Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 335

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,330

    Default

    Bubissa grinned this is what she had been waiting for, finally a chance to take out her frustration on this gearghost. She stepped up next to Gobs and gave the rogue a nod, she had come to respect the trapmaster and his skill. With all the goblins back together they could band together to out this threat and Gorvgo will finally get his meal. She raised her axe, rage building "RAHHHHRRRRR!" she yelled, and swung into the air at the hovering undead.

    OOC: 5' step next to Gobs, free action to rage.

    Attack Gearghost 1d20(11)+9= 20
    If hits 1d10(9)+10= 19 damage... if incorporeal 0 damage because no magic weapon and then we're in trouble
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 06-30-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  2. #322
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Bubbisa swung her ax with all her might, leaping up to catch the gearghost with its edge as she sank back to the ground. A scattering of trash bits rained down in her wake. Bubbisa had hurt it! Gobs stared in awe at her before a wide grin of fierce determination wreathed his face and he shouted his encouragement.
    "Beware ghost, of Bubbisa, ghost killer and enemy breaker!"

    The gearghost reeled from the blow, hissing its anger and hate at this upstart goblin girl and her menacing ax.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .________| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . N . . . . . . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |. . . .U. . . .N . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . .tS . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . B. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |__O.G___.|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | |.|V| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    . . . . | | |T| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | |___ . . . . . . . . | |. . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . |_________| |. . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | |___. ._________. | . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | |____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . |____ .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .__|N| . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . . |. . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . .N_ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H_ bZ.|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . b |. . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ._ . . .
    . . . . . | | . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|r|. .
    . . . . . | |_______| |________________________|r|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, r=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above,
    Z=sawblades, b=button, u=column with torch, t=Torch, H=Holes in Wall, N=Secret panel, O=Gearghost

    OoC
    Bubbisa attack 20, success, does 19(-5, DR 5/-)=14 ouch, he is NOT happy about that. Still Gorvgo, Strieg and Sparky this round.

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Gorvgo heard the crashing and stepped into the torch room. It was Smiler!! Gorvgo smiled a razor toothed grin.
    "Hello ghosties, me's is gonna eat you and know your traps," Gorvgo got the crazed look the other goblins had learned only meant one thing. . . Gorvgo was going to do something insane and most likely foolish.
    Gorvgo pulled a pickled finger out of his jar and began chanting in goblin and abyssal,
    "As the Pyooce Chancellor of the Great and insatiable, neverful Lady Venklevore! I compel YOU!!!"
    As Gorvgo chanted he got higher in pitch and more frantic. He swallowed the finger and let out a belch. Along with a wave of necrotic energy blasting out all around him.

    ooc
    Gorvgo will 5' step into room. (map would be O,G,V) then use channel energy to command undead. (Will DC 11. . . you can always roll a 1. . .) but worth a try anyway. LOL

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,028

    Default

    Sparkskar shivered with excitement at the thrill of the unknown power of the torch in his hands. It flickered with magical fire and the flames reflecting from his large eyes danced like little fireballs. He nearly pissed in his robes with pleasure, but the elementalist managed to control himself before he made himself the fool. Sparky was staring at the flames even as the gearghost made its presence felt.

    Gobs flew across the room to wreck against the wall like a sling stone. Sparky flinched and clicked his teeth as his attention settled on the offender, who was more of a cluster of trash than an apparition in the sense that Sparky expected of a ghost. He wondered if he could even hurt the thing even as the she-gob's axe bit into the partially corporeal form. Bits of wood and who knows what else fell to the floor to bounce on the stone. Sparky leered as his fingers flexed and his free hand shot into his robes.

    The elementalist shifted to his right and his hand came back out with a bit of sulfur dusting his fingers. "Kair tangus miopiar!" He chanted as his hands came together around the torch in the approximation of a fan, with the flaming end extended towards the gearghost.

    The torch hissed and popped, and then a burning sheet of fire rose up from his hands to swallow the entity in its glory.

      Spoiler: OOC 

    5' move to the left.

    Casts Burning Hands on an upward angle, so the fan goes above Bubbisa, but strikes the gearghost.

    I do not know the enhancement effects of the torch exactly, so I'll provide the particulars of the spell without enhancement.

    Reflex save for half damage DC 15

    Damage
    Roll(3d4)+0:
    3,2,2,+0
    Total:7
    Flammable materials burn if the flames touch them. A character can extinguish burning items as a full-round action.

    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,476

    Default Striegboirk

    Striegboirk weaved a healing hex and charged it into Striegboirk's hand. Striegboirk stepped up into the room for a moment as Striegboirk's rat, Slurry, attempted to deliver the spell onto Gobs. Striegboirk then backed back into the hallway like any good gobbie would, given the chance.

    OOC
    step up into room

    touch attack from Slurry at Gobs
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    11,+5
    Total:16

    CLW hex:
    Roll(1d8)+3:
    6,+3
    Total:9 healing

    back up to the space that i was just in

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Gorvgo's command to the undead was ignored. The creature was powerful with will. It was Bubbisa's axe that had it worried, though. The strength behind that blow had left little doubt in Smiler's unhinged mind that this was his primary threat. He would survive as long as his Gauntlet did, but if he was temporarily dispersed, there was no one to guard it except his apprentices, and Smiler didn't trust them to hold up these traitors until he reformed. It was time to go, to lead them onward, back into the corridors. With an effort, Smiler flung his will against the deadly barbarian female, but the she-gob wasn't about to be budged. She dug her feet in as the gearghost's will tried to fling them out from under her, sliding a few inches only. Smiler didn't care, though. He wanted to get away and he hoped he could limit those attacking him, but that didn't work. He flew towards the corridors, uncaring of the attacks leveled at his fleeing form by the two gobs within reach of him. Neither was able to land a blow and Smiler made it across the room. The fire caster and the Torch were too far away to be a worry, but close enough to be a problem if Smiler stuck around any longer. He knew what that Torch was, and who's power coursed through it.

    Gobs swung at the fleeing Smiler, but missed. He took heart that the flitting, fleeing creature also evaded Bubbisa's swing. Rushing across the room, Gobs tried to close with the tiny menace. The troupe had their enemy in sight and he didn't want to lose it. His rushed swing was wide, though, and the gearghost cackled madly at the miss.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . .____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . __ .|_ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . .| ._ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .________| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . N . . . . . . .O| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . . . . .G.| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |. . . .U. . . .N . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . .tS . . | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . . . B. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |__ ._V___.|. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | |.| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    . . . . | | |T| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | |___ . . . . . . . . | |. . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | | . . . |_________| |. . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | |___. ._________. | . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | | . . . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . | |____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . | | . . . |____ .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .__|N| . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . . |. . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H . .N_ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . H_ bZ.|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . b |. . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ._ . . .
    . . . . . | | . . . . . .| |. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|r|. .
    . . . . . | |_______| |________________________|r|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, r=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above,
    Z=sawblades, b=button, u=column with torch, t=Torch, H=Holes in Wall, N=Secret panel, O=Gearghost

    OoC
    Gearghost telekinetic toss vs Bubbisa, Will sv d20(15, you bitch!)+5(raging)=20, success, not tossed
    Bubbisa and Gobs A-o-O vs gearghost fleeing; Gobs d20(3)+4=7, miss, Bubbisa d20(6)+9=15, miss
    Gobs move action to pursue, standard to attack d20(3, again)+4=7, miss
    Sparky extra damage on d4(4)=11 fire damage, empowered to 16, but a nat 19 (DC16 save)on the save is 1/2 damage for 8
    Bubbisa, Strieg, Sparky and Gorvgo, you're up again!
    Last edited by SirIggy; 07-05-2017 at 02:50 PM.

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,330

    Default

    Bubissa snarled at the ghost as it seemed to be trying to escape. She moved with Gobs to the edge the hall where the undead was fleeing. Her axe hefted she again gave a mighty chop. Once more parts of the little undead creature spilled about the room. "DIE! DIE! DIE!" She screamed in her rage, spittle flew from her mouth as she had one thought... destroy this little meddler.

    OOC: Moving to the NE corner 1 square NW of Gobs, continue raging for another round.

    Standard to attack 1d20(13)+9= 22, another hit.

    Damage 1d10(6)+10= 16... -5 DR for 11 damage
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Gorvgo watched as his pledged Chieftess swung with all her burly might.
    "Oh yes," He thought to himself, "She would be worthy of My Lady Venklevore! She is a great warrior!"
    Gorvgo began chanting to himself and eyeing the gearghost as drool leaked down his chin. . .

    Ooc. Gorvgo will cast magic fang upon himself. And move up next to Bubbissa.

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Smiler's bits of trash and rubble were raining each time that horrid girl-goblin swung that axe. He reeled from her assault. The priest of Venkelvore laced himself with magics to turn his bite deadly. Even the trap-breaker was getting to be a pain. His sword was no stranger to Smiler, either. He knew what lurked within the bomber's bag and he knew there was power massing in this troupe, power he wanted only to lash out aagainst. It was this same power that had once doomed Smiler and all his brethren, after all.
    The she-gob's axe, the priest's slavering maw, the alchemist's blade, and still the firecaster and that traitor Striegboirk beyond the front three! Smiler smiled grimly and prepared for the worst the spellcasters could muster before he fled down the corridors. There was no way he would escape before they reacted again.

    OoC
    Gobs move action to pursue, standard to attack d20(3, again)+4=7, miss (as previously stated)
    Bubbisa's axe does 11 damage, Smiler still standing...er, floating.
    Minion moves up, casts Magic Fang. Drools as a free action.
    No need for a new map just yet.
    Strieg and Sparky you need to take your turns. This gearghost is still quite active and dangerous, despite Mastakilla Bubbisa.

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,028

    Default

    Sparkskar grinned as the flames spread more powerfully from his splayed out fingers than ever before. The torch was an artifact worthy of praise, no! - worship. He eyed the burning device warily, just for a moment, before licking his lips and flashing a toothy smile. "Good...good!"
    The gearghost managed to dart around them while Sparky was enraptured by his toy, and if not for Bubbisa's growl, he would have remained entranced by the flickering fire.

    Sparkskar turned on his heels and darted for the far wall, where he could bring the ectoplasmic mishmash of gears and parts into his aim, while simultaneously leaving his allies out. His fingers dipped into the pouch of sulfur inside his robes and he was already chanting before he removed his hand from his pocket. "Abi karan!"

    Sparky brushed his sulfur-covered fingers through the flame of the torch for just a moment before thrusting the hand forward, much like he had done with his spear earlier, but this time without the deadly stabber. Flames drawn from the torch alit upon his hands and were sent forth in a fiery beam that flew towards the gearghost.

      Spoiler: OOC 

    Moves 15' north to the far wall and casts Fire Jet

    As a standard action, you can send forth a 20-foot line of fire. Anyone in this line takes 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two wizard levels you possess. A successful Reflex save halves this damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 your wizard level + your Intelligence modifier. Creatures that fail their saving throw catch fire and take 1d6 points of fire damage on the following round. Creatures that catch fire can avoid this damage by taking a full-round action to extinguish the flames by making a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground gives a +2 circumstance bonus on the save. Dousing the creature with water automatically extinguishes the flame. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

    Damage
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    4,+01
    Total:5
    5+2 (Torch) = 7 total damage DC 15 save for half damage
    Not using the empower ability, so it should just increase the damage by 2, if I am understanding the item correctly.

    Sorry for the delay in posting. It has been a rough couple of weeks at work.

    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •