Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 201 to 210 of 210

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Gobs looked right, down the long hall. "Bubbisa, me think go right, go right!" Gobs laughed at his joke, hoping the others, especially Bubbisa, thought it funny.

    Gorvgo watched the pair, nodding as if he intended to follow whichever way the trailblazers chose.

    In the back, Chuffy dug for gold in his shnozz and dreamily stared at his hands as if they were magic wands, for he waved them about and smiled. Must have had some of Sparky's mushrooms again. Gobs waited for Strieg and Sparky to douse the flaming gob and right themselves, then spoke. "Sparky, your brudda, your mushrooms, your charge." He spun chuffy into his brother's arms and turned to Strieg.

    "You Zog, right? Know this place? Know where to go? Where traps isn't?" Gobs waited for the blue newbie to answer as best he could. His strange accent and drooling made him a little tough to understand, but any goblin could fall under the same category of unintelligible, so Gobs waited patiently for any knowledge this 'Strieg of Zog' might have.

    Just then, Gobs started. "What that? Bubbisa, you see? Down straight ahead!" Gobs drew his sword to attention and took a half-dozen steps towards that flurry of motion before halting himself. He looked back at the others. "I saw... something. It was small. Gobbie-sized."

    OoC
    Chuffy Perception d20(9)+8=17, fails
    Bubbisa Perception d20(4)+13=17, fails
    Sparkskar Perception d20(10)+6=16, fails
    Gorvgo Perception d20(9)+4=13, fails
    Gobs Perception d20(18)+7=25, success
    Striegboirk Perception d20(11)+8 (near Slurry)=19, fails

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Gorvgo peered where Gobs directed their attention. He squinted and craned his neck but saw nothing. Shrugging his shoulder he picked ear wax and snuffed at it. A thought came to him then! He sidled up close to bubbisa and started chanting in abyssal and then grabbed one of her buxom breasts, winked, and giggled maniacly"
    "Me cast spell to make bubissa better, like blue skin do!"


    ooc bluff to make bubissa think his squeeze was some kind of spell d20 (13) +0=13 �� (Please dont kill me lol)
    Last edited by Minion; 04-26-2017 at 01:44 PM.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Sparkskar found himself a jumbled, bruised mess shortly before set aflame on the stone floor at the base of the stairs. Fire, the element of his worship, was now the cause of great pain. Not intolerable pain though. He had been blessed by the Zogging gods themselves with a natural propensity to suffer the torments of blessed fire more so than most gobs, humeys, or otherwise. So, what would have reduced his flesh to a mushy mess only scarred him, leaving little to enjoy from flame's kiss. Then the world turned wet and cold.

    The wizard gob lay prone and soggy, his body saturated by an unholy fountain of water. Cursed water. The Blue Gob stood over him, waving his gnarled staff and chanting in some god awful droning voice. Then he felt twisted energies wash over him and the pain of his burns subsided. The blisters dissolves and his flesh returned to its potion-warped tone. The vile magic did nothing for the state of his robes however. Singed and burned, the flaming embroidery was reduced to ash in too many places, and he remained a dripping mess. Sparkskar spat water from his mouth and flicked his sleeves outward to cast away some of the excess with a pouting look upon his ugly face. He was defeated. A nod to Striegboirk signalled his appreciation for the Shaman's blessing before he attempted to use the spear as a prop, but that slipped on wet stones, and he fell back to his rump. It took two more tries before he could finally stand, and by then his was in no mood for anything or anyone.

    In the back, Chuffy dug for gold in his shnozz and dreamily stared at his hands as if they were magic wands, for he waved them about and smiled. Must have had some of Sparky's mushrooms again. Gobs waited for Strieg and Sparky to douse the flaming gob and right themselves, then spoke. "Sparky, your brudda, your mushrooms, your charge." He spun chuffy into his brother's arms and turned to Strieg.

    Sparky shoved his broodling away after Chuffy crashed into his chest. It was a mild reaction, considering his burning ire, and it couldn't be helped. He thunked Chuffy on this head with the shaft of his staff and cursed in a wild voice. "Wakey wake, stupid git. Get yer head up and watch where I'm going!"


    Just then, Gobs started. "What that? Bubbisa, you see? Down straight ahead!" Gobs drew his sword to attention and took a half-dozen steps towards that flurry of motion before halting himself. He looked back at the others. "I saw... something. It was small. Gobbie-sized."​

    Sparky had been casually examining his scroll cases for signs of a leak when he heard Gobs, and his face twisted in concern at the words he thought he had heard. "Gobbie-sized you say?"

    More undead perhaps? Or could they be members of a rival tribe? It wouldn't do to be left unprepared...

    "Spread out. Use shadows. Work together ye stinking gits!" Sparkskar whispered harshly from somewhere in the mix before a mushroom found its way into his mouth. Then the Elementalist thumbed a pieces of leather in his pocket and cast a simple and familiar spell that surrounded his body in a cloak of arcane energy that acted much like a suit of armor. He then followed his own instructions and slid into the shadows of the near wall.

      Spoiler: OOC 

    Casts Mage Armor

    Stealth check

    Roll(1d20)+16:
    10,+16
    Total:26
    Last edited by Dalamar91; 04-26-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    Bubissa's eye squinted at the priest, if he hadn't been with them on this adventure the whole time she would have chopped him down right then and there. Instead, she gently removed his hand from her breast, gave him a smile then back handed him across the face. "You touch only when I say you touch. That just love tap! Spell better be good or..." She slid her finger across her throat to indicate she might do something... awful to Gorvgo then she laughed and slapped him on the back. "You got guts!" She said and turned down the hall to follow Gobs pulling out her greataxe along the way.

    OOC: Sense motive 1d20(13)+3= 16... thinks something is up and acts accordingly haha.
    Moves 7 squarss down hall while drawing out her greataxe
    Perception check 1d20(11)+13= 24, 26 if sound based.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    192

    Default

    As Bubbisa slipped past Gobs in the hall, limbering out her axe as she went, she noticed the slight dip in the floor tiling around her. Stopping, she looked harder. That's when she heard it.

    A groan, as of long-disused machinery squealing in use, shuddered through the hallway and the floor around Bubbisa and Gobs fell away as a trap door over a pit yawned open. Both gobbies jumped for safety, landing on the near side of the now-open pit, closer to their allies. Bubbisa heard a... giggle?... coming from the bend in the hallway ahead, where Gobs said he had seen their foe. It seemed Gobs was right: someone was here trying to kill them.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . ___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . __ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |B| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |G| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . | |________|L|_______________________| | . .
    . . . . . |_________V T_SC_____________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, C=Chuffy, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended
    OoC
    Bubbisa Perception 24 sees pit trap just before she steps on it, Perception 26 hears the giggle of an unknown enemy
    Gobs Perception to see trap d20(15)+8=23, success, sees trap also, fails to hear giggle (DC 25)
    Goblins, we arent in initiative yet, but still keep it to full round actions please.
    Last edited by SirIggy; 04-28-2017 at 10:45 AM.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Sparkskar's ears twitched and he thought he heard something groan. It was not the sort of sound he would associate with a living creature, or a dead one for that matter. It was a groan of metal or gears, like that of some sort of mechanism. Perhaps another trap? The wizard stomped his foot angrily but did not risk speaking further. Then an idea occurred to him.

    A short length of copper wire slipped out of the folds of his robes and the Elementalist began to chant in the language of magic. Some said that wizards spoke the same language as the dragons when they cast spells. Some said it was the same language as the demons, or even the devils. Whatever language the nearby goblins thought he was speaking was immaterial for the moment however. What mattered now was that there was a proper chain of command, and an easy way to communicate said plans. He waved his hand over the wire and spoke the triggering word that breathed life into the spell, and then finally, he announced the names of his chosen targets. "Gobs, Strieboirk, Bubbisa. You will hear my words, as I will hear yours. Whisper and we four will hear like we're standing on each other's toes. Try it. Oh, this is Sparkskar..."

    The spell cast, he slipped the copper wire into his pocket and twitched his nose at the strange sulfuric scent that bathed the hallway for but a moment.

    "What was that sound?" he asked excitedly.

      Spoiler: OOC 


    Sparky casts Message on the three mentioned Gobs, and of course himself. This spell will last 30 minutes, which should be a good enough amount of time I think. Holding his move action on a delay,
    in case he needs it.
    Last edited by Dalamar91; 04-28-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Gorvgo felt the ground tremble and watched as the ground opened before them. Good thing Gorvgo wasnt in the lead. That could have been bad. He strained his ears and eyes to see beyond the pit and just saw more nothing. He peered over Gobs shoulder, "You see something?"he whispered. A thought came to him then.
    "Who has rope?" Gorvgo asked excitedly"Give me end and I climb to other side! Gorvgo has plan! Remember big boss made me advisor."
    He stood up straight and proud. This was the first good idea he had in.… well… ever.

    ooc Percept d20 (9) major fail. Lol.
    Gorvgo has climb speed 10' and can go across wall

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,453

    Default Striegboirk

    Striegboirk was lost in thought and Striegboirk realized that Striegboirk could help so Striegboirk perked up.

    "Ooo ooo.... Striegboirk have rope. Striegboirk lend it, borrow only."

    Striegboirk dug thru Striegboirk's super nice backpack that Striegboirk peeled off a dead halfling and handed it over.

    "It nice rope. Striegboirk took it off dead darkie elf that Striegboirk killed. Give it to Striegboirk back after."

    OOC
    50 foot spidery silk rope.... not really spider silk rope, just kinda spidery themed

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Gobs saw Bubbisa pause a moment and then she was leaping backwards towards him as a pit opened before her! The loud groaning of metal covered the faint giggle that followed in its wake. Gobs thought but a moment before making his decision. He backed up a bit to give himself some running room and surged forward, flying past Bubbisa and out over the edge in a graceful leap, his sword drawn free of its scabbard as he soared. The feral grin of delight on his face was that most often seen on goblin faces: the joy of the hunt! Looking below him as he passed, Gobs saw the pit fall away more than a half-dozen goblin-lengths and the bottom was covered in rusted spikes set to skewer anyone falling into the pit.
    "Aiieee-Uhh!" Gobs bellowed his war cry as he landed with a thud and skidded around the corner in pursuit of their unknown quarry. Even as Sparky's Head-talking spell took hold and Sparky's voice echoed in Gobs skull, the alchemist was searching for an elixir he had prepared. In his head, he "talked" back to Sparky. "Gobbies! There's a r-AAAAUGGHhh!" Even Gorvgo heard Gobs scream, for it wasn't just a mental wail, but a real one!

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . . . |___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___. ___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |G| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f|_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |_____. | . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |V| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |B| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . | |________|L|_______________________| | . .
    . . . . . |__________ T_SC_____________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, C=Chuffy, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, f=flames

    OoC
    Bubbisa Perception 24 sees pit trap just before she steps on it, Perception 26 hears the giggle of an unknown enemy
    Gobs Perception to see trap d20(15)+8=23, success, sees trap also, fails to hear giggle (DC 25)
    Goblins, we arent in initiative yet, but still keep it to full round actions please.

    OoC
    Acrobatics DC 10 to jump pit with a running start; +11 Acrobatics, can't fail
    move thirty feet to round the corner
    Perception check d20(2)+8=10, fails
    Reflex save to avoid trap DC 15, d20(2)+10=12, fails, takes 3d4(2,2,4)=8 fire damage; ow!
    Last edited by SirIggy; Today at 10:56 PM.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Gorvgo watched as Gobs leapt across the pit. Then cringed as he heard the scream.
    "Rabbi Hug! What do u think that could be! Gorvgo asked almost retorically. He took the proferred rope from Blue Skin and gripped it in his teeth as made his way across the pit. He walked up cautiously ti the edge and looked down to se the nasty looking spikes. Looking at the wall he could see the miniscule cracks that his long sharp fingers could reach in that other goblins could not possibly grip. He crawled along the wall hand over fit like a spider and made his way to the other side.
    Along the way he felt something slip out of his robes and fall. Hia first glance made him think it was Rabbi Hug! But then he realized it was his hobgoblin skull chalice. He had used that for his ceremonies to the Great Devourer. He paused momentarily to watch as it shattered on the spikes. Gorvgo didnt look again or give a second thought as he continued on. He heard a distant barking laugh comingled w Rabbi Hug's laugh from inside his pouch.

    Ooc. 20' to get to pit. 10' to cross. Makes a double move for gorvgo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •