Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 291

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VII: Revenge and Redemption

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,305

    Default

    Shayle nodded to the man and left the bar without ever touching his drink. He gave a quick scan around the room to see if anyone seemed to be watching him. Satisfied he slipped out the door and headed back to meet up with the others. He hoped they had luck with a speeder, they were going to need it.

    OOC: Perception check 1d20(5)+13= 18

    If allowed will take 10 on stealth again for 31
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,510

    Default

    No one bothered to give the Bothan a second glance. Such was life on a renegade planet in the Outer Rim.

    OOC: So renting a speeder is easy. It's 30 credits a day for a normal one. 60 credits a day for a luxury.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,510

    Default

    Shayle found the others waiting outside in a battered land speeder, the engine humming. In no time they were out of Mos Eisley, taking an almost non-existent road towards Bestine. Thankfully theirs had an enclosed cabin, the air recirculator at the lowest setting to beat the heat. The temperature inside was almost bearable.

    After about an hour of travel, the small town of Bestine came into view, a thumb-print on the slowly darkening horizon...

    OOC: Ok, someone needs to take 30 credits from their funds. You have two choices.

    1. Explore Bestine and ask around.
    2. Continue west towards the Dune Sea and maybe use your jedi powers to aid in the search.
    Last edited by rogue; 03-10-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,578

    Default

    Kadrien sank into the flow of the Force, trying to determine if this town would aid them in their search.

    OOC:
    Kade will search his feelings to determine whether the town is a worthwhile stop:(9) + 18= 27
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #265
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,510

    Default

    Flashes of images came into Kadrien's mind, in each occurrence it was of the landspeeder turning western, passing moisture farms, deeper into the Dune Sea.

    OOC: Success, traveling western is the better way. No Bestine.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,578

    Default

    "We should carry on West," Kadrien said simply. "The town has nothing for us."

    OOC:
    Full speed ahead!
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  7. #267
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,397

    Default

    Tahla looked proudly on in the cramped cab of the landspeeder. "I agree. You must always be mindful of your feelings, Kade. They influence our connection to the Force."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,510

    Default

    With her nugget of Force wisdom shared for the day, Tahla turned the speeder west, deeper into the desert. As the sun Tatoo I set below the horizon, Tatoo II hung low to provide dusky light. Mountains appeared ahead. Kadrien continued to dip into the Force, guiding their way until the landscape became rocky and they entered a wide canyon. Tahla flipped on the headlights and slowed their speed to maneuver around stony obstacles.

    A sudden roar from 50 meters off set all eyes right. A large horned lizard, four times the size of their craft howled, rushing at them over rock and sand alike. It’s many-toothed maw large enough to crunch their ride, rivulets of saliva glittered in the failing light. It was a Krayt Dragon! Not the larger type found in the deeper desert, but those known to dwell in the mountains. Canyon Krayt Dragons occasionally attacked speeders being fiercely territorial beasts. Tahla had perhaps a few seconds before it was on them.

    OOC: Ok! Are you evading? If so, Tahla please give me two Pilot checks to try and get away.
    Last edited by rogue; 03-15-2017 at 09:24 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,397

    Default

    Tahla jerked the control yoke, sending the nose and tail of the repulsive raft in two different directions. She yanked back hard, flipped two switches on the control panel, and kicked the left pedal hard while her right hand slapped the throttle forward. The landspeeder went nose down and threw everyone forward into their crash webbing. "Hang On!" She barked.

    OOC: Pilot check 1 - 1d20(3)+18=21. Force point - 2d6 (4,5). I'll take the 5. 21+5=26. Pilot check 2 - 1d20(15)+18=33.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 03-17-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,510

    Default

    Tahla banked the craft almost 90 degrees, veering hard left and away from the oncoming threat. She turned the speeder again practically on its side to skirt a canyon wall and disappear down a passage no wider than six meters. Decelerating, the side passage twisted around the main canyon, slowly rejoining it after a few minutes. But the threat was gone, the krayt dragon obviously now after easier prey.

    They continued on another 10 minutes, now completely dark outside. Several of Tatooine’s moons hung brightly in the sky, reflecting binary light like lesser stars to leave the landscape in a silvery sheen. Finally, the long canyon revealed itself for what it was, the shape of a box. Tahla halted the landspeeder, turning it about for the headlights to reveal anything missed. A few seconds later they discovered a footpath just wide enough for a landspeeder to travel up. Who knew if it cramped on the way to get the landspeeder stuck?

    OOC: DC25 and DC30 Pilot checks success! Good job for evading that encounter.

    XP is up for the Canyon Krayt Dragon encounter.

    You guys are at the present location. Are you going to walk up or risk the landspeeder?
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •