Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Superball's Age of Mortals Campaign - Key of Destiny

Great write-up and a fun read! I have a question, is your Qualinesti cleric a dark elf? I am pretty sure neutral gods are frowned upon unless they are a Kagonesti even in the AoM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

My honest take on that: when you have a barely surviving, fluctuating population and most of your magic-users of any kind are slain by the enemy, do you quibble?

Plus, she's half-Kag, so I figured they'd go, 'oh, it's a family thing.'
    Last edited by SuperBall; 06-13-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Could be some fun roleplay fodder for elves not in the diaspora in the future, namely Silvamori and Qualimori etc.

That's a heads up I'll take. I didn't want to give her character that kind of trouble from the get-go. One of the justifications that I made was her father's position in service to House Royal and the Master of Hawks and Hounds. The second reasoning being the diaspora. Silvanesti elves are mixed with Qualinesti and some Kagonesti, and the Speaker rules both peoples as one. The Silvanesti revere her, and don't brand dark elves for her worship, so I made the decision a political one as well. It would be a powder-keg with the Silvanesti if Jhandra was tried as a dark elf for her affiliations.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Update: the entire first session has been edited. All of my words are now in Italics, making it easy for the reader to switch between both voices. This will be the format for all future writeups.

It looks great! Thanks for the suggestion, Shelle!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall View Post
    My honest take on that: when you have a barely surviving, fluctuating population and most of your magic-users of any kind are slain by the enemy, do you quibble?

Plus, she's half-Kag, so I figured they'd go, 'oh, it's a family thing.'
    Thanks, SB!

I can handle it if down the line someone wants to discuss or flat out judge the righteousness of my path, however, I did my research and this is all I could find:

"The Qualinesti worship the gods of light, as well as the nature god Chislev.

They do not venerate the gods of darkness at all, and any elf caught worshipping an evil god is exiled and considered a dark elf by every other Qualinesti elf."

My source was http://dragonlancenexus.com/lexicon/...Qualinesti_Elf

So I don't see where Chislev being neutral gets her followers treated as dark, especially when both Silvanesti and Qualinesti revere her (as well as Kagonesti and Dargonesti). Grey, maybe.
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 06-13-2016 at 08:03 PM.
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

Yeah Ed, I've never heard anything like what you were saying in regards to the Qualinesti or any of the elves - especially when it comes to a nature goddess. Now, Moon Gods? Yes, you're a White Robe or you're a dark elf.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Oh mango, this is gonna be fun to read!
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere View Post
    Yeah Ed, I've never heard anything like what you were saying in regards to the Qualinesti or any of the elves - especially when it comes to a nature goddess. Now, Moon Gods? Yes, you're a White Robe or you're a dark elf.
    This is from Races of Ansalon on page 67 in the Qualinesti section:

Worship of the gods of Neutrality is uncommon but not unprecedented. Those who do must be very careful to maintain a low profile. Personal devotion is tolerated, but too much open proselytizing can risk the scorn of the community. Shinare and Chislev each have cults among the Qualinesti, and Zivilyn is often respected as a sponsor of sages and philosophers.

I also recall reading that the above leads to becoming a dark elf from either the DLCS or AoM.

That makes a little more sense. Proselytizing is the act of spurring a person's conversion from something to something different. I can see that, but if she isn't openly enticing others to join the Church of Chislev verbally or otherwise, it's not enough to get her branded. You can still believe, is what everyone is saying. That's not at issue.