Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 151 to 155 of 155

Thread: Goblin Nonsense

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    2,994

    Default

    Sparkskar turned to witness the actions of his allies through the doorway across the hall. He made no move to step away from the small chamber he had been searching. It was better to let the others do the heavy lifting. From his place, he could see dead creatures linked in a timeless embrace, as if they had engaged in some right of passage, or perhaps a prayer before the last meal gone wrong. They were goblins mostly, and a bugbear. Sparkskar had the impression that the big dumb brute might have been the boss. His mouth made a popping sound as he sucked on his teeth in undisguised derision.

    Call it intuition, or maybe a sixth sense (or maybe the sound of proverbal dice clattering on an unseen table as the DM rolled initiative), but the young wizard felt wary of the situation. They had already tangled with the dead. Loads of them, the demon gods be cursed. It wasn’t unfathomable to consider that the gangly last supper might turn into another horde of creeping, clawing dead things.

    Sparky pressed his spear forward and took a defensive stance. He had already expended much of his energy in the previous fight. Thankfully, he still felt the fine cloak of protective energy about him. His defensive spell, like armor worn by a warrior, would guard his frame for a time.

    “Watch it! WATCH IT!” he shrieked, wondering where his broodling had gotten off to.



      Spoiler: OOC 


    Sparky takes a full defensive action.

    Last edited by Dalamar91; 03-15-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    Talon Everett Human Daring Infiltrator3/Rogue1 Wrath of the Righteous
    Ashtari Windglade Kender Fighter2/Rogue7 Hourglass in the Sky
    Sparkskar Brambleclaw Goblin Fire Elementalist2 The Kingdom of Zog

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,506

    Default

    Chuffy had wandered off for quite some time. He'd picked his nose. He'd gone for a walk to walk off the pain of his scraping wound. He pondered and hissed at himself and hated and plotted alone. He'd stayed far behind the group and took extra care to stay quiet, even from his broodling.

    Now the charcoaled bugger was near.

    Watch it! Watch it!

    The voice of his broodling...

    OOC
    Sorry for the lapse just not enough post time something had to give! We be goblins and Chuffy be back! Put me on the map where you wish Bran (in the back) and I'll be ready to Huff and Puff and Chuf!
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Bubissa moved to the open door, axe still in hand, and looked in at the spectacle. "What go on in here? They look like other bone spelly caster. Maybe they come to life too!" Bubissa said wondering if it was smart to go into the room yet.

    OOC: Bubissa moves to doorway and looks around

    Perception check 1d20(18)+13= 31... 33 if related to sound
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    157

    Default

    The gobs still in the hallway felt the hairs under their armpits quiver. Supernatural forces were at work here! Sparky held his ground, wary as any wizard should be when the unknown is ready to strike. Bubbisa, ever the forward female, stepped to the door of the chamber. The dead bodies appeared to be gnawing on the flesh of their neighbor to the left, yet Gobs and Gorvgo took no notice! Gorvgo proceeded to ritually chant, waving his new skull around as he did so, and the flesh of the hobgoblin before him slid off even as the goblin corpse beside him gnawed away at it. The skeleton now revealed twitched and Gorvgo cackled in glee. Chuffy, no longer content to be wandering, had at last approached the group, quiet like death, only to encounter this dread feeling of unease. Not even Dogbreath heard Chuffy behind him.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. .G. .t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . . .t.t. . . . l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . .V.t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .-.-.l-.-.-.B.-...-.-l.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l. . . . . . . . . ..S.Sl. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .D. . . . . . . . ...S.S.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l.-.-..-..-.-.P -. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . l_ll. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l.O. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l.C. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    l=vertical wall, -/_=horizontal wall, D=door, S=statue
    G=Gobs, P=Sparky, B=Bubbisa, O=Dogbreath, V=Gorvgo
    C=Chuffy t=stone plinth banquet table

    OoC
    Sparky, no move, total defense
    Bubbisa, Perception 31 sees bodies gnawing on each other, will not be surprise by Haunt
    Gorvgo (per text convo), Know (rel) 23, knows he is now subject to a Haunt in the room, still casts lesser Animate Dead (he's staggered from eating undead)
    Chuffy, moves quietly to the back of the group, by Dogbreath
    Gobs, moves to the back to check out implements on wall
    Waiting for Dogbreath to post then I go.
    Last edited by SirIggy; 03-16-2017 at 03:18 PM.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Gorvgo watched in fascination as his chosen corpse, a hobgoblin, shed its mummified flesh, which sloughed to the floor messily and began to stand as a clean skeleton. It was then that the priest of the Rough Beast realized the predicament he was in: a haunt! As the spirits of the dead priests foundered into the afterlife, their spirit energy infested the room! Feasting on flesh in their final moments, they died mid-meal. Perhaps poisoned? No matter! Their residual anger and hate had manifested in this room. Phantom teeth gnashed and bit those in the room. Bubbisa watched from inches away as spirit maws attacked Gorvgo, Gobs and the newly formed skeleton, ripping flesh, gnawing bone and spraying blood everywhere.

    In the rear, Sparky watched as the haunt ran its course, chuckling to himself. He had been quite wise not to enter that room. Let the others bleed. He had better things to do. Chuffy, sneaking up behind Dogbreath, was seconds from dropping his hand onto the other gob's shoulder, hopefully startling him, when the statue at the end of the hall suddenly lowered it's left arm, as if he gestured for soldiers to charge. The purple-and-black flames shot out, straight into Dogbreath. His startled yelp was all that escaped him as the flames seemed to consume him, leaving behind only a fine red mist where he had been standing. Chuffy stared in horror. Had Dogbreath not been between him and the statue, it would likely have been him struck by the flames! He reeled back a step, sniffing cautiously before him. The smell reminded him of a dog's burning hair, a pleasant smell he had not expected. Startlingly, two very large paw prints remained where Dogbreath had been standing, as if burned into the floor.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. .G. .t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . . .t.t. . . . l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . .l. . .V.t.t. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .-.-.l-.-.-.B.-...-.-l.-.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l. . . . . . . . . ..S.Sl. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .D. . . . . . . . ...S.S.l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . .l.-.-..-..-.-.P -. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . l_ll. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .lpp. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l.C. ..l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    l=vertical wall, -/_=horizontal wall, D=door, S=statue
    G=Gobs, P=Sparky, B=Bubbisa, pp=pawprints, V=Gorvgo
    C=Chuffy t=stone plinth banquet table

    OoC
    Dogbreath has a real-world life he would rather enjoy with a wonderful lady, so I'm gonna let him slip away for the moment; his replacement will be along shortly. Now, for the Haunt:
    Gorvgo and Gobs and the skeleton are the only ones in the haunt's area of effect. Bubbisa, you are just in the doorway, so it doesnt affect you. Each person takes 5d4 (12, ouch!) points of damage (I lowered it from 6 to 5 since Gorvgo eliminated a priest, so to speak, by raising the skeleton from its corpse) from biting teeth (that qualifies as bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage, for those of you {skeleton, I'm looking at you} with DR of some sort. Now that the haunt has 'expired' (it needs time to recharge it's spiritual energies to be a threat again, typically once a day or so) we are out of initiative. Back to random exploring, y'all!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •