Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragons of the Hourglass Sky

Viletooth

Huge female Green Dragon

http://
    screenshot on pc
    Appearances
    Chapter 14: Sanction to Solanthus, p. 136-139 [Virgil, Darvig, Monsoon present]

Viletooth haunts the region near Godshome, the mysterious mystical site hidden somewhere high in the Khalkist Mountains of Neraka. Tricking Sir Darvig with an illusion of a damsel in distress, Viletooth nearly had a crunchy Knight of the Crown for dinner. Viletooth was driven off, however, at the coming of The Bloody Condor.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 10-18-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Midori

Colossal female Sea Dragon

upload img

Appearances
    Chapter 14: Sanction to Solanthus, p. 137 (cut scene: Meeting of the Gods) [Branchala, Hiddukel present]

Legends of the dragon Midori claim the sea dragon is the oldest living dragon on Krynn. Mariners claiming to have seen the dragon with their own eyes are mostly scoffed at, considerin' they're still alive. The god Branchala was lucky enough to have seen Midori recently, however, (with a little help from Hiddukel) during a secret meeting of numerous gods inside the Tower of High Sorcery at the bottom of The Blood Sea.

Not paying attention, Branchala ogled the deep sea from the window.

“Hi Hiddukel,” he said fondly, “is that a gnome submersible? What's the side say - The B-TR-x1000 Octotracker II?”

“Come sit on my lap, little one,” Hiddukel invited with a pearly smile. Branchala sat on the god’s lap carelessly and comfortably, while both looked out the window together.

“Woah, what’s that?" Branchala's eyes were growing big with the growing sight he saw. "Its swimming right for the gn-” Branchala exclaimed.

“That’s a sea dragon,” Hiddukel whispered.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 10-18-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Sickle

Large male White Dragon

screen capture

Appearances
    Chapter 15: Last Gift of Reorx, p. 140-144 [Isciira, Mags, Krieger, Torvold present]

White Dragons are considered to be the most dim-witted of the true dragons of Krynn. The case of Sickle, however, demonstrated that a White Dragon's low cunning can yield surprising results. Credited by the gods as the first dragon crafty enough to follow an elven wizard into a rope trick to gain tactical advantage on his fleeing prey (Sickle preferred Elf flesh much more than that of Dwarves or Gnomes), Sickle paid with his life for his clever idea. At the end of the battle, Torvold Splitstone had slain his first dragon upon the sands of the Plains of Dust.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 10-18-2016 at 09:44 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Greensting

Large male Copper Dragon

photo share

Appearances
    Chapter 16: The High Clerist's Tower, p. 150 [Virgil, Darvig present]
    Chapter 16: The High Clerist's Tower, p. 153 (cut scene: Clash of Dragons part I) [Pitslang present]

There's nothing like walking the plains of Solamnia and randomly coming across a sleeping dragon dozing in the autumn woods, but that's exactly what happened to Darvig and Virgil. Initially the copper was disappointed to see Knights and not kender, as Knights could be dull in comparison. But then it also turns out, Greensting seeks to avenge his mate by killing her murderer, the black dragon Pitslang, Virgil's former mount.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 10-18-2016 at 09:48 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Skie

Gargantuan male Blue Dragon

free image host

Appearances
    Chapter 16: The High Clerist's Tower, p. 156 [Virgil present]

Kitiara's mount, Skie, led the reinforced Blue Wing into The Battle of Palanthas, where presumably they were both slain either in the battle, or in the first Magestorm to strike Ansalon soon after, which laid waste to the city of Palanthas and the forces of both sides of the fight, leaving the haunting rubble uninhabitable and renamed The City of Ghosts. At least one human, however, has spoken with the dragon Skie since.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 10-18-2016 at 09:52 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.