Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VII: Revenge and Redemption

Default Star Wars DoD - Episode VII: Revenge and Redemption

STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE
    Episode VII
    Revenge and Redemption

With the taste of victory still sweet upon their lips,
    the heroes of the fledgling Rebellion return home to their fleet.
    Following the destruction of the Inquisitors’ tower,
    the Empire is searching for the culprits with extreme prejudice.
    As the Rebellion moves to determine the secret location of Project Sarlaac,
    the fearsome beast that is the Galactic Empire awakens.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-13-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default Part I: Revenge

A short five days passed while the Beginner’s Luck surged through faster-than-light travel. As the small group of rebels reported the most damning evidence of the Empire’s new tyrannical superweapon to their superiors, the Luck’s hyperspace transceiver was awash with communication. Briefings to the officers of their home fleet, the Bothan SpyNet and even transmissions from Alderaan, Chandrilla and Corellia all occurred during the return journey. Where normally the team had days of quiet travel, everyone spent time reporting and aiding in the analysis of the Super Star Destroyer plans. All of the reports included the attendance of Gelnar Tor, who worked to aid the Rebellion despite recovering from his torture at the hands of the Inquisitorius.

The senators and flag officers all came to agreement that they had to strike while the ion engines were hot. The Empire knew they now had the plans and would rush Project Sarlaac towards completion. With the SpyNet sending spies all over the galaxy to confirm the location of the project, it was only a matter of time. Finally on the fifth day of their impending arrival, the communications from the Fleet became eerily silent. Taking it as a sign of preparation, the group simply made ready to return home from possibly their most dangerous mission yet. As was their norm, the crew all took their positions in the cockpit or gunwell. When Tahla Joona lowered the hyperdrive activation lever returning them to realspace, absolute bedlam followed.

The stretched lines of stars gave way to a dramatic scene: a number of ships on the horizon, including the Resurgence, trading turbolaser fire. Orange explosions rocketed in the space surrounding the capital ships, with signs of starfighter combat too far away to make out clearly. Two Star Destroyers on the edge of their effective range sent out countless green needle-like turbolaser blasts. The blasts primarily impacted the Corellian DP20 Frigate Revenge, but also the Resurgence and the other ships under her protection.

While the Resurgence stood her ground, directing her own turbolaser blasts back at the Imperials, the Corellian Corvette Tantive I and Gallofree Freighter Freedom in the loyalist flotilla moved away in an attempt to escape the melee. A flash of light followed by a large ball of fire and debris marked the violent end of the Freedom. Everyone in the cockpit shared grim looks in the realization that their friend Comps was the second officer onboard.

Major Shayle Wist’lya’s SYSOP station comms crackled to life suddenly, and the voice of Admiral Varth greeted them.

“You’re late,” he said. “The Empire has us where they want us. It’d be suicide for you to stay, but we’re running out of options. All of our escape pods have been jettisoned, and our shields are down to half power. We still have crew members needing evacuation. The Revenge is on total automation and her crew abandoned ship. She is pounding both Star Destroyers with missiles, but won’t hold for long!”

Shayle noted it strange that Varth was in command. Where was Commodore Verana?

The voice of a nervous crewman in the background cut in. “Sir! We have reports of Imperial troops onboard!”

Varth cursed. “All Resurgence crew, this is Resurgence Actual. Imperial troops are aboard. I repeat, Imperial troops are —”

An intense hiss of static ended the transmission.

“Get us out of here,” yelled Gelnar Tor, breaking the odd silence. “If the Empire gets me back…it’s all over. OVER!”

OOC: Welcome back folks! Feel free to post what you want to do. Are you going back into hyperspace, or assisting with the evacuation of the Resurgence?
    Last edited by rogue; 08-03-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Tahla sat in the cockpit, mouth agape at the devastation she witnessed through the viewport. Her home, her home for more than a year, was being blasted into debris. The Resurgence crew was like family to her. They looked up to her, regarded her with respect. She couldn't just leave them to die. She had a duty to these people.

"Shayle," she said icily, reaching up to cinch the crash webbing tighter across her chest. "Charge the shields." She opened the shipboard comm. "Kade! Boot up the dorsal battery! We're going in!" Tahla slapped the throttle forward, and leaned back into her chair as the thrusters kicked.

OOC: We're going in.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 08-03-2016 at 11:08 AM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Alsia looked on numb at what she saw. Every home she had ever had was taken from her, and now, this one was as well. Somewhere in the massive ship her little NovaSword starship was probably becoming scrap. This galaxy sucked. Nothing but eternal fighting.

"Shayle," she said icily, reaching up to cinch the crash webbing tighter across her chest. "Charge the shields." She opened the shipboard comm. "Kade! Boot up the ventral battery! We're going in!" Tahla slapped the throttle forward, and leaned back into her chair as the thrusters kicked.
    "Do you need me up here or should I be doing something else. I dont have much experience as co in a firefight." She asked Tahla even as she was unbuckling herself from the co-pilots seat. "To bad ACE isnt here, we could really use his mercenaries now."
    Last edited by elder; 08-03-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

"Alsia," Tahla said, her eyes fixed on the turbo laser fire streaming from the space fortresses on either side, "I need you to help me fly. Kade has the gun."
    Last edited by SuperBall; 08-03-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Shayle quickly raised the shields with a growl. "How did they find the fleet? We've been careful, somewhat... and where is Commodore Verana?" He said as an after thought. They did sweeps all the time for tracking devices how did they... "Traitor." Shayle said as the shields enveloped the Luck. "We may have a traitor amongst the fleet... if we survive this we need to do a security sweep, maybe some interrogations... if we survive." He didn't want to sound grim, but their situation and the Rebellion's was dire.

OOC: Power up shields
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Kadrien read the tactical information coming in on his screen, his mouth tightening into a grimace the more he took it in. Things were bad for the rebels, very bad. He agreed they had to go in and help and he thought there might be something more he could do. Kade thought back on his sessions with the holocron, asking it endlessly about the greatest Jedi warriors and how the Force could be used in battle. Kade had been drawn to what had been known as Battle Meditation. It was a way for the Jedi to inspire and meld into one the troops around him, increasing their battle prowess significantly. Kade had never attempted it before, but it seemed like there was no better time than the present.

Closing his eyes, Kadrien focused first within himself and then without. He pictured the rebels fighting for their lives in the vastness of space. He focused on them in the Force and sent calm, stable, encouragement. In his mind he linked them all together so that they were interconnected and could fight together. That's what he pictured, anyway. Whether it would help, he didn't know.

"Take us in," he said to Tahla. He focused partially on the weapons in front of him and partially on maintaining his focus in the Force.

OOC:
    If the DM approves, Kade will spend a Destiny Point to activate his Battle Meditation ability so that it can affect all the rebels in the fight. He'll also spend a force point to maintain Battle Meditation as a swift action. Been waiting a while to use this, but if it doesn't work here that's fine.

Let's do it!

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

And suddenly, a feeling of confidence stretched outward from the Beginner’s Luck. First felt in the cockpit, the Force exuded a calming sensation. Gelnar Tor settled in his seat, worries mollified. Shayle’s own internal struggle lowered from a rage to a gentle simmer. No stranger to the pull of the life-binding energy, Alsia and Tahla shared knowing glances as the YT-1300 reached top speed, entering the fray of battle.

And as surely as they felt it, the remaining members of the Allied Alderaan Defense Force fighting for their lives did as well. More turbolasers and missiles hit their marks as the Revenge corkscrewed, damaging both Star Destroyers. The gunner crews of the Resurgence also found similar resolve, even with the pitched battle going on in their passageways. Blue and Gold squadron took out wave after wave of TIE fighters, opening up a hole that allowed the Tantive I to punch through on a safe corridor away from the fight.

As the capital ships grew closer, Shayle sifted through sensor data. One of the Star Destroyers pinged as a new Imperial I class, the strongest the Empire had to offer. The other was indeed familiar, the same Victory class that constantly vexed them over the past six months. Kadrien instinctively knew his sister again commanded the VSD Assiduous, feeling her presence even then. Tahla curse in the recognition from the red stripe down its keel. Would they ever be free of it?

Regardless, Shayle continued to track on the approach. The Revenge’s shields finally buckled, and its hull bubbled with the explosion of a dozen turbolaser blasts. And then something amazing happened. A flash glinted as the Corellian Gunship’s profile stretched that could only denote a microjump into hyperspace. At that the ship collided with the newer, larger Star Destroyer. An explosion rocked the battle, causing everyone on the Luck to look away for a moment. Blinking away tracers, a third of the ships frame disintegrated away in the aftermath. The ensuing salvos from the Resurgence and Y-Wing fired torpedoes took care of the rest.

Chatter burst again from the comm as the jamming signal died with the Empire’s newest ship. Shayle heard cheering, and piped it over the Luck’s internal speakers. Perhaps now the battle was not so one-sided. It was then a voice broke over the direct line.

“Beginner’s Luck, this is Tantive I, I repeated this is Tantive I!”

Shayle put it through, confirming the transmission.

“We are one minute from hyperspace jump to safety. Two TIE bombers have broken through from the fight on an intercept course. Request immediate assistance!”

Shayle calculated the vector, and reported the TIE’s would be in firing range in 36 seconds. If they changed course and punched the throttle, ETA was 18 seconds…”

OOC: Kadrien spends a Force point and Destiny point to aid the course of the battle. I am ruling that the Tantive I was able to break through on an escape vector, and the Imperial I Star Destroyer Subjugator doesn’t make it.

Ok, what’s the choice? Hitting the bombers, or onward to the Resurgence?
    Last edited by rogue; 08-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Shayle looked back at Tahla. "We can't let those bombers through. We need all the ships and men we can save. I know you want more ships in the air but we need to keep the ships we have out there intact, it's our duty... Tahla?" Shayle could see she was battling the debate in her head, he just wasn't sure which side was winning.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Tahla released an anguished growl. "Kark it!" She swore, shoved the yoke away from her, and twisted it hard to the left, keeping one eye of her passive radar display, tracking toward the Tantive I. "Kadrien! We're going after those bombers!" She yelled into her comm headset that connected her to the dorsal gun well. Her home would have to wait precious moments longer. She keyed the fleet's secure frequency in, and took a deep breath. "Tantive I, this is the Beginner's Luck. We're going to help you with your Dupe problem." She said, using the fighter jock's slang for the imperial bomber. "Alter course to point-oh-seven, and help us engage."

OOC: let's bail out the Tantive.