Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 244

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Sixth Quest - "Adrift"]

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,885

    Default

    Ulin immediately felt the skeletal cleric's cold death magic struggle to extinguish his sorcerous fire and fail. He heard the creature's enraged scream and watched with grim pleasure as, one-by-one, the dead soldiers attempted to cross his barrier and were instantly consumed in the purple wall of fire.

    However, the enemy's failed assault was short-lived. Not even a half-dozen of the skeletons attempted to cross through the fire wall before their commander hissed at them to stop in whatever cold, dead language it was speaking. The noise was almost indistinguishable from the flames that protected them.

    “Neat trick,” Antog croaked. “Got any that look like us getting the hell out of here?”

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .h. . .i. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*.*. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .a. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . .m. . . . . . . . .*.*. . .*.*. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*. . . . .*. . . . . . . . . . . . .b. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . .n. . . . . . . . .*. .G. . . .B.*. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*. . .U.T.N. .*.#.#. . . . . . . .c. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . .o. . . . . . . .*. .F.D. .*. .#.#. . . . . . . . . . . . .d. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*.*. . .*.*. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .e. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . .p. . .q. . .r. . . .*.*. . . . . .t. . .u. . . . . . .f. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    The entire map is considered difficult terrain and shadowy illumination. 
    lowercase letters= skeleton   #= grasping zombies   *= 20 ft. high wall of fire     
    T= Tasslehoff   N= Flint   U= Ulin   D= Downfall   F= Fao   B= Beldyn   G= Antog
    OOC -
    Skeletal Champion takes 6 points of fire damage.
    Bloody Skeleton Heavy Horse takes 6 points of fire damage.
    Skeletons #k, j, r, v, and s take 6 points of fire damage.
    Skeletons #g and t takes 2 points of fire damage.
    End of Round 1. Beginning of Round 2.
    Skeletal Champion casts a spell as a standard, targeting Ulin's wall of fire.
    Skeletal Champion, DC 21 Dispel Check (d20+4): 5! Totally fails. Badly even. Speaks as a freebie.
    Bloody Skeleton Heavy Horse heals 1 point of damage.
    Skeleton #j moves 10 ft. as a move action through the wall of fire. Fire Damage (2d6+10): 17 (x2) = 32 fire damage. Skeleton #j is destroyed.
    Skeleton #k moves 30 ft. as a move action through the wall of fire. Fire Damage (2d6+10): 17 (x2) = 32 fire damage. Skeleton #k is destroyed.
    Skeleton #g moves 30 ft. as a move action through the wall of fire. Fire Damage (2d6+10): 13 (x2) = 26 fire damage. Skeleton #g is destroyed.
    Skeleton #s moves 10 ft. as a move action through the wall of fire. Fire Damage (2d6+10): 14 (x2) = 28 fire damage. Skeleton #s is destroyed.
    Skeleton #v moves 10 ft. as a move action through the wall of fire. Fire Damage (2d6+10): 21 (x2) = 42 fire damage. Skeleton #v is destroyed.
    Skeletal Champion speaks as a freebie and moves 40 ft. N as a move action, off the map.
    Skeletons #l, m, n, o, p, q, r, h, i, a, b, c, d, e, f, u, and t forgo their turns.

    You're up guys!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 07-26-2016 at 12:59 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default

    "I might," Ulin mimicked in deadpan tones. The sorcerer immediately pulled a scroll from his case and unfurled it.

    "Everyone get as close as possible, please. This will turn us invisible."

    OOC: pulls scroll as a move action. Concentrates on Wall of Fire. Not sure what action that is.
    Last edited by rogue; 06-18-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,817

    Default

    Downfall didn't need encouragement to hold his ground. He certainly wasn't going to run through a ring of fire to attack the undead army. He gave a quick nod, and continued scanning the wall for any breaches.

    OOC
    - Total Defense
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Beldyn was relived to see the dwarf standing. He wasnt sure if the dwarf was just severely wounded or if he was brought back from the dead. "Praise be to Paladine." The cleric stated as Ulin began to evoke a spell. For his part, Beldyn turned to watch the undead. He was grateful for the wall of fire but was unsure about being boxed into a small area. "I can get us out of here, I just dont know where we will go."
    Last edited by elder; 06-22-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,885

    Default

    “Someone just do something!” Antog replied, exasperated.

    “No magic,” Flint said stubbornly. “Where are the others?”

    “Dead probably,” Tas replied forlornly. “I killed two of the knights myself. They'd already turned,” he said with a shudder.

    “Magic is the only way we're getting out of this alive,” Antog retorted. “One of you get us the hell out of here. Now!”

    OOC -
    Antog, readies an attack action as a standard and speaks a bunch as a freebie.
    Flint, readies an attack action as a standard and speaks as a freebie.
    Tas speaks as a freebie.

    Beldyn and Tas still have all of their actions to take still!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default

    "Beldyn, Antog. Please step closer into a circle," Ulin growled, making ready to cast from the scroll.

    OOC: Speaking as a free action. I need Beldyn and Antog to each move five feet inward.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Beldyn moved closer in compliance with Ulin's request. He wasnt sure what was suppose to happen but he had come to trust the sorcerer more than he trusted himself.

    ooc: move action to get closer for the area of effect.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,885

    Default

    Antog listened as well, warily backing up towards the sorcerer, never taking his eyes off of the crackling flames that held the dead at bay. Wightwilter remained poised and ready to strike in his white-knuckled grip.

    One with the magical fire that he fueled, Ulin felt it before he truly heard it.

    “Are the flames dying out?" Tasslehoff asked.

    They weren't dying. They'd been silenced.

    The sharp-eared kender had heard what Ulin understood instinctively, even if Tasslehoff didn't understand what his ears were telling him. A ten foot-long section of Ulin's wall of fire, the portion that guarded Beldyn and Flint's flanks, flickered and danced in the night without making a single crackle or hiss.

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .l. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*.*. . . . . . . . . . . .a. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . .m. . . . . .*.*. . .*.*. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*. . . . .*. . . . . . . . . .b. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    . . . . . . . . . .n. . . . . .*. . .G.B. . .*. . . .h. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*. . .U.T.N. .*.#.#. . . . .c. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . .o. . . . .*. .F.D. .*. .#.#. . . . . . . . . .d. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*.*. . .*.*. . . . . . . . . . . .e. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . .p. . .q. . .r. . . .*.*. . . . . .t. . .u. . . . . . .f. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    The entire map is considered difficult terrain and shadowy illumination. 
    lowercase letters= skeleton   #= grasping zombies   *= 20 ft. high wall of fire     
    T= Tasslehoff   N= Flint   U= Ulin   D= Downfall   F= Fao   B= Beldyn   G= Antog
    OOC -
    Beldyn moves 20 ft. W as a move action.
    Antog moves 10 ft. E as a move action.
    Tas assumes total defense as a standard and speaks as a freebie.
    Skeletal champion and skeletons do stuff out of sight and out of earshot.
    Downfall, DC 22 Perception check (d20+10): 28. Succeeds. Notices that the section of the wall of fire to the right of Beldyn and Flint is burning silently.
    Ulin, DC 22 Perception check (d20+7): 22. Succeeds. Notices that the section of wall of fire to the right of Beldyn and Flint is burning silently.
    Beldyn, DC 22 Perception check (d20+7): 17. Fails. Notices nothing unusual.
    Antog, DC 22 Perception check (d20+12): 14. Fails. Notices nothing unusual.
    Flint, DC 21 Perception check (d20+4): 19. Fails. Notices nothing unusual.
    Tasslehoff, DC 22 Perception check (d20+14): 26. Succeeds. Notices that the section of the wall of fire to the right of Beldyn and Flint is burning silently.
    End of Round 2. Beginning of Round 3.

    You're up guys!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 07-26-2016 at 01:01 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default

    Ulin wasted no time reading the spidery words off the scroll. In the process, his concentration slipped away from the fiery wall. It would drop in seconds. The feeling of gossamer covered the group, bathing everyone in magic.

    "You must all stay close, within 10 feet. Do not stray...."

    OOC: Ulin does not concentrate on the Wall of Fire. It will have one more round of existence.

    Ulin casts Invisibility Sphere from the scroll. It should last for five minutes.

    And so we are clear, undead are not immune to glamers.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,885

    Default

    "Why? What did you do?" Tasslehoff asked. "I feel tingly and itchy like I walked into a spiderweb, but how does that help us?"

    Flint sneezed.

    "He said we're invisible now," the dwarf snapped over his shoulder at the kender.

    "Then how come I can still see everyone?" Tas asked.

    "The spell didn't work," Flint said. "Now what?"

    OOC -
    Tas speaks as a freebie.
    Flint speaks as a freebie.
    Beldyn, DC 22 Spellcraft check (d20+13): 26. Succeeds. Recognizes the ambient arcane spell invisibility sphere.

    Still everyone else to go!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 07-01-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •