Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

Smiler stared into the priest's eyes, but it was the burning gaze of old Hrugo Bloodeye that gazed back at him. Smiler felt a wave of realization slamming into him, seeing the cannibal priest within this sniveling goblin. He wouldn't be coming to any great conclusions today, though, for the she-gob's axe smashed into him again, scattering his shriven soul as his form was destroyed. A shrieking wail, like over-tightened metal screws in a metal frame echoed down the halls. The tiny menace leading the troupe through this deadly Gauntlet was destroyed, but only for the moment, as Gorvgo well knew. He scrambled among the scattered bits, seeking the bones and gristle as much as the dirt and pebbles and metal shavings, greedily shoveling them into a pile on the floor.

Gobs leaned forward, resting himself and gazing in adoration at Bubbisa. Her ax had clearly carried the day, from Gobs' point of view. "What next, Bubbisa?" Gobs smiled toothily to show her his support of her leadership.

Strieg and Sparky knew immediately that something had happened, for Strieg's elemental came right back to its master. The clash of combat seemed to have ceased.

OoC
    We are officially out of initiative. Post at will. Good job gobbies. I smell a new level in the near future for you guys!

"Bubbisa strong! Where we go now bosslady?
    Gorvgo didnt wait ling for her response and began to scoop the remains of smiler i to his pouch.
    "Sorry Hug. Me needs this for my salad."

Gorvgo will scoop remains into his pouch taking some tastes and licking his fingers as he goes.

Bubissa ended her rage as the gearghost exploded. She stood there for a second contemplating killing everyone around her, her frustrations were building. "Let go back to torch room and get everyone together. We decide what next then." She threw her axe over her shoulder and headed back to the room that had Sparky and Striebork in it. They now seemed to be looking at her as their leader... what was she gonna do with this mess?
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

"Let's go back to torch room and get everyone together. We decide what next then." Gobs watched as Bubbisa swung her axe over her shoulder and strode back towards the torch room, her shapely thews rippling with muscles and a tinge of sweat from the battle causing her beautiful green skin to shine. Gobs was enamored of his new chieftess. He waited while Gorvgo gathered up bits for his "salad". "Hurry up priest, she waits for us!" Gobs tapped his foot and watched the swirling elemental creature follow in Bubbisa's wake as it returned to what Gobs assumed was its master, probably Strieg. Gobs got the feeling if it belonged to Sparky it would have shed fire, not a swirled airily.
    Once Gorvgo had gathered the bits of gearghost, for whatever inane ritual he was planning, Gobs headed back to the others. "Bubbisa, me ready to forge a path when you are. All gobbies present and accounted for, and ghost destroyed good." Gobs gestured to the bag Gorvgo held, tapping it lightly so that all heard the clink of gearghost bits.

Gobs waited for Bubbisa to make her decision. He knew she would lead them out eventually, but he was anxious to get back on the path to fight their enemies in the Dismal Caverns. Those staffs the witches possessed would surely guarantee Bubbisa ousted the current Thornkeep goblin chief. Gobs secured his gear and pulled out his trap-tools in anticipation of using them sooner rather than later. This gauntlet was far from done with them.

OoC
    Gobs waits for Gorvgo to finish then heads back to the torch room where the others are.

Rabbi Hug hunkered down inside his skull and thought deeply. He had seen Smiler's recognition just a moment before the she-gob's axe sent Smiler's spirit drifting in the ether. He awaited the goblin's arrival with patience learned in service to a fickle deity. Eventually, the little trapsmith wandered up to the hobgoblin priest sucking on a pipe. Reaching Rabbi Hug's side, the priest snapped fingers and a tiny flame danced from his fingertips to the pipe, lighting it

"Rabbi Hug, they call you now, eh Hrugo? What destinies we have! I lurk in a lost ruin, bound forever to my traps, and you are trapped inside your own mind! Hah!" Smiler hunkered down beside Hug, sucking on his pipe and sending streamers of smoke curling away into the nothingness.

Hrugo laughed himself at the goblin's statement. "Too true, Smiler. My brother was not one to waste an opportunity to make my life harder. I suppose my unlife and afterlife will be no different. What now, Zoggian?" Rarely used, the term was meant to refer to any goblinoid, regardless of subt-race, who lived in the fallen Kingdom of Zog.

"Bah." Smiler waved off the question. "It remains to be seen. If this troupe of your master's holds steady, searches out my every trap and snare, I will disappear, my connection to this place severed and my spirit hurled into the Abyss." Smiler sucked hard at his pipe, realized it was no longer lit, and tapped out the ashes before stowing it in his pocket. "If they simply pass through and win to the exit, then there may be more time for me. So long as a single trap stands, I shall endure. My assistants exist only because I will it, so their fate is whatever I wish." Smiler stood and wrung his hands. "I must go. The pull, you see. You will come to know it yourself, I think. This skull of yours...it's not the only skull here, and not only the one the trapspringer carries!" Smiler growled low in his throat as he mentioned Gobs.

Rabbi Hug stood as well. "So, well meet, then, on this strange road of existence. We will not meet again, I think, and so this is truly goodbye. Fare well, Smiler, you despicable bastard!" Hrugo Bloodeye saluted his comrade one last time.

Smiler returned the salute, arm raised at an angle, palm flat and facing down. "Farewell, Hrugo Bloodeye, you miserable cannibalistic scumbag!" He turned away and soon was no more. Rabbi Hug stared out into the nothingness a while. Then he, too, was no more in that strange place, for he was needed elsewhere.

Gorvgo stared amazed at the bits of gristle, bone dust and metal he had scavenged from the area where the gearghost had died. Rabbi Hug began to drone immediately as he divined Gorvgo's desire to know more of what eating this creature would do.

"Take from it first the metal shavings and bits, and as you chew, speak the Prayer of Humiliated Gratitude..." Hug's voice continued on, but Hrugo knew it was only the very beginning and so he held in check his anger...for now.

OoC
    The salute is totally a Nazi salute.
    Last edited by SirIggy; 08-27-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Gobs wasn't sure what the delay was now. Bubbisa kept shaking her head, staring around at the group and shaking her head again. She must be realizing that her followers, save for Gobs, were just a bunch of senseless gobbies bound to get her killed. Fools. Gobs waited for either Sparky or Streig to object to his plan of searching ahead with Bubbisa to clear traps. When no one spoke up, Gobs assumed he was cleared to proceed.

"First things first..." Gobs muttered to himself. He backed up into the hallway the gearghost had fled down, opting instead to head forward instead of turning. He just wanted to see if it was a dead end or if the corridor continued. Gobs was careful, watching where he placed his steps until he reached the corner and peaked around it. Sure enough, it dead-ended. There was a small room with a pedestal holding a crystal the size of a bread loaf right in the middle. Gobs immediately paused. He scanned to see whether or not there was a trap. Gobs saw nothing, but he didn't trust it at all. He needed Bubbisa's eyes. Gobs slipped back to the split in the hallway and marked the tripwire Gorvgo had snapped, then re-joined the group. It appeared nothing had been resolved there since he'd left. Gobs harumphed and waited for Bubbisa's decision.

OoC
    Gobs Perception d20(10)+8=18, fails to see anything. Marks the tripwire point and returns to the group.

"Everyone look okay to me ." Bubissa said as she surveyed her group. Yes, this was her group now whether she liked it or not. "Let continue on, we find traps and way out, maybe more goblin goodies too. Come!" She said as she headed towards the northern tunnel. She stopped at the entrance. "We get in trouble we come back here. This safe place me think." She continued north and turned the corner to look down the hall. If there were more traps, Gobs and her would find them.

OOC: Moving up northern hallway to the corner turning west. Perception check 1d20(20!)+13= 33
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Bubbisa surveyed her group. She resigned herself to that fact and began giving her first 'orders'. "Let's continue on, we find traps and way out, maybe more goblin goodies too. Come!" She said as she headed towards the northern tunnel. She stopped at the entrance. "We get in trouble we come back here. This safe place me think." She continued north and turned the corner to look down the hall. Bubbisa stopped and looked at the orb on its pedestal.
    It was indeed the size of a bread loaf. and a beautiful faceted crystal, certainly worth more than a few gold. But it was lined with glyphs and sigils underneath the crystal. Looking in and down, they were obscured, but still visible for what they were. She noticed a fine wire leading from the base of the pedestal into the wall, right where a tiny sigil was drawn. The room itself seemed otherwise safe until she scanned the doorway itself. On the inside were drawn a solid ring of those tiny sigils like the one with the wire running through it into the wall. Yeah, this thing was definitely trapped. But Bubbisa was already at a loss as to where to begin to disarm it. Time to call in the trapsmith.

Gobs was waiting behind his new 'boss lady'. When she waived him forward and explained what she'd seen, he carefully studied the sigils she pointed out. They were clearly designed to link to the one with the wire near the pedestal base. He looked into the crystal to study the sigils below it and it all began to fit. Before his eyes had adjusted to the warp of the sigils through the crystal, he witnessed a tiny spark within the crystal itself, racing through the sigils in a random-seeming pattern. Lightning! The crystal was a magical battery!
    Gobs dragged forth his tools and began his task. First, he carefully etched out three sigils around the doorway with a rough sandpaper, breaking the pattern by more than an inch when he finally stopped sanding. Now, feeling secure that merely entering wouldn't trigger the crystal, Gobs entered and set to sanding the sigil with the wire, careful not to disturb the silver prong until no trace of the sigil remained. When the sigil was erased he gently removed the wire from the wall. Turning he grinned at Bubbisa and used his teeth to hold one end of the wire while twisting it into a hook. Gobs then gently slid the new new tool under the crystal, steadily and very gently scratching at first one, then another of the sigils below the crystal, using the warped view through the crystal to keep an eye on his work. When he felt he was safe to do so, Gobs gently removed the hook and slid it into his tool kit for later use. He then cupped the crystal orb, looked at Bubbisa and said, "Here goes nothing!" and lifted the valuable orb free of the pedestal. He turned to Bubbisa when nothing happened and offered her the valuable stone.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . .___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | . . |____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | o . BG_ .|_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . |___| . |V._____ |. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .________| | . . . .| |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . N . . . . . S. .| . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . . | . . . |. ___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |. . . .U. . LT.N . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . . | . . . | |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . . | . . . | |__ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |__ ._ . ____|. . . | . . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | |.| | . . . . . . .|____| . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | |___ . . . . . . . . | |. . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . |_________| |. . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | |___. ._________. | . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | |____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . |____ .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .__|N| . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . . |. . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . .N_ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H_ bZ.|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . b |. . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ._ . . .
    . . . . . | | . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|r|. .
    . . . . . | |_______| |________________________|r|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, r=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above,
    Z=sawblades, b=button, u=column with torch, H=Holes in Wall, N=Secret panel, x=tripwire, o=orb

OoC
    Bubbisa Perception 33, success. See the trap's three pieces and grant Gobs +2 on Perception to see and disarm trap.
    Gobs d20(19!)+8+2=29, sees all components of trap.
    Gobs disarm attempt d20(17, nice!)+10+2=29, damn! Success, disarms lightning orb trap, recovers crystal orb (175gp) which he f=gives to Bubbisa, and makes part of trap into silver hook tool for thieve's tools. Gobs is ready to pathfind with the boss lady! Lead on!
    Last edited by SirIggy; 09-09-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Bubissa took the crystal orb from Gobs. "Nice work Gobs!" she said to the trapfinder. She held the orb aloft to show the goblins that were there. "This great trophy from Gauntlet but we keep pressing. Let go find more goodies to help kill Lich." She left the room and went down the hallway with the tripwire. She carefully stepped over it and advised the rest to do the same. She saw a hallway and yet another room they hadn't looked in. She moved toward the room keeping her eyes peeled.

OOC: Moving down trapped hallway, then down hallway we killed Smiler in to the room south.

Perception check 1d20(11)+13= 24