Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 330

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    246

    Default

    "How goes the middle path? Should we join you or keep going?" Sparky sent the thought out to the others. From Gobs there was no response. It was almost as if he was unconscious and no longer truly sharing the link. No answers surged back to him.

    Sparky's magical sight was nearly overwhelmed with the sorcerous energies emanating from the paw prints. No less powerful than the kind that had consumed Dogbreath in the hallway above. Waves of power flowed from them, fading slowly but still quite powerful. The pedestal showed no magic whatsoever.

    Gorvgo chewed contentedly on the ear of Gobs, relishing the flavors. Rabbi Hug cackled gleefully in the back of his mind, content with Gorvgo's practice of the faith. The flames still blocked Bubbisa from passing into the room, and the darts had ceased their murderous flight. It then occurred to Gorvgo that he had not seen their enemy and now he was alone. At the front. Who was this diabolical creature that seeded this whole Gauntlet with traps and perils? Soon, perhaps, Gorvgo would find out.

    Strieg stared at the pedestal where a statue should go. He and Slurry were both cautious here, knowing a mis-step could easily be deadly. Yet those paw prints were not evaporating away. And if there had truly been a splash, where were the rest of the wet spots? Further, what manner of beast would deign to live in the Gauntlet? Not even goblins wanted that much risk in finding a safe place to call home. Strieg pondered his situation while waiting for the words of the others telling him what was happening down the middle path.

    Bubbisa watched as the priest walked through the flames with barely a burn to mark his passage. Smoke billowing from his patchy robes showed they were singed, but nothing more. He indeed had powerful anti-flame magics! Yet no sooner had Gorvgo entered than he set off yet another trap, filling the room with darts. As Gorvgo dodged and ducked, she heard Gobs screaming in agony. Several darts had managed to hit him as he lay prone and unsuspecting. A large one had struck him in the neck and blood poured forth from it. "Gorvgo, stop moving! Getting Gobs killed!" Gobs cried out. He pawed free a vial from his belt, but passed out before he managed to get it to his lips. Before she could react to this, Bubbisa watched as little Gorvgo fell on Gobs, a sick gleam in his eye. Even as the little priest groped for the vial, bringing it to upend into Gobs' slack mouth, he was gnawing through the cartilage of Gobs ear, separating it from his head in a gout of more blood. Gorvgo's crimson grin was feral. Had he filed his teeth?

    OoC
    Sparky and Strieg have found no secrets in the hallway with the steps going back upstairs. Take a chance and turn a corner. I just want to entrap you!; Gorvgo had "lunch" with Gobs, who got stuck with the check as it were, again (it cost him an ear and a finger instead of an arm and a leg!); Bubbisa, goblins be crazy all around you! Whatcha gonna do?
    Last edited by SirIggy; 05-11-2017 at 10:31 PM.

  2. #232
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    As Gorvgo licked the last of the blood off of his fingers he tipped the cure light wounds into Gobs mouth. "Whatcha waiting for Bubissa?"Gorvgo called to the barbarian. The strange little priest began chanting in abyssal and some strange barks and growls he assumed sounded luke barghest in a prayer to Venklevore in thanks for this meal that was given him
    Ooc 1d8 (7!+?) cure to gobs

  3. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,327

    Default

    Bubissa watched through the flames as Gorvgo gnawed on Gobs ear and that was all she could take. She darted through the flames and yanked Gorvgo off of Gobs just after he fed him the vial, she held him tight looking at the blood that dripped down his face. With her singed visage she gritted her teeth and quietly spoke to Gorvgo. "Me need all goblins in tip top shape to kill the lich. You eating all goblins not helping. Do it again and me kill you and take your precious Rabbi Hug for me. No. More. Eating. Goblins." She let him go and looked at gobs. "You okay? Let go find what trying to kill us..." She looked at Gorvgo. "... you eat that when we kill it." She smiled and looked around for the trap that had been sprung or others.

    OOC: Perception check around the room 1d20(10)+13= 23
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #234
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    A small trickle of piss flowed out from beneath Gorvgo's robes and a faint smell of **** filled the air…

  5. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Gobs coughed and spluttered as Gorvgo drained the vial into his throat. A surge of muscle flew past him and he watched as Bubbisa snagged the priest and pulled him away from Gorvgo. Gobs felt... different. Sounds were muted on his right side. Something was wrong. He struggled to stand as Bubbisa faced off with Gorvgo.
    "Me need all goblins in tip top shape to kill the lich. You eating all goblins not helping. Do it again and me kill you and take your precious Rabbi Hug for me. No. More. Eating. Goblins."She let him go and looked at Gobs. "You okay? Let's go find what trying to kill us..." She looked at Gorvgo. "... you eat that when we kill it." She smiled and looked around for the trap that had been sprung or others. She saw the tile that had set off the dart storm, slightly depressed still, beside Gorvgo's left foot. There didn't seem to be any further traps in the little room. Footprints in dust led away one direction, and a mysteriously clean and dust-free floor led in the other.
    "How goes the middle path? Should we join you or keep going?" Sparky sent through the mind link he had conjured. Gobs thought out a response as he stood and fumbled for another vial to treat his wounds. "Our quarry escaped us. This path is deadly. Tread carefully...everywhere. What is that stink?" He sniffed at Gorvgo as he ran a hand across the very smooth right side of his head. Looking at Bubbisa and Gobs he spoke aloud. "Did I lose an ear to the darts?" Gobs eyes scanned the floor, looking for his missing ear, or shreds of it at least.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . VB|___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f|_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |____. | . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _ . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|p|. .
    . . . . . | .|_______| |________________________|p|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . . ____________________S_TL_| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, H=be-gemmed statue, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, f=flames
    p=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above

    OoC
    Gobs vial of healing 1d8(7)+1=8. Yes, bleed stopped and he's conscious!
    Bubbisa fire damage 3d4(4,4,2)=10 fire damage (ouch), Reflex save to not catch on fire d20(17)+4=21, success, does not catch on fire
    Bubbisa Perception 23, sees the trap trigger in this room and it appears to be the only trap there.
    Gobs' perception to find ear d20(12)+7= 19; of course he doesnt find it.



    Last edited by SirIggy; 05-12-2017 at 01:38 PM.

  6. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    "Strieg. We should follow the others. Unless you can find the safe path, there is only pain and death for us. We can follow them and let them spring the traps...let them take the pain before we fight the wretches who skulk in the dark." Sparkskar whispered through the arcane link to his nearby associate. He did not wish to risk being heard by any creatures that might be nearby. Alive or undead, there were no friends in the ruins of old Zog.

    "Do you remember, Strieg? Is the way ahead of us, or is it behind us?" Simple questions, both, but it was becoming painfully clear that neither would be answered easily. As the wizard studied his newfound ally he wondered if Strigboirk was in fact truly a relic of ages past. Did the shaman come from a time of lost goblin heroes, or was he a fraud whose tongue needed to be cut from his lying mouth and fed to the maniac cultist of the pathetic Devourer? Time would tell...

    Sparkskar refreshed the enchantment so his eyes would continue to adjust and perceive the spectrum of magical light and color. He would continue to follow Strieg, a safe distance behind, and offer up support where it was needed. With luck, and perhaps the will of one god or another, they'd find a path of least resistance. Sparky waved an invisible hand before his eyes and delighted in the fact that his spell persisted.

      Spoiler: OOC 


    Moving in Strieg's wake, like before. 10' behind the shaman at all times, whichever path he chooses. Sparky will lend his eyes to support the cause, though he is seeking magic above all others. If he sees anything untoward, he will warn Strieg through the message spell.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  7. #237
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    "For the lady Venklevore me eats ur ear Gobs," Gorvgo told the now one eared goblin solemnly. He said in such a way that only a priest can when talking to one in his congregation.
    "For her we must all make a sacrifice."
    Then with a crazy look in his eyes he mumbles in a an abyssal mixed w barks and pulls out his wicked bone knife cuts himself across his arm and starts staring blankly around the room.

    Ooc. Gorvgo deals 1 point of dmg to himself w the flagellant abulity and casts detect magic to see if there is anything glowing in the room. Perception d20 (8 + 4= 12)

  8. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    246

    Default

    "For the lady Venklevore me eats ur ear Gobs, For her we must all make a sacrifice."Gorvgo's solemnity in the moment astounded Gobs for all of that moment. Then, he drew his blade.
    "This is the blade of Zog. I swear by this blade the next piece of me you carve off, it carve out your eye" Gobs laid the cold blade against Gorvgo's cheek under his right eye. "Feed Venkelvore with enemies. Unless you my enemy?" Gobs glared at Gorvgo a moment longer before drawing and drinking another potion as he stowed his sword. He thought to Sparky."You and Striegboirk find secret path?" And then, abruptly, the fires he had triggered and Bubbisa had rushed through to save him, and Gorvgo had very nearly completely ignored, went out.

    Gorvgo's magical gestures enhanced his sight, much as Sparky was doing behind them. He scanned the area, seeing no magical residues except those carried by him and his companions. Gobs' claim that he wielded the sword of Zog was curious, until Gorvgo's magic-detecting eyes washed over it. The sword glowed in the same black-purple and a series of strange skulls danced around in the area near the blade, tiny and ethereal.

    Sparky's intriguing invisibility was beginning to lose its initial appeal. While it was a new level of power, it had yet to be tested. Still, new level of power...Sparky trailed behind Strieg as the blue goblin struggled to make up his mind about what to do next, where else to look for the safe paths. Neither had ventured close to the empty pedestal, nor had they checked what was around the far corner, the left-hand path. Gobs seemed to be recovered from whatever had silenced him and his warnings were less than re-assuring.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . VB|___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | |_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |____. .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _ . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|p|. .
    . . . . . | .|_______| |________________________|p|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . . ____________________S_TL_| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, H=be-gemmed statue, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended,
    p=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above

    OoC
    Gobs drinks his Cure Mod (CL7), 2d8(2,6)+7=15 healing. Looking good now!
    Gorvgo casts Detect Magic, detects presence of magic among allies, free action to wet himself from Bubbisa's intimidation
    Bubbisa, free action to be badass and intimidating, success!
    Sparky renews Detect Magic, hangs out invisibly, and unharmed, in the hall with Strieg
    Strieg and Slurry: probably working too much to post recently, but we look forward to the next one, free action to wonder where safe paths are located

  9. #239
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Striegboirk didn't like the look of those strange pawprints. Maybe Striegboirk was cautious. Maybe Striegboirk was a coward, but it had kept Striegboirk alive up until now.

    Striegboirk whispered to Sparky, "Other way."

    Striegboirk headed back the way Striegboirk came from. Striegboirk passed the stairs and searched for secret doors and traps in the hallway that Striegboirk hadn't explored before.

    OOC
    head west
    Strieg's perception
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    17,+8
    Total:25


    Slurry's perception
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    4,+8
    Total:12

  10. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Strieg looked high. Strieg looked low. Nothing in this hallway was anything but what it seemed:2 solid walls, a solid floor and a solid ceiling. Having never ventured out of the hallway abutting the steps, Strieg was certain of one thing in life. There were NO secret doors or panels or hidden triggers or anything remotely like a trap or a hidden door. It seemed that Strieg, and by default Sparky, would be forced to leave the apparent safety of the exiting hallway and, turning a corner, venture down another hallway. Glancing around this corner, one saw only more corridor before it turned left after a short distance.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . VB|___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . | |_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |____. .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . .___ . . . . . .|P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . ._. .|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . | .|. . . . . .| | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _ . . .
    . . . . . | .| . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|p|. .
    . . . . . | .|_______| |________________________|p|. .
    . . . . . |LT_S_____ . . _________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, H=be-gemmed statue, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended,
    p=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above

    OoC
    Perception 27 (Slurry aids) finds nothing. There is NOTHING to find in this stretch of corridor. NOTHING. Goblins are certain of this. Actually going around a corner on either end of this corridor would entail a new perception check for that new, un-searched area. Are you risking running into a trap? Yes. Is there definitely a trap? Noop. Do you still get a perception to notice the (non-magical) trap before it springs? Yes. Turn the corner, Strieg and Sparky. Its a whole new world. With traps. Or join your fellows and let them stay in front and spring the traps there for you. But there is no point to searching any more in this hallway. Really.
    Last edited by SirIggy; 05-15-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •