Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 344

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Striegboirk began chanting as he stepped toward the gearghost. His eyes turned a strange, milky white as he muttered strange, ancient mutterings.

    "Ooga Shaka... Ooga Shaka... Oooga ooga pigs shaka.... Ia Ia Meshugga Ryleh..."

    OOC
    5 foot step N
    casting Summon Natures Ally II...

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Strieg's chantations filled the room. He summoned power to him, ready to call an ally from the ether. Sparky's flames washed over Smiler and the gearghost moaned in anguish. No longer willing to stay here, Smiler took comfort in the knowledge he could still escape their clutches. Withdrawing into the corridor, Smiler flew down the eastern passage, leaving bits of smoking debris from his body in his wake.

    Gobs blood was up. This creature had lured them into a deadly trap and was now trying to flee? Not hardly. Gobs raced after the creature just as he had initially, but this time he remembered to watch for traps laid in his path. His keen eye spotted a tripwire at the second turn and he yelled back to his comrades "Jump the second turn! Tripwire!" as he closed on the gearghost, sword in hand.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . .____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . __ .|______. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . .| ._____ x|. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .________| | . . . .| |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . N . . . . . SB.| . . . .| |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . .V. .| . . . |. ___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |. . . .U. . . .N . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . . | . . . |G|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . .| . . . |O| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |__ ._ . ____|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | |.|T| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | |___ . . . . . . . . | |. . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . |_________| |. . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | |___. ._________. | . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | |____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . |____ .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .__|N| . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . . |. . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . .N_ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H_ bZ.|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . b |. . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ._ . . .
    . . . . . | | . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|r|. .
    . . . . . | |_______| |________________________|r|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, r=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above,
    Z=sawblades, b=button, u=column with torch, H=Holes in Wall, N=Secret panel, O=Gearghost, x=tripwire

    OoC
    Gearghost withdraws as a standard, avoiding attacks of opportunity, moves down the corridors to where shown.
    Gobs double moves to keep up with gearghost, perception check for traps as he runs d20(14)+8=22, success; notes a tripwire at the second turning of the corridor, free action to shout to comrades its location.
    Bubbisa, Gorvgo, Strieg and Sparky, it's your turn again!
    Last edited by SirIggy; 07-21-2017 at 09:34 AM.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Gorvgo let out a shrill and bloodcurdling belch and ran after the trash covered ghost. Slathering and spraying foamy spittle as he ran, Gorvgo ran as fast as his stunted little legs could carry him.

    Ooc. Gorvgo will double move (Which is 40') should put him in the square right after the trap.
    Acrobatics to avoid trip wire? d20 (4+3=7)

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,028

    Default

    "No...NO! He will lead you to more traps!" Sparkskar implored his allies as more and more of them dashed off to the gods knew what fate. He turned to the attractive female gob and spread his hands out wide, the torch flickering at the extent of his right arm.

    "We need to stick together now, yes?"

    Somewhere along the line she had become the defacto leader. He wasn't sure when, or how, but the writing was on the wall as clear as if it glowed and the letters were ten feet long. If he could appeal to her sensibilities, perhaps the others could be brought under control.

    "We have bad gobs to hunt, and traps are everywhere. The ghost will lead us to death..."

    Sparky made no move to chase the disembodied floating garbage, but he did fish another mushroom from his pouch and pop it into his mouth.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Striegboirk finished his summoning and an air elemental materialized up the hallway.

    Striegboirk commanded it, "Follow goblins, like Me, and stick to the ceiling!! Attack not-goblins!!"

    Striegboirk strolled into the room and looked around.

    OOC
    Air elemental appears 35 feet from Striegboirk and hopefully follows orders
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...-air-elemental
    Last edited by Drakestendor; 07-28-2017 at 10:03 PM.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,341

    Default

    Yes, Sparkscar was right. They did need to regroup and yes this ghost would just lead them into more of it's traps... but once agin they were all scattered with Gobs and Gorvgo running off. With this lot did she even want to be leader? "Grrrrr!" She growled as she was torn at what to do. "Me can't leave Gobs and Gorvgo, ghost could kill them. Me got good eyes and hope to spot traps. I come back once I get those two. Either follow or wait here." She said to the mage and shaman and then she dashed down the hallway to follow Gobs and Gorvgo.

    OOC: Perception check to see trip wire 1d20(20)+13= 33 lol

    Continue to rage... Round 4

    Double move to be behind Gobs.
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 08-03-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Smiler grinned again as he fell back, delighting in the sound of goblin feet slapping the stone corridors in pursuit. That dreaded trapspringer leapt clear of the tripwire trap, yelling out a warning as he turned the corner at full speed. The snap of the tripwire as the priest came bumbling around the same corner let Smiler know the scythe was swinging and he paused in his retreat to watch for the priest's demise. More feet were following and the others would need to be duped as well. The axe-wielder had come. Smiler knew just the trap for her.

    Gorvgo followed in Gobs' wake, running pellmell and skidding around the corners. Too late he heard Gobs' warning and he didn't quite get his knees up high enough. He felt the wire snap and watched as a cleverly hidden scythe dropped free of the ceiling, swinging with some force and slicing him across his left thigh deeply. The filth of the blade was worrisome at best. The pink sludge mottling it, though, lead supposition to be closer to worse. He watched as Bubbisa swept past him and Gobs tried to engage the creature. It turned its attention immediately to Bubbisa, though, as soon as she cleared the corner, skidding to a halt behind the trapsmith. Then, it must have used its magics again, for Bubbisa suddenly hurled backwards to knock into Gorvgo, nearly spilling both of them to their knees. If this kept up much longer, he'd be a bruised and battered mess.

    Bubbisa was sure of the wisdom of Sparky's words, but her heart led her onwards to crush her enemy. "Me can't leave Gobs and Gorvgo, ghost could kill them. Me got good eyes and hope to spot traps. I come back once I get those two. Either follow or wait here." She said to the mage and shaman and then she dashed down the hallway to follow Gobs and Gorvgo.

    Smiler wanted no part of that wretched she-gob anymore. He did not need her pestering him, yet he couldn't just ignore the alchemist, especially not with that skull he carried. Slipping just out of Gobs' reach, the gearghost bent his will against Bubbisa again, trying to fling her away. Adding his rage and indignity to his will he lashed out and this time the barbarian went spinning back to slap into Gorvgo.

    As Bubbisa, Gobs and Gorvgo set off in pursuit, Strieg's magical incantations drew forth from the ether a small, swirling breeze. "Follow goblins, like Me, and stick to the ceiling!! Attack not-goblins! the shaman quietly commanded before sauntering into the room to look around without fear of an attack. At least for the moment. The elemental took off, flying down the corridor to engage the enemies of its master, at least for a few precious seconds.

    Gobs heard Bubbisa's approach, then heard her impromptu 'withdrawal' and knew this was going to just get worse unless the ghost was stopped. Within the corridor here, he could trap it if he could just get beyond it. But what risks might lie ahead? Scanning below and beyond the creature, Gobs saw no threats and decided it was clear. Risking a strike he lunged below the floating undead, rolling in a ball as he drew forth one of his bombs. It would taste his fire before all was said and done. But first, Smiler's acid would scar Gobs. Knowing he was headed into a potential danger zone, though, Gobs kept rolling, getting mostly clear of the spray in his initial movement. Now it was Gobs grinning as Smiler realized his new complication. "Bubbisa! We have him trapped! Finish him!"
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . .____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . __ .|______. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . .| ._____ V|. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .________| | . . . .|B|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . N . . . . . S. .| . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . . | . . . |. ___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |. . . .U. . .T.N . . .|e| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . . | . . . | |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . . | . . . |O|__ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |__ ._ . ____|. . . .|G. . .|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | |.| | . . . . . . .|____| . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | |___ . . . . . . . . | |. . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . |_________| |. . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | |___. ._________. | . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | |____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . |____ .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .__|N| . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . . |. . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . .N_ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H_ bZ.|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . b |. . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ._ . . .
    . . . . . | | . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|r|. .
    . . . . . | |_______| |________________________|r|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork, e=elemental
    L=Slurry, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, r=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above,
    Z=sawblades, b=button, u=column with torch, H=Holes in Wall, N=Secret panel, O=Gearghost, x=tripwire

    OoC
    Gorvgo Acrobatics 7, fails, springs trap; Trap (swinging scythe) attack d20(10)+8=18, hits 2d4(1,2)+6=9 points of damage; Fort save vs Poison d20(18)+5=23, success, not diseased.
    Bubbisa no Acrobatics necessary
    Gearghost telekinetic thrust vs Bubbisa (Will save DC 18, d20{8}+3=11, fails; she is hurled back into Gorvgo, both taking d6(3) damage
    Gobs Acrobatics d20(11)+11=22, success, slips past to block in gearghost. Perception d20(7)+8=15, fails, does not notice pressure plate; acid spray Reflex save d20(20!) success, half damage 3d4(5)= 2 acid damage
    Strieg moves into the room, Perception d20(11)+8=19, fails to notice any of the secret doors. Elemental moves into hallway seeking goblins to aid, finds them and halts once it has located an enemy.
    Goblins! Strieg, Sparky, Gorvgo, Bubbisa! Yer up!
    Last edited by SirIggy; 08-01-2017 at 04:46 PM.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Gorvgo stumbled as the scythes slashed across his tattered robes. He slathered and spit at the thought of the tasty meal to come. He charged down the hallway and ran up the wall to come in beside the ghearghost at head level.
    "Hello smiler. Havent seen u in quite awhile,the voice came from Gorvgos mouth, but the words were spoken in a strange accent. Much like Rabbi Hugs… As Gorvgos little mind took this in he bit with all his might on the ancient creatures face.

    Ooc move to end on wall beside smiler
    bite attack enhanced w magic fang d20(20!) +2 +1=23 to confirm d20(15)+2+1=18 1d4(3)+1 x2= 8dmg!!!
    Last edited by Minion; 08-03-2017 at 12:37 PM.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,341

    Default

    Being flung back made Bubissa even angrier, if that was possible. Ghosts and out of control goblins, she was ready to end this. She raised her axe above her head... "RARRRRRRRRRR!" she screamed as she charged upon Smiler. She crashed her axe upon the rest of what was left of the ghost hoping it was still around when she was done so she could smash it again.

    OOC: Continue to rage, round 5

    Charge Smiler, power attack 1d20(13)+9+2 (charge)+2 (flank?)= 26, 24 if flank doesn't apply

    Damage 1d10(8)+10= 18
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Rabbi Hug sensed a thrill not tasted in ages! The priest wove about himself a simple enchantment, making his fangs even deadlier. It reminded Hrugo of better days, using the same incantation on himself. It helped with some of the,,,tougher-skinned meals Hrugo had enjoyed.

    Gorvgo's crawling antics led him up beside Smiler and Hrugo felt blood in his own mouth as Gorvgo ripped free some scattered stone pellets, a tripwire screwhook and some dust bunnies. Smiler seemed to look deep into Gorvgo's eyes, seeing perhaps Hrugo, and knowing whom he faced. Was that a look of mild terror on Smiler? Laughing silently, Hrugo seized Gorvgo's tongue. "Hello smiler. Havent seen u in quite awhile..." Hrugo retreated back as Gorvgo regained hold of his voice, but Smiler definitely recognized him. It wouldn't matter much, though. Bubbisa came hurtling to below Gorvgo on the wall, swinging that broad and dangerous ax again. Smiler shrieked as bits exploded from him when the ax made contact.

    OoC
    Bubbisa, flank does apply. Still Strieg and Sparky this round...
    Last edited by SirIggy; 08-07-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •