Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VII: Revenge and Redemption

Tahla powered the speeder down, her heart's rhythm returning to its normal, regular thrum after the adrenaline rush in the cavern. She thumbed the switch that pulled the closed canopy back, exposing everyone in the cab to the hot desert air. "Let's walk up. The last thing that we want is to chase him off."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

The others agreed and started up the wide path, hand on their weapons should any desert threats appear. The way up was rocky, but serviceable. It winded up the low peak, affording a grand view of the mesa below now evident on the other side. They noticed blinks of light farther off, probably the settlement of a moisture farm evident in the clear desert air. At least Master Kenobi wasn’t entirely alone out here in the vast wastes of Tatooine.

As the warm desert air cooled, the temperature quickly dropped. Soon enough they could see their own breaths. Hard to imagine the harsh heat of the desert became quite the opposite in the evening. The path came to an end, a small home appeared. It looked old, made of sandstone but of recent repair as building materials were stacked off to the side. A lone moisture vaporator stood blinking red some distance off. The lights were on inside, creating deep shadows in which partially hid a cloaked man. He stood silently, staring at them.

“Well hello there,” he called in a cultured Deep Core accent that echoed crisply through the cold desert air. “I don't receive many visitors these days other than Sand People.”

Tahla and Kadrien felt a ripple in the Force, as if the man measured them.

OOC: UtF = 40 to Sense Force. I don’t think you guys can beat that.
    Last edited by rogue; 03-23-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Kadrien reached up and removed his helmet, the vac seals hissing as he did so. He had kept it on to avoid the sand, but this he wanted to see with his own eyes, sand be damned.

"General Kenobi?" He asked plainly, a touch of hope in his voice.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"General?," the shadowed man's voice echoed. "No, there are no generals here. My name is Ben..," he answered cautiously.

"No, you're Obi-Wan Kenobi," Kadrien said, with a hint of a smile "Please, we were sent by a friend of yours. Can we talk inside?" He looked around, searching the perimeter for intruders.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"I fear you have me at a disadvantage," the man answered cryptically. "I don't recall meeting you before."

"You haven't, Master." Tahla unclipped her lightsaber, and proffered it to Obi-Wan for inspection. "But our paths have crossed many times before. I was there, at the Temple, the night that Anakin..." She couldn't finish the sentence. "I am Tahla Joona. This is my padawan, Kadrien Soth." She indicated the Zabrak with her free hand.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

The hooded man came into the moonlight, the hilt of a lightsaber gripped in his own right hand. He gazed at Tahla, clipping the elegant weapon of the knighthood back upon his belt. Master Obi-wan Kenobi brought hands to the cowl, revealing his identity. He looked older to Tahla’s eyes, perhaps less grand. Gray liberally streaked his once brown hair, and his beard was now full white. And yet still he projected a sense of nobility, even for the simple monk’s life taken to become a jedi. Pale blue eyes measured the woman before him, and again Tahla felt Kenobi’s probing in the Force. It was familiar. The jedi master’s façade cracked, and a sad smile graced his face.

“I remember. You’ve come a long way, Master Tahla,” he said, apparently in deep thought. “Yes, you all better come inside.”

Kenobi gestured for them to follow, opening the door. Inside, the walls of the sandstone hut were white washed, typical of a home on Tatooine. Though a bit cramped, the main room had enough chairs to fit the group. There was Spartan décor and technology, enough for a man to live out a solitary existence.

They all sat and the jedi studied each of them, bringing a hand to his bearded chin thoughtfully.

“Master Tahla, I trust you received my warning message to the Jedi Order. What brings you here to Tatooine?”
    Last edited by rogue; 03-23-2017 at 02:59 PM.

"Master," Tahla began, swallowing the tremble that threatened to crawl out of her chest. "The Senator has mounted a resistance against the Empire." Tahla leaned into her tale, recounting some of their exploits, and ending with the attack on the Fleet that had cost so many lives. "I've failed the Order, Master." She confessed. "All of the Jedi that I've managed to rescue are dead or captured. Master Yoda remains unmoved on Dagobah. Master Rahm Kota is waging a private war of his own." She stood, pacing the room. "The remnant is based at Polis Masa, awaiting ships and support from Senator Bel Iblis. We intend to attack. The Empire is building a Star Destroyer of unimaginable scale. It can crush entire fleets on its own. Any hope of defying the Empire hinges on its destruction before it's completed. We are scouring the Galaxy for allies. The lives of billions hang in the balance. We need your help, Master Kenobi. You are our greatest hope."

Alsia was learning more about Tahla than Kanobi at this point, having revealed the location of Master Yoda and Project Sarlacc to someone who had decided to be a bystander in this, even if unwillingly a bystander. If Kanobi wanted to be part of the rebellion, he would have at this point. But still, maybe he could lead them in the right direction and give them aid in his council. He looked very much at home here and yet there was an air of sadness about him. Alsia did not have empathy for a lot of people but could not help but feel a touch moved by Kanobi's presence and circumstances. She waited eagerly to hear what he would say.
    Last edited by elder; 03-20-2017 at 05:42 PM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain