Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 277

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Sparky was ever in wonder as to how silly other gobs could be. But this dungeon was no place for it. Chuffy's solo exploration was Chuffy's business, but Sparky hoped his idjit brother wasn't careless and got hurt. Turning from contemplating the foolishness of his companions, Sparky watched the blue gob grope and peer, looking for a secret door that, apparently, wasn't there. Perhaps this fool was just that? A fool who knew nothing of this place after all? Sparky didn't have all day to wait for the others to get them out of here. There was a mission, to destroy another goblin tribe, as the chief had requested. And those gobbies had staves! Sparky knew that some of the most powerful magic items were staves. He couldn't wait to lay hands on them. Then, the others would see his true power.
    Sparky paused in his happy contemplation, envisioning himself shooting flames from a staff at all his rivals and enemies. Despite the happiness that scene brought him, Sparky was still getting nowhere. Perhaps magic was involved? Sparky himself was using illusion to make himself not seen. Perhaps these secret doors were similarly cloaked? Discovery was easy. Sparky conjured up a minor incantation, one of his weakest, to allow his eyes to see magical auras. He noticed a few pieces of magic carried by the blue gob, and of course those magic tidbits he himself had gathered over the years. No other residues were detected until Sparky turned towards the direction where Chuffy had disappeared.
    Black-purple streamers of power floated from around that corner to Sparky's enhanced vision. Something very powerful had happened down there. The residue of magic was fading, but since it occurred only moments before, the power left behind a resonance, an image burned into Sparky's magical sight.

    OoC
    Sparky, your detect magic detects magic from you and Strieg and from the corner where Chuffy disappeared. The corner is easily the most powerful effect, but its fading

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Sparkskar's eyes widened as he took note of the magical baubles on Strieg's person. What ancient secrets did he keep? What glory could be taken from his still-warm corpse? His attention was turned from such thoughts as he took note of the fading signs of latent magic near where his broodling had vanished. Curious...

    It occurred to the wizard that they had not gotten very far. Split up as they were, they were no match for an organized enemy force. There were goblins waiting for them out there. Goblins who needed to die!

    "Striegboirk. Think, THINK! You can find a path for us all. Remember... Do it! Do what you are here to do." Sparky whispered through the connection of their spell. He was not willing to forfeit the illusory magic that obscured him. The damned gods knew who was watching. Let all communication be silent from this point forward.

    Some part of him wanted to check on Chuffy. His brother might be in serious danger, or worse, but there was too much danger about, and his best chance at survival was wrapped in blue-tinted flesh and stood before him. No. Chuffy would need to fend for himself, for now.

      Spoiler: OOC 

    Aid another on Perception checks, assuming Strieg will continue to search one direction or another.
    Roll(1d20)+6:
    3,+6
    Total:9

    Never mind lol

    Move action to follow behind the shaman about 10' back, remaining quite invisible.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Gorvgo watched Bubissa as she stalled at the fire burning.

    "Fire no hurt me Bubissa!" He proclaimed proudly, "You see the switch to turn these off?"

    Gorvgo pulled Rabbi Hug out of his pouch and the two peered around the hall looking for a way to turn off the fire so that the barbarian can keep moving forward without any undo harm.

    "You see anything Rabbi Hug? You used to live here, where the switch at? . . Tell me!!"
    The odd little goblin will mumble and curse as if in a fight with the hobgoblin skull. "Me knows you knows. Just tells me!"

    Ooc

    d20 perception to look for a switch to turn off the fire (16+4=20)
    If there is one he will go to turn it off. Has res 5 fire right now.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    219

    Default

    "You see anything Rabbi Hug? You used to live here, where the switch at? . . Tell me!! Me knows you knows. Just tells me!" Gorvgo railed at the skull on his hand, determined to get answers. He didn't like the one he got.

    "Whether I speak or stay silent, your threats and shouts have no effect. This is the Gauntlet. I was a priest, not an architect or trapmaster. You are on your own. Aren't you hungry yet?"

    Rabbi Hug was useless. Gorvgo scanned the area looking for a switch, a lever, a hidden panel. He found nothing. The flames were firing away, blocking further passage as they cloaked the way forward in flames.

    Behind the group,, Sparky and Strieg stayed close to the stairs the troupe had descended a few moments before, carefully scanning the area. They sought to use the secret, safe path to traverse this floor. But they were having no luck. As far forward as the pit before them, and for not a few paces to either side of the door, the pair diligently searched. Yet nothing new was found. The way forward was perhaps forward, beyond the pit. Or else the secret door just wasn't close by the stairs. Either way, the safe path wasn't yet found.

    OoC
    Sparky, aid another attempt, 9, fails, no help; per a text to Jesse (Strieg), I allowed his search to cover within 15 feet to either side of the stairs, plus all the way up to the pit trap. DC 28 on a nat 20 finds nothing because there isn't anything to find within sight. Gotta go explore a bit to find the safe route. Sorry gobbies.
    DC 20 Perception for Gorvgo finds no switch or hidden lever. Fire still shooting out fiercely. Wanna risk it? Feel free. Rabbi Hug was a boss, but its been 500 years, he became undead and now he's a cursed talking skull; any remembrance of traversing this place is long removed from his mind. Sorry.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Gorvgo spat in the ground in disgust.
    Stupid Rabbi Hug. He no help! Gorvgo thought to himself.
    He hiked up his greasy robes and strode through the flames. Winking at Bubissa as he walked.

    Ooc Gorvgo will move forward 20' through flames. Will cast detect magic then another percept. D20 (14+4=18) to survey surroundings

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Striegboirk went to the right, towards the splashy sound, searching the walls and floors. Slurry sneaked behind him, looking as sickly and unfriendly as usual.

    OOC
    move carefully to the East, searching as he went
    i have a move of 30, so half move while searching?
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    17,+8
    Total:25 perception

    Slurry's perception, also has scent
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    7,+8
    Total:15

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Sparkskar nodded as Strieg went east. He agreed with the decision. There was the potential for great magic over there, at least so far as his arcane sight suggested, and Chuffy had gone that way too. Despite himself, he cared how his broodling fared.

    With a word and a gesture, his eyes shifted back to the spectrum of magic. He followed Strieg eastward about ten paces behind and lent his eyes to the cause, however useful they may be.

      Spoiler: OOC 


    Casts Detect Magic and follows Strieg wherever he goes. 10' behind, looking for any sources of magic.

    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Striegboirk and Sparky were diligently searching the hallway for the safe path. They swept up the corridor towards where Chuffy had disappeared, feeling along the walls for cracks or secret panels to exploit. But none were found. Between Slurry's inquisitive nose, Strieg's native knowledge and Sparky's magical sight, they concluded that the hallway into which the stairs exited held no secret doors or panels. They would be further into the Gauntlet, apparently.
    Reaching the corner, all three paused. Slurry peeked around the corner low while Strieg peeked around from higher. The hallway ended a short ten feet further away. A short pedestal, the kind one might mount a statue onto, sat, unused. A quartet of massive paw prints wet the floor before the pedestal, the only evidence of the strange liquid that had followed Chuffy's squeak. Of the little gob, Sparky's kin, there was no sign now.

    Gorvgo risked the fires, for he knew he was protected against them. He strode through them, singed slightly, and stepped over Gobs' prone body, entering the little room. TO his right and forward were more hallways. The one to the right was dusty,the one forward was dust-free. Gorvgo was about to turn and help Gobs stand when he heard a slight click. Gobs shrieked, for he heard it too, and then the air was filled with darts. Gorvgo managed to avoid them by ducking and weaving. Poor Gobs on the floor was struck several times. Blood was pouring from a wound to his neck. He was struggling to stay conscious... and losing the fight. In his head, Gorvgo heard Rabbi Hug chanting and laughing "Got something to eat NOW!" The dead priest was not amusing.
    "Gorvgo, stop moving! Getting Gobs killed!s" The trapmaster and Master Alchemist of the Brambleclaws weakly clawed at a vial on his belt, dragging it free and trying to open it. His hands failed as he slipped unconscious.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . .V. |___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f|_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |B___. | . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _ . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|p|. .
    . . . . . | .|_______| |________________________|p|. .
    . . . . . |_________ . . ____________________S_TL_| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, H=be-gemmed statue, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, f=flames
    p=wet pawprints, just like the ones burned into the floor above
    OoC
    Gorvgo passes through fire 3d4(3,3,1)=7(-5)=2 fire damage
    Gorvgo Perception to see trap, d20(15)+4=19, fails, steps on trapped tile and sets off dart trap in room, exposing him and Gobs to attacks by darts
    1d6 darts (Gorvgo,1; Gobs, 4!) Gorvgo d20(3)+8=11, misses; Gobs d20(9, 15, 10, nat20[10 to confirm]+8=17,19,18,28[18 to confirm nat 20)=3 successes 1d4(2,1,3&3 for crit)+2(each)=17 dmg! Jesus! Crit card: We've got a bleeder, normal damage and 1d6(4) bleed. Gobs is gonna take bleed on his turn and go unconscious. Under 0 hp and dying Uses Hero Point to get move action to withdraw elixir of CLW, passes out from bleed at that point.
    Last edited by SirIggy; 05-08-2017 at 08:05 PM.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Gorvgo looked at the bleeding Gobs at his feet and his mouth beganto water. He was so tasty last time… perhaps just another little bite would not hurt… maybe an ear this time? Rabbi Hug was right. Gorvgo was very hungry…
    The strange little priest could not resist any longer. He pounced onthe unconscious goblin and ripped off an ear relishing the taste of warm blood and flesh in his mouth! As he licked the blood off his lips and sharp teeth he reached for the vial and uncorked it preparing to drop it in the little alchemists mouth. Gorvgo liked himand his tasty flesh. Plus, he had secrets Gorvgo wanted to ask him about. Specifically pickling…

    ooc. Gorvgo will deal 1d3 dmg (1) to Gobs. Using consume the enemy now gains a bonus versus goblins!
    next round will give Gobs the CLW.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Sparkskar considered the strange scene before him. Beyond the ancient shaman was a pedestal that seemed to be short a statue. Judging by the wet marks on the ground, one could only assume that the statue had stepped off its pedestal and walked away. Of course that was a ludicrous idea, but it sure seemed that way. Sparky shook his head and popped another mushroom in his mouth for good measure. This tomb of a ruin was turning out to be quite an adventure after all.

    It appeared that the hallway would continue on further, bu to where? Striegboirk had not yet delivered any gems of forgotten pathways or hidden tunnels. They were relying on his memory now. He could save them all from unknown horrors, and what was turning out to be a multitude of tricky traps. The last thing Sparky wanted to deal with was walking headlong into a pit of spikes, a wildly swinging blade, or worse, an explosive rune! Sparkskar had come across such deliciously terrible defensive spells in his studies. Sadly, he could not yet implement such spells, but there was time, and when he had a Lich's staff in hand, oh gods!

    It occurred then that he was taking too big a risk. If Strieg would not remember a safe path, the best place for Sparkskar was the rear of the marching order of gobs. Let them spring the traps a he could gingerly mark the safe path. As it stood, only the blue-skinned shaman played goblin shield. He snorted, whispered through the tendrils of the spell that linked him with Gobs, Bubbisa, and Strieg, and waited for the responses to come. "How goes the middle path? Should we join you or keep going?"de
    Last edited by Dalamar91; 05-09-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •