Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 330

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    The shaman and elementalist appeared to be working well together. There was a sort of comradery forming that he had only shared with one other, and Sparkskar was not exactly opposed to it. The goblin knew that they only chance he had to steal a Lich's staff was to have a strong and loyal army. The gods knew it too, and though Striegboirk didn't appear to remember all that was useful, he was still turning out to be of use.

    They finished searching the hallway to its extent before it seemed to cut in opposing right angles, no doubt littered with traps and other such complications. Sparky shot a glance at the fat rat and considered sending it forward to trip the wires, as it were, but such a thing would likely upset the blue goblin, and there was the fact that, though fat, the rat was too small to set off some traps. Then it occurred to him...

    "Wait...WAIT! Strieg, I'm going to help things."

    The invisibility spell was turning out to be a wonderful thing, no doubt, but as Sparkskar attempted to review the multitude of scroll cases that were haphazardly strapped, buckled, and pinned to his robes, he realized just how inconvenient being invisible could be. But he was not without his smarts. The elementalist had a very good memory so it only took a few tries to find the appropriate case and extract the scroll he had in mind.

    "Hold this..." he gestured so an unfurled scroll suddenly appeared in Strieg's hand. "Hold it so I can read it."

    Strieg (assuming he complies) held the scroll aloft and Sparkskar began to read it aloud. The goblin chanted and swayed - invisibly so, but no less spidery as his nobby legs kicked and danced - and the scroll burned away with the power that had infused it. Then it appeared. Sparkskar had gestured behind Strieg, and though the shaman would not have seen such a movement, he did smell its effects. Behind him a bloody human skeleton materialized as if it had been there all along. Grotesque and disheveled, the unfortunate creature's jaw lolled and its vacant eyes seemed to bored into Strieg's back, or perhaps it was eyeing up the rat.

    "Go. Lead us forward!" Sparkskar risked to speak aloud again, but with good cause. The skeleton would suffer in their place and give them at least a small warning before the ancients punished them for their trespass.

      Spoiler: OOC 


    Sparky uses his scroll of Summon Monster I. Summons a Bloody Human Skeleton, and once it is fully summoned he'll order it down the left-side hallway. I realize this is a bit more than a one-round action, so if you need to cut off the order. I'll hold until you're ready for him to act again.

    I believe we can move in the same marching order down the left, if you're good for it my blue-skinned buddy? Operation meat shield at its fullest.

    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,474

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Sparky and Strieg preferred to let others do their bleeding for them, and it was prudence like that that kept them alive. As the bloody skeleton marched down the hall, it tripped something at the left turn. Giant saw blades sprang from the walls, lashing at the skeleton but doing little against the scarlet-stained bones. It turned the corner and continued out of sight. Strieg and Slurry continued in its wake, carefully scanning to see where the trigger for those saw blades was located. Sure enough, they found one. Slurry's whiskers detected a slight gradient to the tiles just before the left turn. But Strieg's discovery was perhaps even better. Just before the turn, along the wall at waist height for a hobgoblin or shoulder height for a goblin, was a small, inset panel in the wall.

    Gobs waited for the last of the healing draught to drain down his throat, listening to Sparky's commentary on the nothing they had found so far. "Bubbisa, me wanna follow tracks. Didn't see our foe go that way...but... Tracks!" Gobs pointed excitedly at the right hand passage and its dusty trail of tiny footprints. Before she could answer, Sparky said something through the mind-link about his skeleton setting off a saw blade. Gobs screwed his face up, wondering what the wizard was talking about now.

    Gorvgo, now no longer alone at the front, stepped aside while the she-gob and her daredevil partner made up their minds as to which tunnel they would follow now. As for the priest, he would likely just follow in their wake.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . VB|___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | |_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |____. .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . .___ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . ._.Z|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . | .|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _ . . .
    . . . . . | .| . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|p|. .
    . . . . . | .|_______| |________________________|p|. .
    . . . . . |LT_S_____ . . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, H=be-gemmed statue, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended,
    p=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above, Z=sawblades

    OoC
    Sparky, summon works out just fine with Gobs and Co pausing anyway.
    Strieg, applying Perception 25 with aid (total 27) to this stretch of corridor instead of the previous one; success, finds a secret panel and the trigger for the saw blades. They (saw blades) attack anyone who rounds the corner. No way to go around the corner without triggering them.
    Three saw blades attack skeleton d20(5,6,15)+8=13,13,23; pretty sure its only one hit dmg 1d8(3)+3-5(skeleton DR? its your skelly, Sparky, you tell me)=1 slashing damage

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Gorvgo looked to see the tracks that Gobs was talking about. Looking down the corridor ahead of them. He then realized the other goblins were not there.
    "Where Blue Skin at? And Fireman at?" he asked "Abd what about Fireman brother? They dead to?" Gorvgo shrugged his shoulders and started to walk ahead of Gobs. The glare from Gobs eyes and the sheen of Bubbisa's blade made Girvgo pause. Perhaps it would be more prudent to see what they would want to do first. After all, Gorvgo wasnt crazy or anything… Instead he pulled out Rabbi Hug and began mumblin to him in abyssal/goblin abiut Hungry Barghests and pickles.

    Ooc Gorvgo will hold action and follow Bubissa and Gobs

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    The hallway shrieked with the sound of blades sawing into bone. Sparkskar cringed from the offensive sound, but he had to admit it was a whole lot better than having those sharp blades biting into his flesh. The bloody skeleton was serving its purpose well. Strieg studied the wall while Sparky gave the same focus to the whirling blades. Somewhere below their knees the rat scampered and the skeleton remained still as death, swaying just beyond the reach of the saw blades.

    Sparky chewed on one his nails while his bloodshot eyes darted from the skeleton to the wall, and back to the skeleton. Then an idea popped into his head, along with a bit of euphoria courtesy of his mushrooms. The wizard poked the shaman in the back and whispered through the magic link.

    "Watch the blades. If dead humey steps forward the blades will pop out. Then they will retract...er, go back. When they start going back, you rush by. I think we can avoid the metal teeth that way. You try, then Sparkskar will do the same. Ok?"


      Spoiler: OOC 


    Going off the assumption that the blades won't spring back out while retracting, I think this plan has potential. If Strieg is not willing to give it a try, Sparky will.

    So to break it down, the skeleton will step into the trigger area and then back up to make room for one of the gobs to run by.

    Confirmation of skeleton damage reduction: 5/bludgeoning

    HP for the skeleton Roll(1d8)+0:
    4,+2
    Total:6
    Last edited by Dalamar91; 05-16-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    "Wait, unseen one. Striegboirk found something. Striegboirk thinks this is a hiding door."

    Striegboirk pointed and traced the seem, without touching it, as Striegboirk searched it for dangerous death making things.

    "Can you see if there is magicky juju?"

    OOC
    Search for trappy type things
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    15,+8
    Total:23 +2(from Slurry)

    Slurry's Perception to Aid
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    6,+8
    Total:14

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    246

    Default

    "Wait, unseen one. Striegboirk found something. Striegboirk thinks this is a hiding door."

    Striegboirk pointed and traced the seem, without touching it, as Striegboirk searched it for dangerous death making things.

    "Can you see if there is magicky juju?"
    Striegoirk sniffed around the secret panel, detecting nothing. Nor did Slurry. Standing on her back legs she barely reached the hidden seam Strieg was even now tracing with his finger. No unseen wires or buttons stuck out precipitously. No etched runes of magic protected it so far as Strieg could feel or Sparky could see. It had a single, small indentation, just the right size to fit a finger into comfortably, and felt as if it would give. The small panel didn't seem to be locked. By every account there seemed to indicate this was an easily accessed, if well-hidden, niche beside a very deadly trap.

    Gobs reasoned with Bubbisa, voicing his ideas and waiting to hear hers. She was proving to be a very capable warleader, and Gobs was learning to trust her instincts. "Bubbisa, you go in front, keep alert for traps and tricks and enemies. I come next,and if you see trap, I take care of it. Gorvgo come last." Here, Gobs paused to look at the priest. "Don't. Touch. Anything." Returning his gaze to Bubbisa, Gobs continued "Follow tracks back to enemy lair. Kill it." Settling his eyes again on Gorvgo, Gobs finished. "Then, you eat it."
    Gobs waited for a reply as Gorvgo chimed in with "Where Blue Skin at? And Fireman at? And what about Fireman brother? They dead to?" Gobs paused, thinking that he hadn't heard much from Sparky and Streig lately, except something about a skeleton. Suddenly a little worried, Gobs scrunched up his face and thought loudly to Sparky "SPARKY! YOU STILL ALIVE? WHERE STREIG? WHERE CHUFFY? NEED HELP CROSSING PIT?"


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . VB|___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | |_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |____. .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .___. . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . .|. . . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . .|__ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |___K.Z|. . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . |L.|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ._ . . .
    . . . . . |T.| . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |r|. .
    . . . . . |S.|_______| |________________________|r|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, r=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above,
    Z=sawblades, K=Skeleton

    OoC
    Gobs checks in, loudly, with Sparky and Strieg. Waiting for Bubbisa's input, word from the others. Gorvgo gnaws on a pickled spider. Rabbi Hug intones a liturgy of the faith, which doubles as a recipe for boiled toad heads over cured humanoid intestines
    Strieg, the little door in the wall is perhaps 6"tallx4"wide. It doesn't appear to be locked or trapped (based on your 25 (23+2 aid from Slurry) perception) Sparky, skeleton now has 5 hp. What is the AC? If he is used to trigger the trap, I need to know what I am attacking to see if he gets hit enough to be destroyed before everyone passes it or anything.
    Last edited by SirIggy; 05-16-2017 at 02:44 PM.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    "SPARKY! YOU STILL ALIVE? WHERE STREIG? WHERE CHUFFY? NEED HELP CROSSING PIT?"

    "Strieg found a door. Something secret. May be a path that has no teeth or darts." Sparky imparted through the message spell in response.

    In truth, he wasn't sure what to do. A big part of his mind wished to rejoin the others, if for no other reason than to regroup the party. They had a better chance with numbers, but then again, they sure made a bigger target when clustered together like roaches. Decisions...

    He poked his invisible head around the shaman's shoulder to get a look at the door before whispering to Strieg directly.

    "Door, or go find them? What do you think?"

    Then another thought occurred to him. If he didn't make a decision, how could he one day become chief. A proper chief made decisions. He didn't let others make decisions for him. Sparkskar clucked his tongue and gestured to the door uselessly. (He forgot Strieg couldn't see him)

      Spoiler: OOC 

    Keeping the Skeleton from going forward for now. The door has promise

    NE Medium undead
    Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0

    Defense

    AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +2 Dex, +2 natural)
    hp 6 (1d8+2); fast healing 1
    Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
    Defensive Abilities channel resistance +4, deathless; DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits

    Offense

    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee broken scimitar +0 (1d6), claw –3 (1d4+1) or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)

    Statistics

    Str 15, Dex 14, Con —, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
    Feats Improved InitiativeB
    Gear broken chain shirt, broken scimitar
    Last edited by Dalamar91; 05-16-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Striegboirk told her to back off and waited for Slurry to get clear. Striegboirk then took Striegboirk's finger out of his nose, admired the huge booger, and pressed the button. Striegboirk winced and waited for an explosion or jet of acid or sawblades or a pit to open up under Striegboirk.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Striegboirk waited until Slurry got clear. It was hard work going to the Spirit Realms for a Spirit Animal. Plus, Strieg was out of the right mushrooms for a trip. Maybe Sparky would share some of his...
    Striegboirk slid open the small panel and within was a button. He hesitated only a moment, removing an impressive booger and pressing it firmly against the button. As he withdrew his digit, the boogie stayed, connected to Strieg's finger by a long streamer of snot. Once the button was depressed, a faint clank echoed from within the nearby walls. Nothing else happened. No secret doors opened, no traps went off, nor alarms neither. The anti-climax of the button was quite the let-down after the threat of potentially dooming themselves, at least for Sparky and Strieg. The others knew only that there was a door with a button within and the spellcasters were going to touch it.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . VB|___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | |_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |____. .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . .___. . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . .|. . . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . | . .|__ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . |___K.Z|. . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . b .|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _ . . .
    . . . . . |T.| . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|r|. .
    . . . . . |L.|_______| |________________________|r|. .
    . . . . . |S________ . . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, r=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above,
    Z=sawblades, K=Skeleton, b=button

    OoC
    Strieg and Sparky detected no traps or alarms going off, nor did a secret door open anywhere they might be able to notice. But something definitely happened.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •