Ring to be stored....it will function as a spell as cast by a 6th level Mage).....the spells currently stored in it will function as if cast by a 9th Level Mage (which Theo was). Does that make sense?

If anybody has any questions/concerns, please let me know, thanks!
    Last edited by maxvale; 04-13-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Default Spells and new items

What spells does Gillthanias have left. Also the languages needed to activate the dagger and figurines who know these languages.
    Gil would also like to take the time to study the spell book and write down any spells that dont have.

No worries Maxvale! You take care of you. So sorry for your loss. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Okay everybody…..sorry for the long, long delay….

I just put up a new post and I updated all of the character sheets with a lot of things like the breakdown of the magical items, newly learned spells, etc., etc.

(Dram: to answer your question about what spells Gilthanas has, please check out his entry on the Player Character thread)

Also…..spellcasters….i.e. Dram, Rose, Stefan….PLEASE TELL ME WHAT SPELLS YOU WANT MEMORIZED FOR THE DAY! Thanks!

Okay….if anyone has a problem with my breakdown of the magical items, please let me know and I'll make changes, but basically it went like this:

Maxavel: She gets 2 of the Automaton figurines and the Sack of Holding (please note she ALSO has a Bag of Holding)

Thorn: He gets 2 of the Automaton figurines and the Keys of Nuitari

Vale: He gets the Ring of Spell Storing (which I fully loaded with his memorized from yesterday by not used Burning Hands and Magic Missile spells); Theophilus's Journal and half the spell components (note, he is carrying enough for 13 1st-3rd level spells at the moment). I also had him make rolls to learn new spells and he has added Mirror Image and Fireball to his book and failed to learn Invisibility 10' radius

Gilthanas: He gets the last 2 Automaton figurines, half the spell components and managed to add Sleep and Mirror Ima to his Spell Book while failing to learn Magic Missile and Invisibility

Rough: He gets the Sunbeam magical Dagger (which he can use with his new Quarterstaff +2 in dual-wielding mode in melee with no penalty)

Hopefully this is cool with people….

Also….I had Max use her last Cure Light Wounds spell from the previous day on Garth the Paladin and then use her Staff on each member of the party this morning to end up with a current HP tally as follows:

Max: 34 of 34 (after Garth used his Lay on Hands ability on her)

Vale: 16 of 22

Gilthanas: 28 of 29

Thorn: 32 of 40

Rough: 36 of 40

Garth: 27 of 38

Finally, as a last note I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm running off script here in regards to this module….chaning a few things here and there and in the interest of 'balancing' the act of adding a LICH to the module; please keep in mind that your party is carrying a LOT OF MAGICAL WEAPONS and ITEMS….some of which may have been forgotten about, so here's a quick re-cap….

Thorn: Has a KICKASS Throwing Axe and ALSO has 3 +1 Bolts and a Crossbow he is Specialized in (if distance becomes a factor; no penaly up to 60' with Specialization in Crossbow) to go with those new Automaton figurines….

Rough: The awesome Dagger SUNBEAM (and BOTH OF ITS POWERS), the Quarterstaff and a half-dozen +1 arrows he can shoot 2 at a time (i.e. 2 in a round) which gives him a total of +3 to hit with when using his Bow (if range becomes an issue)…

Gilthanas: Still has a pair of +1 arrows to fire and he is SPECIALIZED IN BOWS AND AN ELF…..which means a boat-load of bonuses to hit when shooting arrows….also has a Longsword +1, a pair of Automaton figures and spells

Vale: Lots of Spells when you throw in the Ring including some at 9th level of spell-casting effectiveness and Kith-Kanan's awesome rapier if close combat is needed

Maxavel: A veritable crap-ton of options including the Staff, figurines, spells and the Sling Bullets of Bursting

….and though he's an NPC: Garth: Has a Broadsword and some innate Paladin defenses that help him out

Just thought I'd throw that out there. If anyone has any questions/thoughts/etc., please let me know!

​Max wasn't the armor Thorn found and donned magical as well?
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    Runes on a Rock

Greywolf: Yes indeed…..I wasn't necessarily listing every magic item everyone was carrying, just reminding them of weapons and/or items that may be useful against the Lich which people might not have been thinking of….

ok. I wasn't even thinking of the figurines what do they do anyways? Or do we know yet?
    True Treasure
    Runes on a Rock