Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VII: Revenge and Redemption

Silence stretched as Obi-wan Kenobi continued to contemplate, hand still at his chin.

“Most of my life I have been called to defend the ideals of the jedi knights,” he said finally. “A call I willing took,” he echoed after another pause.

“I used the Force to keep the peace and defend democracy. But now that’s all but gone, much like the brothers and sisters of our Order. And yet there is new hope, only one yet unrealized.”

“Master Yoda is right to stay on Dagobah, as I must stay here,” he said, finally looking up into the eyes of those gathered. “We guard a secret that will bring balance to the Force. And yet…I’ve spoken with my former Master much as you have.”

Kenobi eyed Tahla, apparently knowledgeable of hers and Qui-gon Jinn’s communion. “I know of the tyranny of the Empire. I’m just getting too old for this sort of thing,” he finished with a nod, his expression showing defeat and resignation.

OOC: This won’t be easy. Anyone else who speaks, I will take into account. This will be roleplay only. I am not leaving this up to die rolls, folks.

I would really, really, really, really prefer a post from all active player please.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"You've been here a long time," Kadrien said, without accusation. "I'm sure you have your reasons, but you need to know what it's like out there. I can show you, if you'll let me."

He wasn't sure exactly why he said those words, but the Force told him they were true. Though he had never done it before, he was sure he would be able to share his experiences through the Force. Whether Kenobi was open to them, or whether they would make a difference, was another matter.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Master Kenobi sat back in his seat, eyes closed.

"Very well," he answered, opening his mind to the Force.

OOC: Go ahead. Jake, I know this is a tall order, but I need you to be specific in what you want to show Obi-Wan. I don't need a book report, but a summary would help. Flex your writing muscles.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Kadrien closed his eyes, briefly wondering again what made him think he could do this when he had never done it before. But somehow he knew he could. Reaching out in the Force, he sensed Kenobi's presence burning like a torch. Kadrien linked with him and began to think about their long journey here.

His first memory was as a child on Iridonia, in the dreadful place where he had been raised as a soldier. Quick flashes of beatings, trainings, and lessons flew through his mind. Feelings followed. Darkness, he thought. Fear. Anger. Pain. Alone.

Then his mind cut to Coruscant, of his first glimpse of Tahla and Trangle. They were dirty and scared, scavenging in the Undercity. But they trusted him and together, they escaped. Hope. Innocence. Redemption.

He flashed to Felucia, and shared his initial sense of connection with all living things. The Force. Purpose.

He shared his last thought before attempting to save the lives of the others in Darga's palace. Sacrifice. Necessary. Goodbye.

Next he thought of his return on Cloud City and what had happened to bold, foolish Trangle. Friendship. Loss.

They fought the Inquisitor and retook Concord Dawn. Imperial ships exploded in bursts of light, malnourished prisoners cheered. Victory.

A tortured prisoner explaining the weapon he had created for the Empire. His sister threatening them to stay away, full of danger. Threat. Urgency.

The most recent battle of the Rebel Fleet. A desperate struggle for survival, the loss of the Comps and numerous Rebel ships. Master Thorla. Bran. Loss. Defeat. Betrayal.

The final vision was of the meeting where they were assigned this mission. Everything rested on this. the fate of the Rebellion, and the galaxy. Duty, he thought.

Kadrien opened his eyes. "That was just my experience," he said quietly. "I know you have your reasons for being here, and I will not question them. But there are billions out there whose lives hinge on what we do today. This is important, General Kenobi. If we succeed, you can come back here straight away. And if we fail....well, I believe there might not be anything to come back to after long."

OOC:
    Spending a destiny point for an improved use of the Telepathy aspect of UtF. Can't fail the roll.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)