Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 277

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,303

    Default

    Bubissa backed up to get a running start and easily jumped over the pit. "You die if me not around." She said to Grvgo as he hurried down the hall possibly to his death. Bubissa sighed, Maybe all goblins here to stupid to make babies with! she thought as she moved down the hall behind Gorvgo to find Gobs.

    OOC: Running jump across pit DC 10, can't fail. Follows around till she sees Gobs.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Bubbisa sailed past Gorvgo as the priest climbed carefully across the pit, landing easily as the priest clambered carefully from wall to floor again once he'd traversed the pit. She heard the shattering of something behind her as she landed, but Gobs was in trouble and she wasn't waiting to see why.
    As she skidded around the corner, Bubbisa saw Gobs wrapped in flames. He had apparently stepped on a tile that was a trigger for yet another trap. Jets of fire were cooking the alchemist as he struggled to keep his bombs from exploding.

    Back by the stairs, something was nagging at Striegboirk. He squeezed both hands hard against his head, to force the idea out to his tongue, where his mouth could then spit it out. Miraculously, it seemed to work. This floor was the Gauntlet. Anyone watching Strieg would have seen his face pale, for he was now worried.

    OoC
    Bubbisa Perception check d20(17)+13=30, hears Gorvgo's chalice shatter in the pit, sees the tile that triggered the flame trap and easily avoids it
    Check the previous map (209) for new placement of Gorvgo and Bubbisa.
    Strieg, the outposts of Zog often featured what was known as a "Gauntlet", a floor that is nothing but trapped passages, with a single way up and a single way down to other floors. They were designed to make invaders' jobs more difficult. There is a safe route, but Strieg doe not remember it now, but it used secret doors to avoid the main passages. Easily found doors might not be safe, however, as they could be traps instead. Strieg fought here during that final battle for some time, as goblin and hobgoblin forces drew attackers in and then left them to traps. Eventually though, the invaders overran this floor and sacked the rest of the place; but the traps would not have been re-set. Something is, indeed, going on here...
    Last edited by SirIggy; 05-04-2017 at 01:04 PM.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Sparkskar thunked the spearstaff against his noggin. He hadn’t heard his allies speak and he was certain he had cast the spell properly. Gone were the days of annunciation issues and he had worked tirelessly to perfect the delicate somatic requirements. The fingering was the key, he knew, and he had gotten it right! Then he heard Gobs’ screams through the magical link – as well as with his ears – and knew the spell had worked.

    Sparkskar spat a gob on the wall that stuck upon impact and he watched it slowly slide as gravity took hold. There was a logjam of goblins blocking him from reaching the hallway that Gobs, Bubbisa, and Gorvgo had gone down. While he waited for the blue goblin to move on he fished into his pockets for a bit of gum Arabic and crushed it with his thumb. He plucked an eyelash from his eyelid and stuck it into the bowl his thumb had created, then sealed it over with his fingers. The material component formed, he began chanting the words to one of his more difficult spells.

    His words washed over Striegboirk’s back and shoulders like the slithering tongue of a viper and Sparky’s form suddenly shifted out of focus. It faltered, skipped and stuttered as if something was forcing him in and out of existence, and then Sparky was gone.

      Spoiler: OOC 


    Casts Invisibility and will follow behind Striegboirk, if he moves, down the hallway with the pit. Sparky will make no attempt to cross the gap yet.

    Last edited by Dalamar91; 05-04-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Strigboirk whispered through the message spell, "These hallways of doom are known as the gauntlet. There are easy to find secret doors which are also traps, but there are also secret doors that are hard to find that bypass all these traps. Sorry, noone asked Striegboirk or Striegboirk would have warned gobbie friends."

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Gobs thrashed and wailed as he burned. He caught flashes of conversation, but he ignored them as he moved out of the fiery jets, dropped and rolled the flames out and carefully as possible he scanned the small area he had reached from prone, squeezing himself between further advance and avoiding the flames behind him. He even paused to study that trap, to determine if he could, or should, halt the flames. Striegboirk's last statement cut through the pain of the fire and he registered it with alarm. "These hallways of doom are known as the gauntlet. There are easy to find secret doors which are also traps, but there are also secret doors that are hard to find that bypass all these traps. Sorry, noone asked Striegboirk or Striegboirk would have warned gobbie friends."

    Chuffy listened to Gobs screams, chuckling. Some "leader" he was turning out to be. Then, a flash down the hall to Chuffy's right caught his eye. Choosing not to wait for the other gobs to cross the pit or find their enemy or whatever, Chuffy opted to investigate the flash of color he had noticed. Slyly, he crept forward quiet as a mouse, nearing the far end as he heard his brother start casting a spell.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . . . |___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f|_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |B____. | . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |V| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . | |________|L|_______________________| | . .
    . . . . . |__________ T_S___________________C__| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, C=Chuffy, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, f=flames

    OoC
    Gobs moves out of the flame jets blocking further travel, drops prone as a free action and douses the flames via rolling as a standard action, D20(11)+10 (reflex save)=21, success, Perception checks to notice traps d20(15)+8=23, now notices the tile that he triggered to start the jets, also notices that the hallway to his right has dusty footprints, while the one forward is swept clean of dust; no apparent traps in this little area (not, at least, with a 23 Perception check)
    Chuffy Perception d20(15)+8=23, sees...something
    Chuffy stealth d20(5)+22=27, he's quiet as a mouse... Chuffy, yer going for a ride, buddy. Good luck! Hope you enjoy!


  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Gorvgo watched in awe and wonder as Bubbisa jumped easily across the pit. He was a little taken aback by her words. Why of course he would die if she were not around! How foolish to think otherwise. He could easily count the number of times she had saved his scrawny neck. (Well easily to the point that he would need to take off his shoes to finish the count.)

    Gorvgo looked for something to tie the rope to and found a good niche in the space between where the floor had opened to show the pit. Securing the rope he decided he had best follow Bubissa and see how best he could help the buxom beauty.

    Ooc Will spend a move to tie the rope. Then move 20 feet down the hall after Bubissa and draw out his spiked chain.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Striegboirk saw the gobbie who Strigboirk had lent rope to, he borrowed it and tied it off on the other side of the pit and then scampered off. Striegboirk sighed a sigh of incompetance, Striegboirk was used to this. Striegboirk saw the gobbies around him running to and fro, on fire and whatnot. Striegboirk was also used to this.

    Striegboirk knew about supposed secret doors that would lead Strigboirk to the end of this madness and Striegboirk decided to look for them. Striegboirk moved along the walls and hoped that the spirits would guide Striegboirk.

    OOC
    perception check to look for
    secret doors
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    20,+8
    Total:28
    Nat 20!!! woot!!!!!
    Last edited by Drakestendor; 05-05-2017 at 12:59 PM.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Chuffy stealthily rounded the corner, peeking his head around to see what was beyond. He saw... a large statue. It was a wolf-like creature, much like the ones on the pillars in the temple to Venkelvore. Sparky and Gorvgo had said they were barghests, the leaders of the Kingdom of Zog. Some tribes of gobbies around these parts still venerated these beasts, but Chuffy wasn't impressed. He stared at the beast. Were those gemstones for eyes? Chuffy checked the area for a trap. It was too easy to simply walk up to the statue and pluck those gems. Chuffy peered back at the others. Only the strange blue newcomer and Sparky still stood where he could see them. The blue one, Striegboirk(?), was tapping the walls near the stairs, running his hands along the edges. He was searching for something, Chuffy could tell. But no one was watching him now. Chuffy pulled free a small lever to pry out the gem eyes as he stepped round the corner. A bare five feet away, the statue beckoned. AS he reached up to the gem eyes, Chuffy felt a faint warm breeze blow against his wrist. Looking up, he saw his reflection in the mirror-like facets of the gem eyes. He felt the breeze again as he lay one hand on the statue's face for leverage and placed the small pry bar against the edge of the gem. Then, in a flash, everything changed.
    The reflection in the eye disappeared as a purple-black glow formed deep within the gem eyes and the fanged maw of the statue opened, exhaling a deluge of dirty foamy water. Chuffy lost his feet with a shriek of fear as the water suddenly cut him off, filling his mouth and nose.
    Chuffy flopped amid the swiftly draining water and struggled back to his feet, blade in hand to defend himself. But the ground felt wrong, the light felt wrong, even the air wasn't right. Scrubbing muck and water from his eyes, CHuffy looked around him finally.

    Chuffy stood on a shore covered in flotsam and debris, perfect for scavenging. Ahead lay a village, already on fire. Fire of all colors. Screams and cries echoed musically through the air. As Chuffy took in his surroundings, he noticed the statue still hunched behind him, just at the tide's edge. Before he could think what to do, the statue's mouth opened in a wide yawn, tongue lolling out. It then growled, and rose to its feet.

    OoC
    Chuffy disappeared! He's off with Dogbreath for the moment in Basalfeyst. When we need him back, I will grab him. In the meantime, gobbies, continue...

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Striegboirk wasn't a fool. It was dangerous to traverse the gauntlet. There were secret, safe, ways to cross, and he was going to take one of those... if he could find one. Tapping along the walls near the stairs and feeling for breezes where there should be none, Stiegboirk, with help from Slurry, searched the entire area around them. To no avail. If the secret doors were there still, they were nowhere near this stairwell, apparently. Of that, Strieg felt certain now. Perhaps down one of the hallways to left or right, for surely those giving chase were simply being drawn deeper into danger. But which direction? Left was shorter, but away from the others. Right was where Chuffy had wandered, disappearing into the gloom as only a quiet gobbie can.
    Strieg's thoughts of Chuffy led him to turn and check where the other gob had gotten off to, and he saw as the little killer slipped around the far corner, only to shriek a moment later as a liquid sloshed onto the floor at the end of the hallway, where Chuffy had just disappeared. What was going on here now?

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | |___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |. . . .| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . | . . . |___. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . |___.G___ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |f|_____. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . |BV__. | . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . |P| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _ . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . | | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|H|. .
    . . . . . | .|_______|L|________________________| |. .
    . . . . . |_________ T_S________________________| . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    S=Sparky, V=Gorvgo, G=Gobs, B=Bubbisa, T=Striegbork,
    L=Slurry, H=be-gemmed statue, P=pit, W=stairwell just descended, f=flames

    OoC
    Strieg perception 28, success; definitely no secret doors by the stairs. Has to be down one of the three passages; also notices Chuffy sliding around the corner, then his shriek, then some water or something splashing from around the corner where Chuffy went

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    Sparkskar noticed that his broodling had chosen to blaze his own path, which was fine, but he thought it a foolish choice when given the proverbial keys to the dungeon. Chuffy should follow the ancient blue gob. It was the wisest decision in light of all the knowledge Striegboirk had about the ruins, and if Striegboirk was not walking down that hallway...

    Cloaked in the silky smoothness of his invisibility spell, Sparky followed in Strigboirk's wake. So long as the strange creature kept his wits, the Elementalist would follow. As the blue goblin ran his fingers along the walls, Sparkskar shadowed him with eyes alight - though invisible - with the shifting spectrum of colors only visible to those with arcane sight. He had called upon the power to detect magical energies and latent forces as both a safeguard, and also a hopeful tactic to find whatever hidden passages lay about them. Surely he'd spot anything Striegboirk's memory and more mundane searching technique overlooked.

    Strieg's thoughts of Chuffy led him to turn and check where the other gob had gotten off to, and he saw as the little killer slipped around the far corner, only to shriek a moment later as a liquid sloshed onto the floor at the end of the hallway, where Chuffy had just disappeared. What was going on here now?

    Sparkskar quirked a brow at the sudden appearance of water as he peered around Strieg's shoulder. It washed into the hallway as if a portal to the beach had opened down the other path. A curious thought occurred to him then. Fire down the middle hallway and water to the right...would their be a shocking surprise to the left? Curious...

    He continued to shadow the blue goblin while lending his magical sight to the search.

      Spoiler: OOC 

    Casts Detect Magic for the standard action and follows Strieg with his move action.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •