Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 343

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,028

    Default

    Sparkskar turned to witness the actions of his allies through the doorway across the hall. He made no move to step away from the small chamber he had been searching. It was better to let the others do the heavy lifting. From his place, he could see dead creatures linked in a timeless embrace, as if they had engaged in some right of passage, or perhaps a prayer before the last meal gone wrong. They were goblins mostly, and a bugbear. Sparkskar had the impression that the big dumb brute might have been the boss. His mouth made a popping sound as he sucked on his teeth in undisguised derision.

    Call it intuition, or maybe a sixth sense (or maybe the sound of proverbal dice clattering on an unseen table as the DM rolled initiative), but the young wizard felt wary of the situation. They had already tangled with the dead. Loads of them, the demon gods be cursed. It wasn’t unfathomable to consider that the gangly last supper might turn into another horde of creeping, clawing dead things.

    Sparky pressed his spear forward and took a defensive stance. He had already expended much of his energy in the previous fight. Thankfully, he still felt the fine cloak of protective energy about him. His defensive spell, like armor worn by a warrior, would guard his frame for a time.

    “Watch it! WATCH IT!” he shrieked, wondering where his broodling had gotten off to.



      Spoiler: OOC 


    Sparky takes a full defensive action.

    Last edited by Dalamar91; 03-15-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Chuffy had wandered off for quite some time. He'd picked his nose. He'd gone for a walk to walk off the pain of his scraping wound. He pondered and hissed at himself and hated and plotted alone. He'd stayed far behind the group and took extra care to stay quiet, even from his broodling.

    Now the charcoaled bugger was near.

    Watch it! Watch it!

    The voice of his broodling...

    OOC
    Sorry for the lapse just not enough post time something had to give! We be goblins and Chuffy be back! Put me on the map where you wish Bran (in the back) and I'll be ready to Huff and Puff and Chuf!
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,341

    Default

    Bubissa moved to the open door, axe still in hand, and looked in at the spectacle. "What go on in here? They look like other bone spelly caster. Maybe they come to life too!" Bubissa said wondering if it was smart to go into the room yet.

    OOC: Bubissa moves to doorway and looks around

    Perception check 1d20(18)+13= 31... 33 if related to sound
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    250

    Default

    The gobs still in the hallway felt the hairs under their armpits quiver. Supernatural forces were at work here! Sparky held his ground, wary as any wizard should be when the unknown is ready to strike. Bubbisa, ever the forward female, stepped to the door of the chamber. The dead bodies appeared to be gnawing on the flesh of their neighbor to the left, yet Gobs and Gorvgo took no notice! Gorvgo proceeded to ritually chant, waving his new skull around as he did so, and the flesh of the hobgoblin before him slid off even as the goblin corpse beside him gnawed away at it. The skeleton now revealed twitched and Gorvgo cackled in glee. Chuffy, no longer content to be wandering, had at last approached the group, quiet like death, only to encounter this dread feeling of unease. Not even Dogbreath heard Chuffy behind him.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. .G. .t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . . .t.t. . . . l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . .V.t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .-.-.l-.-.-.B.-...-.-l.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l. . . . . . . . . ..S.Sl. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .D. . . . . . . . ...S.S.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l.-.-..-..-.-.P -. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . l_ll. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l.O. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l.C. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    l=vertical wall, -/_=horizontal wall, D=door, S=statue
    G=Gobs, P=Sparky, B=Bubbisa, O=Dogbreath, V=Gorvgo
    C=Chuffy t=stone plinth banquet table

    OoC
    Sparky, no move, total defense
    Bubbisa, Perception 31 sees bodies gnawing on each other, will not be surprise by Haunt
    Gorvgo (per text convo), Know (rel) 23, knows he is now subject to a Haunt in the room, still casts lesser Animate Dead (he's staggered from eating undead)
    Chuffy, moves quietly to the back of the group, by Dogbreath
    Gobs, moves to the back to check out implements on wall
    Waiting for Dogbreath to post then I go.
    Last edited by SirIggy; 03-16-2017 at 03:18 PM.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Gorvgo watched in fascination as his chosen corpse, a hobgoblin, shed its mummified flesh, which sloughed to the floor messily and began to stand as a clean skeleton. It was then that the priest of the Rough Beast realized the predicament he was in: a haunt! As the spirits of the dead priests foundered into the afterlife, their spirit energy infested the room! Feasting on flesh in their final moments, they died mid-meal. Perhaps poisoned? No matter! Their residual anger and hate had manifested in this room. Phantom teeth gnashed and bit those in the room. Bubbisa watched from inches away as spirit maws attacked Gorvgo, Gobs and the newly formed skeleton, ripping flesh, gnawing bone and spraying blood everywhere.

    In the rear, Sparky watched as the haunt ran its course, chuckling to himself. He had been quite wise not to enter that room. Let the others bleed. He had better things to do. Chuffy, sneaking up behind Dogbreath, was seconds from dropping his hand onto the other gob's shoulder, hopefully startling him, when the statue at the end of the hall suddenly lowered it's left arm, as if he gestured for soldiers to charge. The purple-and-black flames shot out, straight into Dogbreath. His startled yelp was all that escaped him as the flames seemed to consume him, leaving behind only a fine red mist where he had been standing. Chuffy stared in horror. Had Dogbreath not been between him and the statue, it would likely have been him struck by the flames! He reeled back a step, sniffing cautiously before him. The smell reminded him of a dog's burning hair, a pleasant smell he had not expected. Startlingly, two very large paw prints remained where Dogbreath had been standing, as if burned into the floor.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. .G. .t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . . .t.t. . . . l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . .V.t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .-.-.l-.-.-.B.-...-.-l.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l. . . . . . . . . ..S.Sl. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .D. . . . . . . . ...S.S.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l.-.-..-..-.-.P -. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . l_ll. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .lpp. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l.C. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    l=vertical wall, -/_=horizontal wall, D=door, S=statue
    G=Gobs, P=Sparky, B=Bubbisa, pp=pawprints, V=Gorvgo
    C=Chuffy t=stone plinth banquet table

    OoC
    Dogbreath has a real-world life he would rather enjoy with a wonderful lady, so I'm gonna let him slip away for the moment; his replacement will be along shortly. Now, for the Haunt:
    Gorvgo and Gobs and the skeleton are the only ones in the haunt's area of effect. Bubbisa, you are just in the doorway, so it doesnt affect you. Each person takes 5d4 (12, ouch!) points of damage (I lowered it from 6 to 5 since Gorvgo eliminated a priest, so to speak, by raising the skeleton from its corpse) from biting teeth (that qualifies as bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage, for those of you {skeleton, I'm looking at you} with DR of some sort. Now that the haunt has 'expired' (it needs time to recharge it's spiritual energies to be a threat again, typically once a day or so) we are out of initiative. Back to random exploring, y'all!

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Gorvgo shrieked in glee at the sight of what he created!
    "Rabbi Hug!! You dids not tell Gorvgo this would be whats happened!!!" He kissed the painted skull and what would have been lips if there had been any there, "I knows you don't like public displays of affection." Gorvgo rolled his eyes at the skull puppet.
    His revelry was cut short as gnashing teeth bit heartily into him and his newly made skeleton.
    "NOOO!!!" Gorvgo cried. He sat down weeping and mumbling to the skull.

    OoC Gorvgo will spend a round crying at the loss of his new skeleton. Then will cast detect magic next turn.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Cursed rooms were never fun. Gobs yipped in alarm at the first bite into his hide, only now seeing the gnawing priests as their phantom bites tore into him. Spinning, Gobs saw Gorvgo, and his new "pet" skeleton were similarly being attacked by ghostly fangs and teeth. The skeleton wasn't made strongly enough to withstand the assault. Gnawing, biting teeth shattered bones and the skeleton collapsed into bone dust. Gorvgo wailed unhappily, obviously more upset by the skeleton's loss than the blood loss. Even as the necromantic energies of the room faded, Gorvgo wailed aloud to his hand-puppet skull, Rabbi Hug, "Now who will carry me?!?"
    The priest waved the skull on his hand despondently as he looked over the area, invoking his 'magic-sight' as Gobs liked to think of it.
    "Make sure no more surprises, Gorvgo. Ghost teeth hurts like real teeth!" Gobs left off his examination of the tools along the wall and wandered back into the hallway. "Ready when you is, Bubbisa." Gobs said suggestively as he squeezed past the big she-goblin. Pressed up against her in the doorway, Gobs enjoyed the feel of her strong frame and bulging muscles smooshed up against his rangy form. Slipping into the hallway, Gobs approached the door at the end of the hall. Checking it over, he found neither traps or locks to delay him. Hearing only silence as he listened at the door, Gobs was not surprised when he opened the door and found a set of stairs leading down.
    "Brambleclaws! We can go deeper. Do we go on? Or do we stop to rest? Sparkskar has cast many spells. And brother Gorvgo's...new friend... makes me think he should rest a moment as well. I would go deeper yet, to find a place to rest. Other gobs got something to say?"

    OoC
    Perception check on door to check for traps d20(16)+8=24, success, no traps; perception check to listen at door d20(11)+7=18, nothing to hear
    Gobs saw a lot of arcane fire tossed out back against the bone priest, and Gorvgo seems to be insane as far as Gobs can tell. Do y'all wanna rest? Gobs still has all his elixirs, bombs and mutagen, so he's good to keep going...
    Last edited by SirIggy; 04-02-2017 at 01:43 PM.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,028

    Default

    Sparkskar cringed at the unbridled assault against his fellows. Flesh was ripped, blood was spilled, and painful cries tore through the chamber. His grip on the spear shaft tightened to knuckle-white, and his bloodshot eyes darted about in a frantic dance of fear and loathing. He heard movement to his right and the statue unleashed a hellish blast down the other hallway, disintegrating another ally, but he did not see the effects of its fury. All the elementalist knew was, the world had turned against them.

    Many things he could be called. Cunning, calculating, devious, and small were a few words that described the goblin well. Courageous however, was not a term best used for Sparkskar Brambleclaw. His knees quaked and the gob stepped backwards, slipping into the tiny closet-like chamber and standing his spear upright so he could hide from the statue – the most dangerous threat in his logical estimation. He could still see into the room where some of his allies were being massacred, at least that was his early impression, but he figured he could fend off a ghostly maw more easily than a beam of hellish power from the gods knew what that statue was.

    Moments passed without incident. He could hear whining and crying, stumbling and scrambling as the gobs collected their thoughts. Blood scent was thick in the air, urine and bile filled his nostrils, some of which may have been his own, and he remained stiff like a goblin statue in his little corner.

    Soon Gobs was moving about, and the threat seemed to be neutralized. No beams struck him down, so the statue must have returned to suspended animation. Perhaps the threat was gone? Gobs asked if they wanted to press on or get some rest. Sparky’s ears perked at that. He leaped from the closet and gestured away from the door Gobs had peered into.

    “Back to the big chamber! We rest. Yes! Sleep, sleep to prepare spells! Sleep, to clean wounds. To eat!” His voice was borderline frantic, but he did not care. Valor had little meaning to the gob, and what was self-respect in the face of continued existence? Yes, rest would do them all well, and one day, when he could wield the power of the ancients, then he could find his courage.

    He didn’t bother to wait for the others. Sparky moved with all haste to the larger chamber with thoughts of nothing but study and sleep on the mind.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,341

    Default

    Coward. Bubissa thought as she watched Sparkscar run the way they came. How two brothers so different? Her eyes went to Chuffy and a devilish smile slowly appeared on her face. "We rest if you want, but me will go see if anything behind other door first..." She said as she walked toward the far door and listened to see if anything creeped behind it. If she heard something they could at least prepare while they rested.

    OOC: Go and listen at far door. 1d20(10)+15 (noise based)= 25
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    250

    Default

    "We rest if you want, but me will go see if anything behind other door first..." Bubbisa said as she walked toward the far door and listened to see if anything creeped behind it. Gobs was shouldered aside by Bubbisa, who pressed her shapely giant ear against the door and stilled her breathing.
    There was the soft sigh of a little bit of airflow, wind against stone, a cut in the rock. Perhaps a tunnel, perhaps steps or even a sheer dropping tube descending or ascending. Bubbisa knew only that she could hear the air moving in a 'tight space'. It wasn't a large open area beyond, that was for sure.
    Gobs watched the she-gob inhale deeply as she leaned back away from the door. What glorious deep breaths she took. If Bubbisa was glaring at Gobs for leering, he didn't see it. The alchemist was focused on respiration. He watched to see how Chuffy and Gorvgo decided, but whispered to Bubbisa. "Whatever's beyond the door, I'm still with you. There's more to this Zogruin than we've seen." He pulled his short sword half out of it's sheath and nodded at her grimly, ready for action. The strange dull metal shimmered weirdly in the light cast by the flaming statue's purple-black flames.

    Gorvgo and Chuffy watched as an exhausted Sparky marched back to the relative safety of the chamber beyond the Barghest Door. The gob firecaster was intent on rest and spell recuperation before further exploration. As Sparky passed Chuffy and re-entered the shattered temple, there was a tremendous crash! Dust and debris rained down into the temple, leaving choking clouds of dust throughout the room that hampered vision. Amid the settling rubble, a fat rat slipped from the rocks and appeared in front of Sparky, studiously ignoring the wizard as it sniffed for any random bits of food to be found nearby. The groan of some creature resounded from within the cloud of settling dust. As the room began to clear, the rat returned towards the center of the room, where it became increasingly apparent a ceiling collapse was the reason for the demolishing cave-in. The rat paused atop an odd bit of rubble, which suddenly began to move as the unseen creature groaned again and stood!

    Standing raggedly among the rubble and dust, just under one of the illusory barghests, was a short, dust-covered creature, goblin-sized and oddly smooth-skinned. A strange bluish cast to its skin bled through the dust covering it, dyeing the grey a bit more blue. Reeking odor wafted from its immediate surroundings. It coughed, swaying on its legs. The rat appeared to urinate on its foot.

    Hearing the crash, Gobs leapt back to the turn of the hallway. Peering into the dust cloud, he determined his comrades weren't in any danger and, satisfied thus, he sauntered back to Bubbisa beside the door. "They're all fine; now there's a cave-in behind us. Wanna open this door and see what's on the other side?" Gobs pulled his sword completely free and laid his hand upon the handle.


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . . .t.t. . . . l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . . .t.t. . . . l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . .V.t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .-.-.l-.-.-. .-.. .-.-l.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l.G. . . . . . . . ..S.Sl. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .DB . . . . . . . ...S.Sl. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l.-.-..-..-.-. -. . . .. l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . l_ll. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .lpp. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l.C. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    _____________l. .P. .l_ _________________
    .F.F. . . . . . . . . . . .d. . . . . . . . . . . . . .F.F.
    .F.F. . . . . . . . . . . . .d. . . . . . . . . . . . .F.F. .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .d. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .A. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .^.^.^.^. . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .^.^.K.^.^. . . . . . . . . . . .
    .P.P. . .P.P. . .P.P. . .P.P.^.^P.P. . .P.P. . .P.P. . . .
    .P.P. . .P.P. . .P.P. . .P.P.^. .P.P. . .P.P. . .P.P. . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . .X. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    l=vertical wall, -/_=horizontal wall, D=door, S=statue
    G=Gobs, P=Sparky, B=Bubbisa, pp=pawprints, V=Gorvgo
    C=Chuffy t=stone plinth banquet table ^= difficult terrain from the cave-in
    K=StreigBoirk d=open Barghest Door P=Pillars with Barghest faces
    F=burning braziers

    OoC
    Gobs is ok with some further solo-ish adventuring if Bubbisa is. They don't have to go far, but they can...
    Ceiling collapse does no harm to anyone, except the creature in the dust, who already took this damage

    Last edited by SirIggy; 04-06-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •